Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
People who are not stock savvy will always look at the stock price vs the market cap. Even after explaining market cap/share 3 times to a female friend of mine..she still from time to time tells me how "expense" TSLA shares are and how cheap ford is at only 9 dollars a share. Jay2cent, a well known tech youtuber did an in-depth analysis on AMD the company, and said "wow AMD's stock is almost at Intels!" without bringing up market cap or anything. Also checked comments and not one person corrected him about this out of millions of subscribers.

Telling you, the majority of people has zero clue. So I don't see a split as a bad thing, might as well get clueless people to invest.

I see a stock split as a sign of confidence and strength by the company. Should be over $1000/share when it is split - I think the press on such a move would be positive.

Some are calling this a bubble - but to me that implies vapor ware or speculation scarcely tethered to reality or grounded in actual products. A couple of bubbles that I’ve witnessed are a stem cell medical treatment company - that never successfully treated any malady, and Molycorp - a rare earth element mine and processor that was under development in CA. during a trade war with China that caused skyrocketing REE prices for a year. REE prices crashed due to demand destruction before Molycorp became profitable, their stock fell 100 fold and they went bankrupt.

Unlike those examples, Tesla is executing and has a very solid track record of market share and revenue growth. This stock rise has more to do with Tesla turning the corner from emerging to dominating - with superior products, enthusiastic customers, and failing competition. With a $90B valuation, this is not the action of retail investors. These are big boys and girls who see the value in a winner and won’t be phased by tens of percent runs in price as they accumulate.

oops I’m starting to ramble. Hows the stock looking today?

What's amazing is that based on latest short interest, the short burn of the century hasn't even really started up its fury yet.

Let's toss the shorts a bone from 2019 MAY 22 when TSLA closed at $192.73, so they can smile about when they cashed in by covering. After all, they are fellow human beings who share with us high hopes for the future. ;)

To anyone considering using the winning to get a Tesla or upgrade to a newer one:

Go ahead and do it in Q1, but, please seriously consider taking a loan for the car instead of paying in full.

Just think about the probability of that money would gain less than the interest rate in TSLA in 5 years.

Don’t be the one who calculates how much your beloved car really costed you after 5yrs.

Not advice, but if you have other income you should consider.
Okay, so I had to do it. Turns out my January 2013 Model S purchase cost me about $1.57M in what the stock would be worth today.

There's a wake up call. Don't have the stomach to do the calculation for the Roadster, Model X, Replacement Model S, Power Walls, Model 3, 2020 Roadster or CyberTruck.

What's amazing is that based on latest short interest, the short burn of the century hasn't even really started up its fury yet.

Of course, we can't see the short interest in the last few weeks. But based on the chart action today, I agree, they are still covering. How many are left, remains to be seen. I hope it's a lot. More than that. I hope it's a sugar-ton. Because unlike a lot of people who seem to have a dim view of "transferring the wealth", in this case, I think "transferring the wealth" is a jolly good idea whose time has come! :D

The title is not click bait, it’s boarder line security fraud.
The article only talked about not allow customer to use “autonomous driving” features(yet), aka FSD in my opinion, while autopilot is driving aid not autonomous.
Unless someone else can point proof that autopilot is indeed banned, I am going to ignore this.

I had been investing my small nut in swing trades, not willing to stay in too long, for fear of a repeat of earnings last year. I was in at 230 and felt silly for not taking a small loss as the stock went down to 180.

So once I got back to profit, I decided to start a less risky approach even if it didnt result in as much profit. I kept looking for a small 1-2% swing, and would jump in and out over a couple days. If only I had bought and held lol but I am not unhappy with my choice. I made a nice 30% swing trading, but left alot on the table in exchange for my money being safe.

Seeing the advice given here I can see how the buy and hold strategy would have netted better returns, but with only my small nut I couldn't afford to lose much or use leverage. Now I find myself transitioning to more of a buy and hold strategy, but sometimes struggle with rage selling, when the stock drops $10 through some manipulation or market sentiment I want my cash and get out. I need to remember, now that my assets have grown significantly, I feel like I could take some loss, so my tolerance for risk is increasing.

Amazing to me that this stock seems to have a lot of momentum still at $519.20. I wonder what earnings will bring? Would love to be in when a short squeeze hits, so have decided I will probably hold through earnings, despite how badly that went last year...

Okay, so I had to do it. Turns out my January 2013 Model S purchase cost me about $1.57M in what the stock would be worth today.

There's a wake up call. Don't have the stomach to do the calculation for the Roadster, Model X, Replacement Model S, Power Walls, Model 3, 2020 Roadster or CyberTruck.

Well, if we're going back to 2013, you're also talking about $400 hamburgers, and $30 candy bars... :D;)

first world Tesla problems.