Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You're kidding, right? The huge and obvious downside is that pretty much every car is different. So your techs can never get used to anything, and repairs are always fraught. Any weird problem could easily be caused by a configuration that you've never seen before. It's a potential nightmare, and I have no idea how Tesla service copes. Plus it just keeps getting worse.

No, I have no idea why this hasn't proven to be a serious problem. Maybe nothing ever breaks any more? I'm pretty sure that isn't true.

I dearly love continuous improvement BUT it is a service nightmare that only gets worse with scale. No amount of block chain helps. The problem evolves around managing increasing complexity in a scaling process.

A vastly simplified product helps. SW helps. Exquisite quality helps. Eliminating parts helps.

When EM says the best part is no part, he is trying to address the growing challenge of delivering quality service support to a logistically complex ever-improving product. It must be simple to be maintainable.

Once he thinks a little more about this he will conclude the best part is two fewer parts etc.

Fabrication out of stainless steel means fewer body pieces to replace, this helps.

Where there must be a part, it must last for a million miles. This helps.

411.90.jpg

What's the over-under on when we reach $420? I reckon we'll get there by 10AM at this rate.

ATH in pre-market...

YEEEES!!!

Already touched ATH of 413.00 in pre-market.

I bring good news to you folks.

特拉风T☰SLA mania on Twitter

Breaking

Tesla just got yet another 5-year low interest loan of 10 billion RMB (yes Billion with a B), or approximately 1.5 billion US dollars, from several major Chinese banks.

90% of the standard interest just like last time.​

Wow, I wonder if they know that in Firefox I can just hit F9 to "Enter Reader View" and see the whole article? :p

"Gregor Hembrough, head of Polestar USA, said in an affidavit that Polestar has accepted refundable reservations from seven Illinois residents, but final transactions have to be handled by a Polestar retailer."

Off-the scale-demand!!!

Last edited:
"Gregor Hembrough, head of Polestar USA, said in an affidavit that Polestar has accepted refundable reservations from seven Illinois residents, but final transactions have to be handled by a Polestar retailer."

Off-the scale-demand!!!

Polestar said they will first release in 9 countries.

China,California, Canada, Belgium, Germany, the Netherlands, Norway, Sweden and the United Kingdom. Evidently, Volvo considers California a country.

They later added Seattle.

Chicago/Illinois is not in the first waive of markets to get Polestar.

Polestar said they will first release in 9 countries.

China,California, Canada, Belgium, Germany, the Netherlands, Norway, Sweden and the United Kingdom. Evidently, Volvo considers California a country.

They later added Seattle.

Chicago/Illinois is not in the first waive of markets to get Polestar.
At this point China probably considers California and Seattle as provinces. Australia is also a province, but obviously only important for its commodities rather than its market.

Okay we have the following people signed up to buy one or more shares at $420.69.

Rammstein
Jo-
Unpilot
SW2Fiddler
shrspeedblade
keydriver
copyhacker
Don TLR
Calibear1
Lessmore
pnungesser
Dreadnought
Todesbuckler
dww12
EV forever
Queeg500
cohiba
anthonyj
InDaClub
bz51
pekap
Dysong1
winfield100
davecolene0606
Navin
Duffer
2virgule5
studiodb

Who else is going to join us?

count me in for at least 5 more! I started accumulating in early 2013 when I thought this could be a 10 bagger and now, at $400, it WILL be ANOTHER 10 bagger.

From the article the root of the dealers' complaint is that they already sell Volvo Polestar's so they don't think it is fair for Volvo to split that brand without giving them the opportunity to sell them. And they cite the recent Hyundai/Genesis split where eventually all Hyundai dealers could join if they agreed to build dedicated facilities within x time. But to my laymen sensibilities I think it's different in that Genesis cars were without a Hyundai badge when the Hyundai dealers had sold them. The old polesters were just a trim level of volvos.