Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When the stock is going up, buying Calls seems easy. It doesn't matter if you are using Margin or not, if the stock crashes like it did from December 2018 to Jun 2019, and you are holding LEAPS, you will get killed. I lost $500,000 in Jan 2020 LEAPS with that drop. Luckily, I was smart AND LUCKY and sold stock around 200 and bought 2021 LEAPS which went up and erased my 2020 LEAPS losses. I can't tell you how painful that drop was. In the future, I will only buy LEAPS after a massive drop like we had 6 months ago. I will NEVER buy them again near an ATH. Sure, the stock might go up, but if macros turn against you, or Tesla has some setbacks, the SP will drop and you will lose big, because the time decay will start to kill you too. Just my 2 cents based on my agony this last year.

Checked the price this morning and this is what greeted me:
9361C3FF-770B-4FDD-9D5D-210EA65B6175.png
Merry Christmas everybody!

Joining S&P 500 index is a likely event in 2020. We discussed this in the past. I think the event will trigger significant rally because long investors are unlikely to sell shares. On the other hand, short position is still very large both in shares and in naked derivative positions (my estimates). I don't know how they can cover.

My predictions:
Model Y will be very positive. All the little issues in Model 3 have been detected and fixed. Model Y will have very high quality right off the line.
China production will be very positive. Much higher margin.
Larger production scale tend to increase margin.
Higher oil price is coming, which should be very positive for EV demand. Oil demand is going up. China continues to sell 20 million gasoline vehicles a year, those are new purchase, not to replace old vehicles. Oil exploration activity has been off cliff for a while.
FSD features will increase vehicle demand and the feature take rate.

I will stay bullish until we join S&P, then I will re-exam the situation. I won't sell my shares until they hit $8k.

Last edited:
According to Tesla Time News you can now go from Halifax Canada all the way to Vancouver Canada in a Tesla without having to go the US. Oh yes they now have superchargers in the tiny town of Terrace Bay Ontario where my little brother Southpedl was born.
OT, secret's out, that would be me. Makes sense, half way to Thunderbay. I bet that town of 1,600 doesn't know what a Supercharger is yet. Too bad my Model 3 can't be imported to Canada so I need another someday.

We can compare his chart after Short Interest released at 4PM. Assuming correct, short aren't covering
View attachment 492463
I'll be looking at the official short interest figures, just not bothering to compare them with @ihors3 -- I've done that enough already to know that his are detached from reality.

We can compare his chart after Short Interest released at 4PM. Assuming correct, short aren't covering
View attachment 492463

Short interest released today will be the December 13 (Friday) short interest at close, when TSLA closed on $358.39.

The next trading day on the 16th (Monday) was the big breakout to $380 levels.