Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Live view of the shorts:
ralph.gif

From a different angle:
pee.jpg

This I find totally baffling - aren't they supposed to skate to where the puck is going, not where it was? Any idiot can update a price target after the event...
Where the puck is going might be the stated goal. But probably the real goal is to cause stock churn so Wall Street can make transaction money.

My IRA... still.

View attachment 499677

Exactly 4 weeks until I'm 59-1/2 (head's up for you day traders).
I haven't owned a boat in 10 yrs and dreaming again. But Cybertruck isn't available yet.
Then realized how much gas boats use... gotta go find (or make) electric then. But what if Cybertruck is amphibious afterall?
Timing is all wrong... what to do!!!
I don't know anything about this company, found with a Google search... SILENT-YACHTS | Driven by Passion . Built with Solar Ingenuity

Still hoping to re-buy your shares under sold price $490?

I don't have the nerve for selling shares anymore.

I have 65% of my shares back bought over previous few trading days...if I buy now the rest of 35% it will be close to a wash for me(maybe sightly down)...not too worried about since I bought all my shares around 200 level....ironic thing is this, I actually was number 1200 on original model s list and I had 2000 shares at 17.00 when i put my original deposit down lol...i sold when Elon announced model S was going to be 70-100K rather than the 40-65K he originally said...damn if elon didn't exaggerate about that low price of original model s Id still have those shares at 17.00!!...:)...woulda shoulda coulda.

I'm not a heavy trader.. what do you think of a 2% trailing stop sell order?
I think it's a terrible idea. There are many examples where the market drops, so Tesla drops for no reason other than the broader market, and your shares are gone when it recovers. (Note: I speak from experience.)

I doubt Tesla will split anytime soon. Look at Amazon, it's share price is almost $2,000/share.

Fundamentally, the Board of Directors is who decides whether or not to split a company's shares. The reason to do so is to allow more small investors to buy shares. It used to be that you'd pay a premium if you didn't buy 100 shares at a time. Now that's no longer an issue. So the incentive to do a stock split is less.

Frankly, both Amazon and Tesla have incentives to NOT do a stock split. Both companies had naysayers banging away at their stock price for years. Having a high stock price is an advertisement of how far and fast the company has grown. It reminds people that this company is now real force, and it's also a bit of a middle finger to all the naysayers.

I personally wouldn't do a stock split right now, for those reasons alone.

People who are not stock savvy will always look at the stock price vs the market cap. Even after explaining market cap/share 3 times to a female friend of mine..she still from time to time tells me how "expense" TSLA shares are and how cheap ford is at only 9 dollars a share. Jay2cent, a well known tech youtuber did an in-depth analysis on AMD the company, and said "wow AMD's stock is almost at Intels!" without bringing up market cap or anything. Also checked comments and not one person corrected him about this out of millions of subscribers.

Telling you, the majority of people has zero clue. So I don't see a split as a bad thing, might as well get clueless people to invest.