Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are we expecting a bump on tomorrow’s start of deliveries and MIC Y announcement, or is that what we’re seeing EOD right now?

Don't over-complicate it. What we are seeing is the gradual realization that Tesla really is the next big thing! This will go on for some time. Yes, it will even get rocky. Don't worry.

I hope someone passes this message to Elon: Please do not repeat the going private drama. It would hurt longs who have out of money Calls, and it would help shorts who sold those Calls.

Baron Partners Fund Retail Shares (BPTRX) supposedly has 5% in SpaceX and 10% in Tesla. I bought a little bit of this fund, but I think the fund has drawbacks for me: it holds too little SpaceX and Tesla, and fee is around 2% a year. I would rather directly hold TSLA shares.

What we need is a fund like the above but buys 50% TSLA and 50% SpaceX, don't rebalance. 0.2% management fee. Make this a simple buy and hold fund, no share landing to the shorts. This would gradually take away shares.

At what point will SpaceX have printed enough money with Starlink to be able to buy Tesla?

IMHO there are only a few players for buying Tesla moving forward. Others that once seemed possible (like the fruit company...don’t want to wake the grumpy cat..) are quickly being priced out by the skyrocketing valuation.

Purely for entertainment reasons I want to see a new day high right now.

This stock may be the most fascinating ticker to ever tick

As a long, it’s great entertainment. I don’t care about the lumps and bumps (apart from accumulating opportunities) but unlike most set-it-and-forget-it investments, this one is so much fun.

At what point will SpaceX have printed enough money with Starlink to be able to buy Tesla?

IMHO there are only a few players for buying Tesla moving forward. Others that once seemed possible (like the fruit company...don’t want to wake the grumpy cat..) are quickly being priced out by the skyrocketing valuation.

Why do people keep talking about Tesla being bought out? Elon's not selling. Especially not to the fruit company. It never made even as much sense as fruitcake.

Why do people keep talking about Tesla being bought out? Elon's not selling. Especially not to the fruit company. It never made even as much sense as fruitcake.

Because for extremely bullish longs who are confident in the mission, Elon, and Tesla’s execution, the primary risk becomes profits being taken off the table too soon.

We know Tesla/Elon doesn’t enjoy dealing with the distraction of the markets - if Elon could take Tesla private himself/via SpaceX, why wouldn’t he?

Yes, whoever knew that "buy and hold" investing was so time-consuming! o_O
I used to spend so much time changing the timescale on the price charts to check various high and lows in the past. Now I just use daily and occasionally the five day scale. Longer seems unnecessary. Saves me so much time.

Epiphany! Yes, so I'm a slowponderer. Is that maybe why a banana was blue-taped to the rear panel of the Cybertruck? To prove Tesla is beyond fruit? (BYOF?) Really getting excited about Plant-a-Seed-Day! :D
Stole this pic recently, maybe from here. :oops:
EMKx8PtU4AA1Upa.jpg