Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I sincerely hope this isn't me jumping to conclusions, but all of the individual S+X pages for inventory new cars and CPO cars over on the Tesla web site are... blank. This happened some time this morning as I was looking last night and things worked ok. Chrome and Edge browsers on my PC, and on my Android phone.

Model 3+Y are working much better... normally, even.

It's as if they are preparing some sort of changes to the S+X web pages.

You're jumping to conclusions!

First, if they were preparing some sort of changes to the S+X pages, why would the pages for the cars that already exist need to change?

Second, Hanlon's Razor definitely applies here: "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

Third, If you look at the code in any browser inspector, there's a javascript error preventing the pages from rendering correctly. (see screenshot below).

upload_2020-1-29_12-21-28.png

Finally, whoever pushed the change to production without testing it first, corrected their error, as the pages are now properly loading (the developer was captured in the image below).
r_648327_iGEVk.jpg

Last edited:
Today's rise:
Exuberance around the large number of earnings beats? People flush with cash from Apple etc. looking for more wins? Somebody knows something? Gains we would have seen last week but for the virus concerns and are coming back because it's looking like it's not a huge deal?

An imminent Model Y delivery date would add lots of fire, and surely a date for feature complete FSD would do the same.

Here is the thing that makes me shake my head:

If the SP drops today I bunker down and wait for fundamentals to set things right
If the SP jumps today the shorts are looking at a squeeze and being wiped out. There will be no tomorrow.

I just don't understand taking on that kind of risk/reward
They got high on their own supply. I keep an eye on them and today the narrative is that Tesla is crazy for building a Euro factory because only 8k cars have sold in Europe this year or something. They still believe that there is no demand for Tesla vehicles and that Q1 will be another disaster. On top of that they still harp on the idea that this is all some big fraud, accounting fraud, warranty fraud (claiming that huge amounts of repairs were tagged as good will) etc. That one is especially crazy because if Elon is a fraud, wouldn't he have cashed out when SP hit nearly $600? Does a fraud spend so much energy on other companies?

It's just a bonus that they are celebrating every bit of bad news about the Coronavirus. Hoping for more death and misery because it might hurt a company they don't like. Really awful.

Guys I thought the consensus was to HODL, not to CHARGE! :mad:
We don't just want to win. We want to brake them. Salt the earth so bad that nobody will ever short Tesla again. ;)

It would be nice for Elon to push forward a potential real COO for Tesla more clearly in this earnings release and investor call. Today is TSLA earnings PLUS a spacex launch. Thats a crazy amount of multi-tasking for any CEO. I'd be happier as an investor to know that they were gradually getting more comfortable with putting forward other names to talk about the country other than Elon. He has to drive the companies vision, he doesn't have to micromanage the details.

A year or so from now it's not impossible that we might see a Starlink launch in the morning, a Grand Opening in Las Vegas of the first real Boring Company project early afternoon, topped off by a earnings report and call. Elon will need a faster private jet to beat thatTrifecta! Perhaps a few on here will be following along in their own to attend all three. :D

I sincerely hope this isn't me jumping to conclusions, but all of the individual S+X pages for inventory new cars and CPO cars over on the Tesla web site are... blank. This happened some time this morning as I was looking last night and things worked ok. Chrome and Edge browsers on my PC, and on my Android phone.

Model 3+Y are working much better... normally, even.

:eek: Wait, what? There is a Model Y inventory page? :eek:

While waiting for the ER, I came across this Motortrend article about Ford's agreement with Rivian to produce the first pure EV Lincoln SUV. It is illustrative of the challenges - pointed out frequently by forum members - that traditional automakers face in the BEV transition. What left my mouth slightly agape was this explanation of the respective contributions of Ford and Rivian under their agreement (perhaps not news to others here):

Under the agreement, Rivian's chassis provides a full electric powertrain with battery pack, electric motors, suspension, axles, and other key components. Ford will design the entire "top hat"—or body and cabin—of the vehicle, but must ensure the electronic control unit, infotainment systems, and other electronics can play nice with Rivian's electrical architecture.
So the main value-add that Ford doesn't relinquish to Rivian looks to be software? But only software for the components in the "top hat". At least their sterling reputation as a nimble and innovative software powerhouse augurs success here...

This situation brings to mind the late Roman Empire as new enemies challenged imperial authority all along her periphery. Instead of responding with vigor and alacrity, the leadership in Rome decided to supplant tangible authority with abstract control by signing treaties with local warlords who agreed to defend territory from the barbarians in the name of Rome and under her nominal control. By following this policy of minimizing short-term pain, the Empire soon signed itself out of existence.

Not sure where Tesla fits in this analogy - maybe the Huns? And I suppose the Empire kept on trucking for a while longer in the East in the form of the Byzantines (maybe they're VW?).

Anyhow, antiquity aside, I can't believe how blindly these traditional OEMs seem to be marching to their own irrelevance.

Last edited:
Here is the thing that makes me shake my head:

If the SP drops today I bunker down and wait for fundamentals to set things right
If the SP jumps today the shorts are looking at a squeeze and being wiped out. There will be no tomorrow.

I just don't understand taking on that kind of risk/reward
The retail shorts firmly believe Tesla is all a fraud, a scam and about to be revealed that all those factories are potemkin villages. They really believe their delusions and are gambling their entire assets thinking they are going to make a killing off of our complete humiliation. :rolleyes:

Edit: BTW they are NutF@%&ing lunatics! Tesla go Bragh

Last edited:
However, when I look outside of TMC, the sentiment goes too far, into contrarian indicator territory!
E.g. whats up with WSJ and Bloomberg publishing positive articles about TSLA ?
Not only Jim Cramer flipped to bull, but even Bob Lutz making positive comment about Tesla & Musk on CNBC.
Feels like something is broken in the world, we entered the twilight zone.

My gut feeling is that something is wrong.

No, those things are necessary and to be expected if TSLA's going to the Moon (or Mars). The fact that there are so many media people and analysts still uncapitulated means we are still at the beginning or middle of TSLA's great rise from the ashes.

While waiting for the ER, I came across this Motortrend article about Ford's agreement with Rivian to produce the first pure EV Lincoln SUV. It is illustrative of the challenges - pointed out frequently by forum members - that traditional automakers face in the BEV transition. What left my mouth slightly agape was this explanation of the respective contributions of Ford and Rivian under their agreement (perhaps not news to others here):

Under the agreement, Rivian's chassis provides a full electric powertrain with battery pack, electric motors, suspension, axles, and other key components. Ford will design the entire "top hat"—or body and cabin—of the vehicle, but must ensure the electronic control unit, infotainment systems, and other electronics can play nice with Rivian's electrical architecture.
So the main value-add that Ford doesn't relinquish to Rivian looks to be software? But only software for the components in the "top hat". At least their sterling reputation as a nimble and innovative software powerhouse augurs success here...
Instead of "Body by Fisher", it will be "Body by Ford".