Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not really. Many investors who are not US domiciled have accounts in the US and invest directly. Unless the investor domicile is directly shown to be non-US the identification is difficult. Further quite a quantity of non-US ownership is obscured anyway because of US registered investment vehicles. In theory all this should be inconsequential. In practice it is fraught.

I spent some seriously irritating time trying to resolve precisely such issues for regulatory compliance purposes. Much depends on accurate self-identification. Bizarrely, anybody who wants to invest directly as a non-US person properly self-identifying is faced with considerable bureaucratic burden. Only the cheaters have it easy.

OK, I admit it. I'm a bit jaded.

Not sure exactly what you are discussing but here in Scandinavia it's as easy to buy Tesla, any other US stock, as well as stock from many other foreign markets, as our own stocks are. Not sure if they can bee identified as owned directly by me or just by my brokerage. In either case it should be obvious to whoever needs to know, if anyone, that they are owned by someone from outside the US.

• Informative
Reactions: wipster
His segment was full on fan boyish. Seemed genuine as he still took a few subtle digs at Elon's.

"a few subtle dig at Elon's"... Elon's what? Come on, you can't leave us hanging there...!

Meanwhile, in the stock market, blah blah, back above $380, let's finish green, eh, come baby, you know you want it!

IIRC, Last time Tesla raised capital the stock price also took off. Wish they'd do that again to build Semi/Cybertruck factory.
Don't assume Tesla needs a new factory to build Cybertruck. With the projected late-2021 product launch, its uncertain Tesla could even build a new USA factory in that timeline.

Instead, I look for spare capacity and another shift on the Fremont S/X line to do final assembly for Cybertruck. Yes, that means a 17" horiz. display for S/X by then, along with the Refreshed/Plaid Model S, and more 18650 cells from Panasonic/Japan (hint: they are the SAME Tesla chemistry that goes in 2170s).

Telsa does not want to let capacity sit idle, as it does now at Fremont. Cybertruck needs no stamping, no body, no paint. Just bring pre-bent/welded hulls to final assembly. Cybertruck maximizes Fremont S/X line output ASAP, which I believe makes this plan tempting to Tesla's Board.

So possibly 50K Cybertrucks/year from 1 shift? Maybe slightly more with improving efficiencies. But I don't think this'll be the final answer. Consumers will demand more 21st Century high-tech trucks, and Tesla will find a new way to build them.

After SpaceX puts Tesla Cybertrucks on the Moon and Mars in the late-2020s, demand will literally skyrocket. Every future James T. Kirk now growing up in Riverside, Iowa will loose his mind if he can't have one. I'll look for a new mid-West factory to build that 2nd Gen pickup truck. :p

As for Semi, I lean toward Lathrop. Telsa plans a 'small production run' in 2020, likely meaning ~500ish semi-trucks for their logistics needs. So any tent'll do, right? ;)

Once they have some real experience building and operating Semi, I think they'll spec out a new line. I do expect Cybertruck to be first to production, though, at Fremont.

Cheers!

Actually, the lack of an incentive is just a deeper moat. Product stands on its own. Elon has stated in the pass the tax break is sort of a crutch anyway. Additionally, uncertainty has been removed from buying decisions and in fact now that price increases are being introduced and competition is NOT materializing, buying decisions just got easier and should become apparent in Q1.

Fire Away!
“It’s the batteries stupid!”
Yup. And look for Tesla to provide another price drop in Jan 2020, as they did in mid-July 2019. Not the full amount of the decrease in the Tax credit, just enough so that the 'buy' decision becomes a push for most potential customers.

Cheers!

Reactions: Cirrus MS100D
"a few subtle dig at Elon's"... Elon's what? Come on, you can't leave us hanging there...!

Meanwhile, in the stock market, blah blah, back above $380, let's finish green, eh, come baby, you know you want it!
ha, poor edit, I originally said something like Elon's personality, but decided to just leave it at Elon and left the apostrophe and s by accident.

Yup. And look for Tesla to provide another price drop in Jan 2020, as they did in mid-July 2019. Not the full amount of the decrease in the Tax credit, just enough so that the 'buy' decision becomes a push for most potential customers.

Cheers!
They just raised the Model 3 price didn't they?

If anyone is interested CNBC is about to tell us why shares of Tesla are set to tumble on Power Lunch lol

Hilariously vague reasoning. RSI blah blah blah Santa Claus etc blah blah blah. Anchor follow up: yeah and people waiting until new tax year to sell blah blah blah...(wouldn’t that apply to whole market if true?)

If anyone is interested CNBC is about to tell us why shares of Tesla are set to tumble on Power Lunch lol
They led in with Tesla Slows Down today and how it is testing it’s all time highs which is a bad sign because history says it will plummet 20% from here. One analyst believes momentum collapses in Q1 the other said to not short this stock with Shanghai coming up. He believed the stock might skyrocket when it breaks through $400.
Both agreed it’s a terrifying stock because of its volatility

They led in with Tesla Slows Down today and how it is testing it’s all time highs which is a bad sign because history says it will plummet 20% from here. One analyst believes momentum collapses in Q1 the other said to not short this stock with Shanghai coming up. He believed the stock might skyrocket when it breaks through $400.

chaos.jpg

And we are all terrified that CNBC is worried about volatility in the stock market, and i suggest CNBC switch their coverage from powerlunch to annuitylunch...

While Kallo still has a Buy rating on Tesla, he hasn't yet raised his Price Target from $355. Of course there hasn't been much time to get caught up with the price movement. Perhaps his wife is chiding him about that right now

CNBBC, 2035: “Technical traders will note that this was the second time the AWI* has overtaken the Angela CyberCookie Constant; the FrunkPuppy formation it creates is more apparent if you overlay the Chao-Resonant Cramer Curve on this simplified 3D holochart...”

*Analyst Wife Index, trademark 2019 Curt Renz

Last edited:
His segment was full on fan boyish. Seemed genuine as he still took a few subtle digs at Elon's.
He's just a performer... don't get me wrong, I hope he's seen the light as there are a lot of people that love his act, but it's still an act and that's what concerns me.

I go South and eat fresh bananas.

Actually, that I can envy ;) I tire of cavendishes.

Well my bag is full of $$, so...

Hire some shorts to hold the bag for you ;)

Pfffsssshhhhttt, well that’s obvious.
Spelling “caching” with an S.
How is anyone supposed to take you seriously?!? ;)

I think a cosmic ray caused a soft error that flipped a couple bits in my natural language processing subsystem when I was writing that ;)

Seriously, though, some of my code (heavily excerpted) for such a function I've written in the past, as proof:

def full_evaluate(p, force_run = False):
..hash = "".join(["%05g,"] * len(p))[:-1] % tuple(p.tolist())
..ret2 = evaluate(p, hash, run_params, force_run)
....return write_hash(hash, s, (ret0[1], ret1[1], ret2[1]), (ret0[2], ret1[2], r
et2[2]))

def evaluate(p, hash, run_params, force_run = False):
....if hash in hashes:
......log("Already run (%f)\n" % hashes[hash])
......return hashes[hash]

def write_hash(hash, value, score, penalty):
..global hashes
..if hash not in hashes:
....hashes[hash] = value
..fp = open("hashes.txt", "a")
..fp.write("%s:%0.7g:(%0.7g,%0.7g,%0.7g):(%0.7g,%0.7g,%0.7g)\n" % (hash, value, score[0], score[1], score[2], penalty[0], penalty[1], penalty[2]))
..fp.close()
..return value

def load_hashes():
..global hashes
..hashes = {}
..fp = open("hashes.txt", "r")
..for line in fp.readlines():
....if line == "\n":
......continue
....match = re.match("^([^:]+):([^:]+):([^:]+):([^:]+)$", line)
....hashes[match.group(1)] = float(match.group(2))
..fp.close()

load_hashes()
ret = scipy.optimize.differential_evolution(full_evaluate, bounds, args=(), init
=init_list, strategy='rand1bin', seed=0, popsize=POPSIZE, mutation=(0,1.999), to
l=0, maxiter=30000, polish=True)

(I'm well aware that I'm rather typo prone - which is why this site's inability to edit old posts is kind of frustrating :( )

Back on topic: I'm quite frankly thrilled by the fact that the stock seems to be consolidating at this level. Right before the deliveries report, the start of GF3 deliveries, etc etc. $380 and no heavy profit taking? It's about bloody time ;)

Actually, that I can envy ;) I tire of cavendishes.

Hire some shorts to hold the bag for you ;)

I think a cosmic ray caused a soft error that flipped a couple bits in my natural language processing subsystem when i was writing that ;)

Seriously, though, some of my code (heavily excerpted) for such a function I've written in the past, as proof:

def full_evaluate(p, force_run = False):
..hash = "".join(["%05g,"] * len(p))[:-1] % tuple(p.tolist())
..ret2 = evaluate(p, hash, run_params, force_run)
....return write_hash(hash, s, (ret0[1], ret1[1], ret2[1]), (ret0[2], ret1[2], r
et2[2]))

def evaluate(p, hash, run_params, force_run = False):
....if hash in hashes:
......log("Already run (%f)\n" % hashes[hash])
......return hashes[hash]

def write_hash(hash, value, score, penalty):
..global hashes
..if hash not in hashes:
....hashes[hash] = value
..fp = open("hashes.txt", "a")
..fp.write("%s:%0.7g:(%0.7g,%0.7g,%0.7g):(%0.7g,%0.7g,%0.7g)\n" % (hash, value, score[0], score[1], score[2], penalty[0], penalty[1], penalty[2]))
..fp.close()
..return value

def load_hashes():
..global hashes
..hashes = {}
..fp = open("hashes.txt", "r")
..for line in fp.readlines():
....if line == "\n":
......continue
....match = re.match("^([^:]+):([^:]+):([^:]+):([^:]+)$", line)
....hashes[match.group(1)] = float(match.group(2))
..fp.close()

load_hashes()
ret = scipy.optimize.differential_evolution(full_evaluate, bounds, args=(), init
=init_list, strategy='rand1bin', seed=0, popsize=POPSIZE, mutation=(0,1.999), to
l=0, maxiter=30000, polish=True)

(I'm well aware that I'm rather typo prone - which is why this site's inability to edit old posts is kind of frustrating :( )

Back on topic: I'm quite frankly thrilled by the fact that the stock seems to be consolidating at this level. Right before the deliveries report, the start of GF3 deliveries, etc etc. $380 and no heavy profit taking? It's about bloody time ;)
But why all those sad faces? ;) (No, no need to tell, we can guess)