Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When moments like these occur I always pause to give thanks to the shorts that have helped to make this happen.

Haha, of course.

In all seriousness though, the true thanks goes to the remarkable employees at Tesla. The resilience despite the odds is astounding, and even more so when you consider it's not just a homogenous bunch of Silicon Valley engineers or businesspeople, but a very diverse workforce spread across socioeconomic lines and throughout the globe. The mission binds all of these people together in a unique way, and extracts 110% effort on the assembly lines, delivery centers, and software cubicles when many traditional corporations would fail.

NOBODY else has this, and this is why Tesla is this generation's most special company and a cultural force. Very proud to be an investor and supporter.

Page 21 of a thread from a trading forum has a short story of an account blowout on TSLA, I hope to hear more from the guy

TSLA 2019 | Page 21 | Elite Trader

“My buddy who trades TSLA just blew out... I can't be sure of the loss but he blocked me on Twitter and insta, so it's gotta be bad. He was down $2MM on the year with the shares at $335 and I know he was short 100K there as well as thousands of naked calls (short).

I am off this week and just looked. $388. ATH.”

Shorters beware.

He was convinced it was a $75 stock. He was short from 260 and held it to the touch of 165 on something like 80K shares. Didn't cover. Forced to cover at 250 and then shorted (100K shares) again the day before earnings. Was shorting calls all the way to 350. I haven't talked to him since it hit 350.

He's trying to sublet his $40K/month Tribeca apt on the qt as the co-op board won't allow it.

“My buddy who trades TSLA just blew out... I can't be sure of the loss but he blocked me on Twitter and insta, so it's gotta be bad. He was down $2MM on the year with the shares at $335 and I know he was short 100K there as well as thousands of naked calls (short).

I am off this week and just looked. $388. ATH.”

Shorters beware.

Bought 4 $388.7442 Settles 12/20/2019 1:48 PM 12/18/2019
spouse
"We own __how many shares__!!
me
"we are still up >30%"
spouse
"ok, well, you did take a lot of profits to buy stuff a while back"
me
"yeah, if I had held, we would be up a lot further"
spouse
"you had fun?"
me
"yeah, OK, and it helped partialy pay for 2 vaca to kaua'i"
spouse
<smiles>

hah had the same conversation with my wife earlier today. "if i hadn't bought that Willy Wonka pinball machine in July, we'd be up even more..."