Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The good news keeps on coming. Even Panasonic is getting some love thanks to Tesla.

Recent news
Tesla’s biggest bull stampedes to a $7,000 price target
MarketWatch · 2 hours ago
Panasonic posts first quarterly profit in U.S. battery business with Tesla
YAHOO! · 5 hours ago
Tesla Signs Battery Supply Agreement With China's CATL
Nasdaq · 4 hours ago
Panasonic posts higher profit on cost cuts, improved battery business with Tesla
Nasdaq · 8 hours ago
CATL Confirms Battery Supply Agreement With Tesla In China
YAHOO! · 9 hours ago

Hah...well...had a sell order in for my Jan 2021 $650 Calls at $140, upped that to $165 last week. Saw the price action this morning and tried to up the target via mobile but it wanted password confirmation and couldn't remember so figured I'd fix it when I got to the office. 5 minutes later get to my desk and they're gone! :eek:

Oh well, investment: $1k, gain: $148.5k...no longer having to worry about when to sell...priceless?
Damn man, nice work!

I just freed up a few $$'s and want to buy another Call option contract. Not asking for an advice, of course... But I'd like to humbly ask our knowing elders...

If you were gong to buy another option contract right now, which expiration and strike price would you consider a pretty girl at the party?

???

Thanks in advance. I'm still trying learning and have a ways to go.

We need to open a thread for TSLA trading for noobs so the big guys here can give us some tips. I am sitting in some cash since the stock hit $400 and I just watched the stock fly by :oops:

No short squeeze, that'll look different.

I'm not hear about short covering in size occurring on the street - looks like long buying is driving up [URL='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Tesla?src=hashtag_click']#Tesla
's stock price and not $TSLA short covering.[/URL]
Quote Tweet

default_profile_normal.png

Dmitriy
Replying to @ihors3
@ihors3 - do you see today's price action driven by a short squeeze/covering?

What do the smart folks think about options right now? They seem crazy expensive, but I keep saying that and I keep making really good money on them.
We need to open a thread for TSLA trading for noobs so the big guys here can give us some tips. I am sitting in some cash since the stock hit $400 and I just watched the stock fly by :oops:
Not a big guy, but the lesson Tesla has taught me is:

1. If price < X buy TSLA.
2. If price > X buy TSLA.
3. Sell TSLA when (error null value)

Watching CNBC blather on for many many minutes about Superbowl ads and Bezos defamation lawsuits with KARA SWISHER who has interviewed Elon/discussed Tesla dozens of times.

You'd think they would have an opportunity to drop in a mention TSLA up 11% to an all-time-high of $731 and market cap of $130B+. But NO MENTION OF TESLA.

I'm surprised Kara doesn't bring it up. "How come you don't talk about Tesla more?" They would have a 24-pack of eggs on their faces

I wonder if the smart money is anticipating inevitable S&P 500 inclusion and getting in before the stampede
My thought process is that even if we have a decent dip due to Q1, Q2/3 will slam the SP back up with more good news and S&P inclusion. I'm still more afraid of missing big jumps than buying some shares at say 700 and seeing it drop to 600 temporarily.