Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
$404.04
:D

Shedding some tears for the shorts as TSLA hits all-time highs....
source.gif

Just thought I would check in and say hello. The comment above was posted when TSLA was sub $200.

There were 9 people that disagreed with the comment, 2 people through it was funny (as if I was making a joke), 1 person called me out saying I was lying short troll (never understood that theory) and 1 person said I was bullshit since 'a CPA would never do that'.

The moral of the story... listen to yourself and not others. I wouldn't call my profit life changing (just yet) but it is pretty close. I have now started selling off some shares to pay off the margin.

Thanks to all that liked/loved the above post!

View attachment 490269
I think the people who disagreed were genuinely concerned for your wellbeing.

Most here advocate for playing with extra money you don't need, betting the house and losing it (in the worst case) is quite a life changing impact, therefore not recommended in general.

Good thing it worked out for you, but please be careful in the future as there will be many stories soon of TSLA shorts losing their shirts, not just the houses. Can go either way.

Just thought I would check in and say hello. The comment above was posted when TSLA was sub $200.

There were 9 people that disagreed with the comment, 2 people through it was funny (as if I was making a joke), 1 person called me out saying I was lying short troll (never understood that theory) and 1 person said I was bullshit since 'a CPA would never do that'.

The moral of the story... listen to yourself and not others. I wouldn't call my profit life changing (just yet) but it is pretty close. I have now started selling off some shares to pay off the margin.

Thanks to all that liked/loved the above post!

View attachment 490269

I'm glad it worked out for you, but man was that ballsy. Not so much because of the FUD, but because of a potential black swan that could have wiped you out (and still could, I suppose? unless you've started to build a hedge).

Break out is pretty huge usually when there's a cyclic range for years. Kathie Wood I think said it during an interview. And from my past AMD experience, shares doubled in price after a cyclical range of 2+ years.
A Tesla run like AMD would be ok. That would get us to about 4000 in two years.
My son told me to buy AMD at $2. High volatility and architectural advantage over Intel that requires them to redesign their entire chip foundation. Sounds familiar.

Reactions: Lessmog and wipster