Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
really, no separate 2020 thread? 118,821 posts weren't enough
On a scale of 1 to drunk our mod's about a 9 right now. I think we can post pretty much whatever we want
in that case... getting back to zip code trivia:

The bartender Moe said that he moved to Springfield because the zip code was 80085, which when read on a calculator looks like ...

Well, there is no such zip code. Saved you a click.
You can thank me next year...

I for one think it makes accounting better to not release more FSD features until Q1 so the Q1 books continue the expect QonQ improvement but unless another update starts rolling in the next 2 hours they will not be feature complete by any definition by EoY. My guess this will be the target of FUD when the numbers come out and look great. I guess they could do an update before the numbers on Thursday/Friday and then be able to claim everything in Q1 still but I think it's unlikely.

Moderator:

Yes. For the past 5 or 6 years, at each year's end I would pull the curtains on the variously-named "Investors' Thread", and start anew. But some while back I decided there was no reason to follow this and so, at least for the next 365, we'll be continuing this thread without pause.

Woohoo, no curtain call here. The show* goes on!

*Show and sometimes circus, but hats off to the zookeepers that reign it in as needed!

Happy New Year TMCers!

I for one think it makes accounting better to not release more FSD features until Q1 so the Q1 books continue the expect QonQ improvement but unless another update starts rolling in the next 2 hours they will not be feature complete by any definition by EoY. My guess this will be the target of FUD when the numbers come out and look great. I guess they could do an update before the numbers on Thursday/Friday and then be able to claim everything in Q1 still but I think it's unlikely.
City NOA is not even rolled to EAP. If it gets released in Q1, we should count ourselves lucky.

Well money got tranferred by the 30th, so I picked up my new Model X this afternoon at 1:00 p.m.
The handoff was so quick we didn't have a chance to do the inspection.My son drove the car back to Medical Lake, and finally got NOA to work. He was dubious about lane keeping at first, but finally decided the problem was from wind gusts.
It seems that everything that used to be an option is now included free. Sub-zero package, towing package, premium sound. Of course not Performance.

Where and when did he say that?

I don't ever remember a number that aggressive. If anything, I thought GF3 was one of the first instances of underpromise and overdeliver. I know they said they planned to get to 3k/week, but I never got the impression that was for 2019 -- it's crazy they even have an operational factory in under a year! I thought 3k/week was the initial production capacity goal, as in, what they get to once all the kinks are worked out and workers trained and suppliers online and etc. Much later than now.

I remember him quoting that but couldn’t find it. The best I can give you is his response to Colin (who referenced the original target):

“As a follow-up, you're still targeting the China facility ramp by the end of the year. Are you still confident in the 3,000 per week? And do you have a battery supplier yet that's getting pretty close to the point?

Elon R. Musk -- Chief Executive Officer

Yeah. The Shanghai Gigafactory progress is going incredibly well. A testament to the outstanding execution of our team on the ground there. I get daily emails with dozen pictures from one day to the next from Tom Zhu, who leads the Gigafactory program. And so, we're obviously discussing it or getting updates seven days a week. So, I mean, I'm in that Gigafactory email.

So, in terms of execution, it's outstanding, but of course, the production goes as fast as the slowest item. That's very important to bear in mind. So, we have 99% of things in good shape, but 1% is missing you still can make a car. So, with respect to -- that said, it looks like we'll reach volume production at the end of this year with, let's say, more than 1,000 cars a week, maybe 2,000 from Shanghai Giga at the end of this year. That's what it looks like to be the case right now. If it's not at the end, it will be shortly thereafter. And then, we expect to have multiple sales flyers for Shanghai Giga.

So here’s the update on the energy side, previous Information from my bird was a bit confusing and was distorted, I originally thought Tesla was aiming for a goal of 50MW, but as it turns out installers only know what their numbers are at each geographical location; a certain single location in California had a goal of over 500kw (not MW), but ended up installing over 700kw this quarter (so they demolished their goal with lots of overtime). Again, this is only for a single location in California and does not apply to all the installation hubs across the US.

Moderator:

Yes. For the past 5 or 6 years, at each year's end I would pull the curtains on the variously-named "Investors' Thread", and start anew. But some while back I decided there was no reason to follow this and so, at least for the next 365, we'll be continuing this thread without pause.
Please check your calendar it is not the 1st of april