Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am torn. I like the price shooting up like it is and if the Macros cooperate the price will rise bigly tomorrow too BUT.... If the macros are down..... oh. my! See there are going to be some margin calls tomorrow and if these shorts have other assets that are rising while their TSLA short is sinking they can ride that train with little or no margin call. IF things dive tomorrow TSLA (IMO) is still going up with this ER. That means shorts are hit in the face twice. They will have to cover their disastrous TSLA short AND they will have to cover their margin calls on the things they went long on.

It's just going to be a win, win day tomorrow.... well until April that is. On battery day we will see Eon launch a rocket off of a rocket. Kinda of like the Dragon Crew abort test.

Hilarious how Elon's pretty much openly saying if you want to know the specs/numbers of our next-gen batteries and battery processes...…..follow the retail investors.

Seems like the only real negative to come out of this earnings and conf call is that there is a bit of a doubt about Q1 profitability. But now that Tesla is lowballing estimates so much, who know's if they're actually sandbagging that guidance as well.

But did they give Q1 guidance? I mean real numbers?

Congrats longs! Not sure what to say more. The thing is, even 649 seems a good entry point now!

also any idea what particularly Elon indicated on retail analysts solving the battery puzzle?

Maxwell's dry electrode technology will reduce cell costs and increase cell longevity, increase energy and power density. Tesla will probably be announcing that they are making their own cells at some point.

No they didn't given any guidance. Considering they didn't say Model 3 Fremont production was going to be interrupted by Model Y and even with Giga 3 down for an additional week, I still can't imagine production/delivery numbers being much lower than Q4, or even lower at all. I mean there's seasonality, but the current delivery times for all major markets indicates most of Q1 production will be spoken for very soon.

I think they gave nothing, other than to say "we'll be profitable with the possible exception of during production ramps. And we're currently ramping two products (Y and MIC 3)." Did they maybe also mention seasonality at one point? There was certainly no positive guidance on Q1...

They also said nothing about time frames or locations of additional factories (though I think they did acknowledge at one point that they'll need some), and nothing about where the CyberTruck will be built...

So there were some omissions.

lol: last question from retail side was brilliant (why aren't all questions from the retail side since they know more about Tesla than the Analysts).

Yeah, but the questions this time weren't the best. And they try to jam multiple questions into one. I think say.com is going to have to moderate the questions and limit each entry to one question and one follow-up.

Some of the questions posted were way out there...

Did I hear wrong or did Elon suggest Plaid comes out at end of year on this call?

Yep. The downside is that will surely delay S and X sales again this year as people wait. The good news is Tesla will have alien tech available fairly soon.

2021 thus will likely be the year of a strong revival in S+X. Wonder if it can get to 100k again.

No they didn't given any guidance. Considering they didn't say Model 3 Fremont production was going to be interrupted by Model Y and even with Giga 3 down for an additional week, I still can't imagine production/delivery numbers being much lower than Q4, or even lower at all. I mean there's seasonality, but the current delivery times for all major markets indicates most of Q1 production will be spoken for very soon.

And to clarify that 19Q3 they said Model 3 was at a run rate of 350k/year. For 19Q4 they say Model 3&Y combined are at a run rate of 400k/year. Does that mean ~350k Model 3 and ~50k Model Y? Or some other combination of the two?

Maybe it is 375k Model 3 and 25k Model Y... (If they aren't starting deliveries until March the run rate can't be too high as they would have nowhere to stash more than a months worth of production.)