Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
CNBC graphing how much Tesla ought to be in S&P. They showed the top 6 biggest public companies not in the S&P. Tesla was at the top of the list in market cap. They then when into the reasons why the others are far from being able to be included / can't be included.
They also believe it will happen in the next two quarters

Shortville is going nuts about an car fire in an airport garage in Norway or saying how bad they hated Elon's dancing. I haven't seen it yet but they are definitely hoping for some fatalities.

Airport parking structure at Stavanger Airport is burning down. According to the man who discovered the fire it started in an Opel Zafira diesel car. The garage doesn't have sprinkler system and gas tanks keep blowing so the fire department won't go in - just letting it burn down. The fire chief stated that both exploding gas tanks and EV batteries is a challenge.

Internet commentators go berserk like you can imagine.

Some people say that if all the cars were EVs then the fire would spread much slower and perhaps the fire department would have had time to stop it spreading. I have no idea myself. Except I know how fast gas explode when ignited.

Source 1: Public Broadcaster: Biler i full fyr i parkeringshuset på Stavanger lufthavn
Source 2: Norwegian EV Forum: Bilbrann stenger Stavanger Lufthavn Sola

I see patterns everywhere!
Screenshot_20200107-120044~2.png

OK, it sounds like you know exactly how to play this.

It makes me wonder why you were asking for advice in the first place since you're so good at this game. :rolleyes:

Good luck and let us know how it goes.;)

Where did I ask for advice??? I was hoping to discuss the issues involved in evaluating the risk of the stock dropping between now and then.

Like, anyone actually have an idea of the profit to be reported for Q4? That will be a HUGE factor going forward. It doesn't matter how many cars you sell if you lose money on each one.

Where did I ask for advice??? I was hoping to discuss the issues involved in evaluating the risk of the stock dropping between now and then.

Like, anyone actually have an idea of the profit to be reported for Q4? That will be a HUGE factor going forward. It doesn't matter how many cars you sell if you lose money on each one.

your posts just went from suspect to completely ridiculous.

@Curt Renz, your thoughts on where we are in squeeze and margin-call land? Obviously some of that is happening, but I'm not experienced enough looking at a green line traversing up and to the right to know whether we're seeing institutional buying and just some covering, lots of short covering, etc...in your opinion, where are we in the life cycle of a short squeeze?

I would have guessed that large jumps at the start of the day are mostly margin calls, but the steady appreciation during the day seems like institutional buying. Need extra advice, one Tesla fan to another :).

Reactions: ev-enthusiast

Sooooo can we just label this guy as a short and add to the ignore list? Any actual Tesla investor knows Tesla doesn't lose money on every car it sells......and that isn't even remotely close or debatable :rolleyes:

Airport parking structure at Stavanger Airport is burning down. According to the man who discovered the fire it started in an Opel Zafira diesel car. The garage doesn't have sprinkler system and gas tanks keep blowing so the fire department won't go in - just letting it burn down. The fire chief stated that both exploding gas tanks and EV batteries is a challenge.

Internet commentators go berserk like you can imagine.

Some people say that if all the cars were EVs then the fire would spread much slower and perhaps the fire department would have had time to stop it spreading. I have no idea myself. Except I know how fast gas explode when ignited.

Source 1: Public Broadcaster: Biler i full fyr i parkeringshuset på Stavanger lufthavn
Source 2: Norwegian EV Forum: Bilbrann stenger Stavanger Lufthavn Sola

According to an up-to-date report from vg.no no one is hurt in that fire (which is not contained and may destroy the building). A tracked, remote-controlled fire engine is being transported there, flights suspended:
Storbrann i parkeringshus ved flyplass: – Hele bygget kan kollapse

I was promised a short squeeze. How high does this thing need to go before that happens?

Undoubtedly there are shorts covering but there are new shorts piling on because “this stock is way overpriced “. A true squeeze could easily double this stock price.

We’ve been taxiing down the runway for three years and we are just now beginning our ascent.
I won’t consider selling until the in-flight entertainment comes on.