Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ATH captured!

Capture.PNG

Even better, an internal e-mail congratulating everyone for making record deliveries before the end of the quarter!
"and as you all know we hit our goal of beating record deliveries by 3k vehicles and our backlog of deliveries is so large that we expect Q1 to be another record breaking quarter"

Hey, if we are dreaming, why not dream big? :)

Page 21 of a thread from a trading forum has a short story of an account blowout on TSLA, I hope to hear more from the guy

TSLA 2019 | Page 21 | Elite Trader

Oh wow:

TSLA 2019 | Page 21 | Elite Trader

"My buddy who trades TSLA just blew out... I can't be sure of the loss but he blocked me on Twitter and insta, so it's gotta be bad. He was down $2MM on the year with the shares at $335 and I know he was short 100K there as well as thousands of naked calls (short)."

"I am off this week and just looked. $388. ATH."​

$335->$390 with 100k TSLA shares short is another $5.5m loss. Writing thousands of naked call contracts is incredibly risky, but I guess he needed the cash.

Then:

"He was convinced it was a $75 stock. He was short from 260 and held it to the touch of 165 on something like 80K shares. Didn't cover. Forced to cover at unch and then shorted (100K shares) again the day before earnings. Was shorting calls all the way to 350. I haven't talked to him since it hit 350."

"He's trying to sublet his $40K/month Tribeca apt on the qt as the co-op board won't allow it."​

With the naked calls that's going to be a hard landing ...