Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow... From early morning

20191125_070350.jpg

Just now

Screenshot_20191125-070330.jpg

Took a nibble and bought 5 shares at 342. Don’t tell my financial advisor.;)

I had been waiting until later in day for any buys, even very small, but a few dollars per share doesn’t matter for 5 shares, I just want to add some more below 350, after what looks to me like a smashing success of the Cybertruck introduction, pun intended. My cost basis is still a hair below 250.

News looks great from Shanghai and Berlin, with Ctruck and likely more imminent FSD progress and MY production not far off, TSLA still seems WAY undervalued. And by some lucky accident my house has a 22ft garage instead of standard 20, so life is good.

I have family spread across Texas that are serious truck folks, have pinged them on CTruck to gauge reaction from the Heartland. Will report back, might be some good data points relevant to investors.

Given the Macros are up big and Tesla is being walked down, if I were a bear or short, I'd be pretty happy. They successfully cut the momentum in the stock and likely restarted that slow process of breaking through 350 and then 360 levels. I really believe they're trying their best to hold it down in hope of a negative macro related event. They got bailed out last by the market taking the 10% retracement. I don't think they'll get so lucky thus time. But I do think they've successfully delayed the stock breaking into an ATH until Q4 number

Reactions: avoigt
Interesting opinion article from Mark Reuss, president of GM. While the title is negative sounding (typical from CNN Money), the article sounds more like a call to action for large auto manufacturers.

GM president: Electric cars won't go mainstream until we fix these problems (opinion) - CNN

I disagree that GM's president wrote that as a "call to action" for other large auto makers.

That makes exactly ZERO sense. CEO's don't usually egg their competitors on to be more competitive, they focus on improving their own company.

The story reads (superficially) as a pro-EV piece but the average reader is basically being told that the current crop of EV's are not yet a good choice for most drivers due to the fact that EV's are not competitive in terms of cost, range and availability of charging stations. It completely neglects to mention most people charge almost exclusively at home and it treats current EV owners as a special class of people who are willing to put up with these disadvantages but that most people would not. This article was written to extend the reign of the ICE and the ignorance of the ICE driving public. Obviously.

I'm baffled that anyone would fall for this as being a "call to action" of his competitors. Absolutely ridiculous.