Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While the $39k Cybertruck price seems shockingly low, the ASP is likely to reach $52k without counting FSD option sales. I think Tesla should be able to make a nice profit on $52k ASP, FSD will be additional profit.

Edit: truck is different from sedan. Some people actually need the higher end truck for the range and utility. I assume the sales will be 1/3 of each model. (40k, 50k, 70k), assume average buyer will add $1k option not counting FSD. So we get ASP $5.43k. Even if using today's 2170 batteries, they should have a nice profit. FSD take rate is hard to tell. Assume 50% take rate by 2022, that's another $3.5k profit from each truck.
Elon Musk on Twitter
We already know from the first 146k orders that 17% are single motor, 42% dual and 41% tri. This implies an ASP of $56,400, excluding other options.

1-2 customers every few days? Did you not click on the "tweets and replies" button? In the past 24 hours they've targeted:

EnerTuition on Twitter
Lindsay Ellis on Twitter (multiple tweets)
Michael Rihani  on Twitter
Edward Hodge on Twitter
Nancy Knupfer on Twitter
Carlo Costanzo on Twitter
Jason Hashmi on Twitter
Antoin on Twitter
TezLab Supercharger Bot on Twitter
Sunny Walia on Twitter
Shawn Nag on Twitter
Carol Scherer Murphy on Twitter
Mike Frank on Twitter
Miguel Colom on Twitter (multiple tweets)
greg stasko on Twitter
Alex Roy on Twitter (multiple tweets)
Shehzaad Nakhoda on Twitter (multiple tweets)
Shary Nassimi on Twitter
John S on Twitter
Ben on Twitter
Ahmed Farag on Twitter
Sean Gorman on Twitter
Steve Perkins on Twitter (the person they're targeting literally says they're cancelling their order)
Scot Work on Twitter (original tweet deleted)
JK4K on Twitter
Veritrope on Twitter
itsjustkev on Twitter
Nick Schwab on Twitter
Zero Carbon Capital on Twitter
Robert Scoble on Twitter
Can Quach on Twitter
KK B on Twitter

That's ***one day*** of their targets. They do this every single day.

I just went through and wrote tweets on each one informing them that they're being targeted, but I can't spend my whole life doing this. When you talk to their targets, 95% of the time the target doesn't realize that the people they're speaking to are short-sellers.

33 folks in which only a few would actually respond out of 1200 people who took deliveries is still using a bucket to stop a tidal wave. Oh yeah, out of the 1200 who took deliveries, 99% of them would recommend their car to a family member. Frustrating yes, but they have been doing this for awhile and the back log is increasing so..shrug

33 folks in which only a few would actually respond out of 1200 people who took deliveries is still using a bucket to stop a tidal wave. Oh yeah, out of the 1200 who took deliveries, 99% of them would recommend their car to a family member. Frustrating yes, but they have been doing this for awhile and the back log is increasing so..shrug
I am thinking about buying a 35-45K priced car. Some random people on twitter tells me to look out because of service issues...or full Super chargers.

Maybe it's just me...but those random twitter people have almost no sway....as in none.

Reactions: aubreymcfato
I am thinking about buying a 35-45K priced car. Some random people on twitter tells me to look out because of service issues...or full Super chargers.

Maybe it's just me...but those random twitter people have almost no sway....as in none.
But would you ask Twitter for advice? If not, you may have little in common with the guys who were targeted.

33 folks... every single day.

And the people they succeed with don't just cancel orders, return cars, sue Tesla, complain to the media, or whatever it is that TSLAQ is trying to convince them to do. They then advocate against Tesla. Some of them might even end up becoming Qs. There's knock-on effects. Remember that Tesla spreads through word-of-mouth. For that, said "word-of-mouth" needs to be positive.

Take the example of the person who didn't hear back from Tesla in a week, and was convinced by Scot to cancel. That person would surely otherwise have gotten their car, and like the overwhelming majority of people who get a Tesla, been thrilled with it, showed it off to their friends and coworkers, etc. Instead whenever the topic turns to Tesla, they'll be saying, "Oh, I totally dodged a bullet; haven't you heard about #TeslaQualityIssues?"

33 folks... every single day.

And the people they succeed with don't just cancel orders, return cars, sue Tesla, complain to the media, or whatever it is that TSLAQ is trying to convince them to do. They then advocate against Tesla. Some of them might even end up becoming Qs. There's knock-on effects. Remember that Tesla spreads through word-of-mouth. For that, said "word-of-mouth" needs to be positive.

Take the example of the person who didn't hear back from Tesla in a week, and was convinced by Scot to cancel. That person would surely otherwise have gotten their car, and like the overwhelming majority of people who get a Tesla, been thrilled with it, showed it off to their friends and coworkers, etc. Instead whenever the topic turns to Tesla, they'll be saying, "Oh, I totally dodged a bullet; haven't you heard about #TeslaQualityIssues?"

And Tesla delievers 1200 cars every single day.
I would say Elon did more damage with his one pedo tweet than everyday worth of this anti Tesla campaign combined for the next 20 years.

And Tesla delievers 1200 cars every single day.
I would say Elon did more damage with his one pedo tweet than everyday worth of this anti Tesla campaign combined for the next 20 years.
The thing you need to understand is.....if it weren't the pedo tweet, it would be something else. This is a war.

But would you ask Twitter for advice? If not, you may have little in common with the guys who were targeted.
Not saying it's not a issue...but I think the tsunami that is Tesla has been unleashed and the TESLAQ folks are like this.

wat.gif

Or better like this:
stop.gif

1-2 customers every few days? Did you not click on the "tweets and replies" button? In the past 24 hours they've targeted:

EnerTuition on Twitter
Edward Hodge on Twitter
Nancy Knupfer on Twitter
Jason Hashmi on Twitter
Antoin on Twitter
Sunny Walia on Twitter
Shawn Nag on Twitter
Mike Frank on Twitter
greg stasko on Twitter
Shary Nassimi on Twitter
John S on Twitter
Ben on Twitter
Ahmed Farag on Twitter
Sean Gorman on Twitter
Steve Perkins on Twitter (the person they're targeting literally says they're cancelling their order)
JK4K on Twitter
Veritrope on Twitter
itsjustkev on Twitter
Nick Schwab on Twitter
Robert Scoble on Twitter
Can Quach on Twitter
KK B on Twitter

I just went through and wrote tweets on each one informing them that they're being targeted, but I can't spend my whole life doing this. When you talk to their targets, 95% of the time the target doesn't realize that the people they're speaking to are short-sellers.
NAL but, I would think Tesla would have some sort of complaint based on Tortious Corporate Interference and possibly under Rico since there is apparently a group in collusion. Lawyers?

EnerTuition on Twitter
Edward Hodge on Twitter
Nancy Knupfer on Twitter
Jason Hashmi on Twitter
Antoin on Twitter
Sunny Walia on Twitter
Shawn Nag on Twitter
Mike Frank on Twitter
greg stasko on Twitter
Shary Nassimi on Twitter
John S on Twitter
Ben on Twitter
Ahmed Farag on Twitter
Sean Gorman on Twitter
JK4K on Twitter
Veritrope on Twitter
itsjustkev on Twitter
Nick Schwab on Twitter
Robert Scoble on Twitter
Can Quach on Twitter
KK B on Twitter

Please tell me, the busiest compressed driving season is upon us and getting ALL charging stations working at least on interstates was not a priority.

The videos of lines of Teslas waiting to charge this busy travel holiday, are hitting various forums.

Rapid EV adoption brings queues at some EV chargers on Thanksgiving weekend - Electrek

Last edited:
Here's some sales news: from beep beep.ie

Ireland November 2019 Registrations:

Model 3 136
Model X 3
Model S 3

YTD: 255 Tesla vehicles

Ireland November 2018 Registrations:

Model 3 0
Model X 0
Model S 1

YTD 117 Tesla vehicles
Hard to move a Model S around Ireland. Model X is way too big for an Irish family. Model 3 is a sedan and looks non-European. IMO Model Y will be wildly popular with the Irish and pretty much all of the UK/EU. Excited to see how it goes.

• Informative
Reactions: Fact Checking
Just before reading the above I picked up a handful of 320$ Jan. 17 calls, which I now feel pretty good about.

That's a nice one if you want maximum leverage for events until January 17, which includes Q4 deliveries but not the Q4 earnings report.

The $320 strikes are still in the "maximum leverage" sweet spot for call options, which currently stretches from about $300 to $370. The leverage ratio is about 1:10 there, it takes about +10-13% move up in TSLA to double the value of these options.

I believe @KarenRei is trading a similar scheme, with higher strike prices - if the bet works out the options can be rolled over into higher strike prices, to keep it within the sweet spot.

(If the price drops the money is all but gone, so this is not advice. :D)

Can't you make a bot to follow the Twitter short-sellers around and let the targets know they've been targeted by TSLA short-sellers?