Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So in that circumstance, partially recharge overnight, then head toward a Supercharger station and eat breakfast at a nearby restaurant. :cool:
Most likely you wouldn't bother unless you really needed the range for that leg of the trip. Also the majority of Superchargers aren't really anywhere near breakfast locations. Many are near restaurants, but most of those don't open until lunch.

Having a good time: Today alone, I'm up more than my yearly salary. :D

Don't stop me now!
Cause I'm having a good time, having a good time...
Like a tiger defying the laws of gravity...
I'm a racing car, passing by like Lady Godiva...
Yeah, I'm a rocket ship on my way to Mars...

Don't stop me now, I'm having such a good time
I'm having a ball
Don't stop me now...

Last edited:
It dawned on me this morning that I paid a few hundred bucks to rent a Model X on Turo for a long weekend about two years ago, and it was only afterward that I truly gained the conviction to buy into the stock (which I did five months later). Renting that car might have been the best financial decision I ever made. :p

The price has gone up about $116/share since that time, and a couple hundred bucks could've bought you 2/3 of a share at that time.

Just think...if you were REALLY a financial genius, you would've looked at the car for free, bought TSLA, and invested that $200 into TSLA as well. That would have earned you an extra $65!

I would love to see all the popular shorts in an interview these days attempting to explain what happened to the SP, that would be the icing on the cake ... Jim at least is lucky that he has a wife and daughter smarter then him and not in his bubble. He woke up right in time.

How anybody could trust the "logic" of those bears does escape me.

Truly hope that people now realize you better don't trust this guys.

Anyway these are IMO all small players and something larger is happening I believe like some of the big guys positioning for Tesla being included in 2020/21 in the S&P.

I really disagree with that part. He ain't stupid. He did know well about every lie he said. It was just 'fashionable' to say crap about tsla so he just went the flow when everyone was doing it. He must have known what was going to change and how - it was not that hard to predict that the FUD would not last forever. He just admitted it early enough. Now he can safely ride on the new train - "Tesla is great and Elon can dance naked."

He has been a liar and a snake. He did not wake up, he always knew. He says anything which keeps his airtime going.

That's funny but a company's market cap is more of a prediction of how large it will become in the future.

Yeah, but the question is "when?" Even if the stock does produce a profit matching the current market cap, if it takes 20 years for that to happen, and the "intrinsic" worth of the company matches the stock price, is it worth waiting that long?

I had stock in a company I worked for. I knew the company would eventually be bought up by a large defense company. But the CEO liked his job and it took some dozen years for the big investors to boot him out to eventually allow a merger to take place and I got my ~100% profit. I calculated it was the same as 5% compound interest. lol

As can happen with emotion driven stocks, the recent string of good news is pushing the stock up irrationally just as the nearly all negative news of early 2019 pushed the stock down so hard, also irrational... well sort of.

Look at it this way. You're sport-fishing and hook a huge Blue Marlin. Your fishing line is probably too light for such a huge fish. But you really want to land it, it's the biggest fish you've ever hooked. So you set the drag of your real to an appropriate level for the light line. When the fish puts up a fight you let him run. Even if it's a hundred yards at a time. The fish is much bigger than you and your skinny little fishing line. If you don't want him to get away from you you have to let him run, even if it's the wrong direction. If you fight him, you risk breaking the line and then you will never land the big fish. But with patience, and a soft touch, you can eventually reel him in. You will simply never land a huge fish if you fight it. ;)
World record for 4 lbs test line is a 573 lbs marlin. It can be done:
https://www.marlinmag.com/blue-marlin-record-mens-4-pound-test-line/

That's why the current price is not sustainable.

What are you waiting for? Sell. I’m certainly not going to tell you otherwise, I’m still sitting on my shares from 2012 and not selling now. I got 7 islands, 2 yachts, a CYBRTRCK and Roadster to buy. Also now 7 drag strips to build.

At least @Lycanthrope is building my walls for me.

Added Jan 22 600 Calls Today, Sold Jan 21 350's (bought for $19 $)

The only Options I did not close/rebalance from Jan 20 was 460 Covered Calls which I had sold for $1.80, they are @ $10 now. :(
I will let this run it's course .. sell Put's to recover the Stocks or sell Covered Calls for June to get the $ to close it next Fri.

BTW:
View attachment 497262

~ Cheers!!

I gave up (realized I might be busy next week). Rolled the covered calls to June 650's.
Who ever made $19 from the Jan 17th 460 calls they bought for $1.80 ...congrats.

I really disagree with that part. He ain't stupid. He did know well about every lie he said. It was just 'fashionable' to say crap about tsla so he just went the flow when everyone was doing it. He must have known what was going to change and how - it was not that hard to predict that the FUD would not last forever. He just admitted it early enough. Now he can safely ride on the new train - "Tesla is great and Elon can dance naked."

He has been a liar and a snake. He did not wake up, he always knew. He says anything which keeps his airtime going.

Is he like Limbaugh with a disclaimer on the web site saying it's not news, just entertainment?

Yeah, but the question is "when?" Even if the stock does produce a profit matching the current market cap, if it takes 20 years for that to happen, and the "intrinsic" worth of the company matches the stock price, is it worth waiting that long?

I had stock in a company I worked for. I knew the company would eventually be bought up by a large defense company. But the CEO liked his job and it took some dozen years for the big investors to boot him out to eventually allow a merger to take place and I got my ~100% profit. I calculated it was the same as 5% compound interest. lol

As can happen with emotion driven stocks, the recent string of good news is pushing the stock up irrationally just as the nearly all negative news of early 2019 pushed the stock down so hard, also irrational... well sort of.

We can't predict what will happen on a narrow short term basis. If you're really that freaked out about FUD, take some money off the table. At least you'll be able to sleep at night. You have to do what's right for you. We can't decide.

I have to ask any old TMC members (old on TMC, not necessarily of age): is this what 2013 felt like? I'm trying to get work done... it's so damn hard to focus on anything other than the unmentionable!
Back in early 2013, Tesla was a very high risk investment, producing one model (MS) at a rate of just over 300 cars....per week.
* You could read all the TMC daily posts in about five to ten minutes, including attachments.
* +-50% of the TMC posts were negative Tesla, why it could not be done.
* A lot of discussion on batteries (this is well before Elon announced GF1). No way Tesla could produce X amount cars as world battery supply is limited.
* TSLA was shooting up like a rocket. Latest action would be lifting like an airplane.
* Very few though TSLA would continue its ascent at its pace (was priced higher than Ford even back then). Unlike today where many are forecasting much higher multiples of current stock price.
* Environment discussion was not nearly what it is today, with Australia burning, India flooding and...
Screen Shot 2020-01-07 at 1.53.03 PM.png

I have no idea where TSLA is headed, however I am 100% certain Tesla is headed higher. Of all the outcomes discussed back in 2013 on TMC, Tesla has has hit the top of expectations and IMHO will continue to do so on an ever increasing scale. The World and our future generations may just now have a fighting chance. Unfortunately there is still no alternative.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-07 at 1.53.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-07 at 1.53.03 PM.png
    258.9 KB · Views: 39