Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How could somebody rate this quote as "helpful".

I read through the post multiple times trying to find the link to 30 pages worth of flat Earth sites but never found one.
I rated it "helpful" because I thought it might provide helpful background color about paid chimps to some.

The post wasn’t new information for me and, so, "informative" wasn’t right. While I agree with it and could have gone with a "like," I wanted to express more than that.

As for the 30 pages of blather on a flat earth, I’ve little doubt there’s plenty of such blather about in the world.

The general point that the volume of blather around an idea has little bearing on the veracity of the idea is also quite true. Certainly that is a helpful point to learn and remember.

Haha. No, I haven't gone insane. I was quoting the post of mine which the member "JustSaying" disagreed with. And was wondering what he disagreed with. Not that it really matters, just curious.
Just FYI if you are addressing another member and you are not replying to their post, you should put an @ in front of their name so they see it... @EVMeister

I bet $1 against myself that we might close green today? Or we go back to 520 tomorrow. If so, Hope Janus Would not loose his creditability. Who else will listen to him? ;)
There will always be people who will listen to analcysts like him, especially for the next two weeks. I believe we'll see a jump to 600 or more post financials, followed by fluctuations until the end of the 1st quarter when p/d is announced, which should be much improved over last year. The two things that may change that are the early production of Y's and/or Battery Day.

Frankly I'm a holding kind of guy and I think at this point 1,000 is a given by the end of the year, basically because the positives far outweigh any negatives (and everyone stop talking about something happening to Elon NOW). Unless I really have to, I'm staying put and not worrying about sugar from AJ and his ilk.

i'm not going to respond to any replies to my post (nor have i read any of them). Suffice it to say, Adam Jonas (who has historically been a bull on the name) provides 30 pages of justification as to why he decided to downgrade the stock. I've read it all, and it sounds reasonable.

If you would like some context, feel free to msg me.
Adam? Is that you?

I don't think he's an idiot, he's doing what he's asked to do, which is manipulate the share price. And whether we like or not, what he writes - however ridiculous it is - does shift the stock, usually down, at least for a few hours or so.

As said by several today, the whole market is rigged in Wall Street's favour. Shame their's no oversight of US markets by some kind of government agency, because there's a lot of low-hanging fruit they could pick here - it's obvious to us, for a regulator with access to the data it would be a simple matter to prove it.
Agreed. If Jonas's goal was to give his colleagues at Morgan Stanley a lower entry price this morning, he succeeded.

Well, that turned out to be a much better day than I anticipated during pre-market this morning!

AJ's worst/best/whatever, didn't even stop us 1% in the end :D

I expect more machinations tomorrow form the MM's, but this was quite a show of strength!
yep! The shorty shorts are going to have to work a lot harder to meet my price points :eek:

Driving the price down <$200 made it worth while to go all-in on $TSLA, this piddly price action not so much.

I look forward to the continued donations by the shorts to the longs :D

They are betting on a full market collapse, more trouble with China. Basically anything that is out of the control of the companies themselves.
Just idiots making dangerous bets

You have to admit TSLA is a stock that you can make money on either by betting it goes up or by betting it goes down. Like in many aspects of life it's all in the timing. I sold my shares that were into long term capital gains. Got $520 for them. I bet I can buy them back cheaper at some point. I mean significantly cheaper. Don't know what the quarter financials will show, but the stock is very inflated and anything remotely like bad news will make it drop a bunch. Then I'll get back in and wait for the next good news. :)

On CNBC a few minutes ago, the talking dipstick seemed genuinely perturbed that TSLA didn't lose more today. Only down -5.17.

To be fair, at least Phil Lebeau pointed out that the California Registration data was not a big deal and should be ignored, stressing Tesla sells every car it can make and that deliveries in different territories can be lumpy from quarter to quarter.

Maybe things are different in Europe, but in the US every site you go to could be a different price even though they are in the same state, and billed by kWh, and just ~100 miles away from each other. The web site only shows a single price for the entire country, but prices vary regionally a lot. (Some people think that V3 sites are priced slightly higher than V2 sites, but that isn't the only factor.)
I tried to check if it’s the same in my Model S but it only shows the idle fees per supercharger,, probably because I have free supercharging. I’ll check on my wife’s Model 3 when she’s back home.

• Helpful
Reactions: Lessmog
(Sorry, it amazes me how bulls consistently forget this incredibly massive growth market. The world is going to spend 50 trillion dollars over the next 15 years on new generation/grid infrastructure. Tesla is inserting itself solidly into the middle of this.)
And the EU just announced 1 T Euro plan for the transition to renewables three days ago.

EU sets out trillion euro plan to avert 'climate crash'

Guess you gotta ask Elon for input on this ;). Site seems busy, last I heard (maybe a week ago) that the cheap price for the land was put in question. But now it seems the Brandenburg governent is expecting Elon to sign, wouldn´t make sense if they had in fact raised the price. Rest of short article is criticism towards Tesla about lack public information about factory but ends with saying Tesla is now planning to open an info center in Grünheide opened two days a week, so that was taken care of. No idea why Elon isn´t signing yet but otherwise everything is going its way so no big deal IMHO. Sounded also like Tesla had good communications with the environmental organisations.

Wow, 88 cents? Must be a lot of tax in there? Or they're trying to get a ludicrous ROI from infrastructure? Ya, stupid move for them, makes that table of "Overall Cost of Ownership" with Tesla look great!

For comparison, I'm charging at home rates best in the country... $0.0575/kWh (SRP in Az). There is a monthly $23 fee for having a service, but still. (I think they expect me to give power back... so far not happening with PWs.)
The problem with ev networks at the moment is utilisation rate. Most non Tesla networks have a rate of sub 10%.

Very difficult to pay for infrastructure when it is used so infrequently

You have to admit TSLA is a stock that you can make money on either by betting it goes up or by betting it goes down. Like in many aspects of life it's all in the timing. I sold my shares that were into long term capital gains. Got $520 for them. I bet I can buy them back cheaper at some point. I mean significantly cheaper. Don't know what the quarter financials will show, but the stock is very inflated and anything remotely like bad news will make it drop a bunch. Then I'll get back in and wait for the next good news. :)
I’ll never argue with anyone about what’s best for them. The vocal Tesla shorts had a great opportunity to make a profit back in the spring, but they were the ones desperate for bankruptcy and paid the price.

As long as the shorts are involved any number is possible going forward. Earnings beat plus short covering would be deadly and “inflate” it more. If that momentum rolls into S&P inclusion then it’s an avalanche. But yea one miss and we go back a bit! But shorts are doubling our ability to move the stock vertically.