Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My IRA... still.

View attachment 499677

Exactly 4 weeks until I'm 59-1/2 (head's up for you day traders).
I haven't owned a boat in 10 yrs and dreaming again. But Cybertruck isn't available yet.
Then realized how much gas boats use... gotta go find (or make) electric then. But what if Cybertruck is amphibious afterall?
Timing is all wrong... what to do!!!
Learn how to sail ....o_O

Thank god the Oppenheimer guy corrected that nonsense CNBC just tried to spew. They had to get in some sort of dig on Tesla and went back to an oldie - "You have to dig up a lot of coal and burn natural gas to make the energy to run those cars....."

Oppenheimer dude shut down that crap super fast by pointing out how coal is rapidly being shut down and replaced by renewable because the cost factor is so much cheaper.

So telling that the CNBC meat puppets actually made fun of him for using big words like “due diligence”.

I liked his explanation that Oppenheimer only revised numbers after:

- “We’ve been doing a lot of work around the materials going into the batteries, and how that expertise flows through the rest of the powertrain”

- “We wanted time do some checks at CES last week and make some calls.”

$385 + battery and powertrain expertise - competition = $612

This is accumulation no? Seems like flat for a couple days, then a big push for several hours and then all quiet again.
When CNBC starts pumping TSLA stock, well, does that make anyone else wonder what is going on? Note that they didn't mention anything that could remotely be considered as fundamental to the company or it's business prospects. Very strange.
I assume it's the bandwagon effect. People like to have their own thoughts and biases confirmed. If I jump onto TSLA because it's up, I'm more likely to tune in to hear CNBC talk about how smart I am for buying in.

Last edited:
To anyone considering using the winning to get a Tesla or upgrade to a newer one:

Go ahead and do it in Q1, but, please seriously consider taking a loan for the car instead of paying in full.

Just think about the probability of that money would gain less than the interest rate in TSLA in 5 years.

Don’t be the one who calculates how much your beloved car really costed you after 5yrs.

Not advice, but if you have other income you should consider.

A spokesperson for the ministry confirmed to Calcalist that since autonomous driving has not been approved in Israel, the ministry asked the company to make sure its customers are aware of the limitation.

Seems like Tesla is waiting approval and has to tell their customers not to use AP until further notice.

This media report is nothing but FUD.

Pretty much all countries forbids autonomous driving. Not only in Israel does the driver have full responsibility, the obligation to remain alert and in control of their vehicle.

I have a bar in the Caribbean I want to buy in 2026 or so. I'll likely sell then if we're 10x from here.

Tesla Energy should have taken over the world by 2025.
Which island? We go scuba diving @GC, Little, Cozumel, Roatan, Curaçao, etc. Would love to stop in for a Rum Runner (unless you plan on Scrooging like Krugerrand...).

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Always good to hear Tasha and Julia

Julia Chatterley on Twitter

Tasha.JPG

I would think long and hard before using my capital gains to buy a Tesla....

I find this very distressing. All of my assets, every new car or truck I've ever purchased, every house (except for the first one), every new motorcycle, all my clothing, everything I eat and drink, were all purchased with over 99% with capital gains. I'm sure there's a little earned income still in the mix, but how do you distinguish which is which?

For those of you still working, I agree with this advice. By the Cybertruck with your earned income. Everything else, the mortgage, food and drink, clothing, vacations, and utilities use the capital gains. :rolleyes:

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger