Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is roughly what's going to happen, but take a tip from an SCTY investor......it's not that easy just because it pencils out physically and economically. Was looking at the AMZN chart this morning and I think TSLA ends up roughly the same way.

There was a widely held opinion here this past summer that TSLA was parallel to AMZN in 2015, and I think that holds. The world is not ready for the end of oil. Emotionally, intellectually, and certainly geopolitically. This transition won't be happening just because it's the only thing that makes sense. Aaaallllllll that vested interest must be overcome, and it's a lot. Literally most of the wealth faucet in today's world gets destroyed in your picture above.

Tesla is the only real carmaker in the world right now and the market has started to accept that. Getting to $200B in market cap on this automotive reality is achievable, but Elon could be 90% done building the necessary Gigafactories to power the world and popular sentiment would still be hesitant. That's just how we are.

2-3 more years til the Energy reality sets in. That's when we can look back at this as "just the beginning".

Concur with ur comments, not sayin “it’s just that easy” more like “here’s one of the scenarios, don’t get wrapped up in recent pricing action”. This is as Elon said, “incredibly difficult”

I feel your SCTY experience.:confused:

Cheers!

Fire Away!
(It’s the batteries, Stupid!)

I must confess I started trading TSLA because I really wanted to buy a used Porsche Cayman....then I saw how incredible Tesla, and I decided my goal was to buy a model 3. Perhaps in a few years I thought (this was in November)....now I am in roadster2 territory and I am really confused......

Get used to it. You'll feel confused everytime you floor your Roadster 2. :eek:

So is a short squeeze expected to top out and then drop again? Not sure how this story ends (in the near-term, not long-term).

Take my comments with a grain of salt as I am far from an expert, but typically -- if this is a squeeze -- they are characterized by violent price increases followed by reversals. Where the top and bottom would be, no one knows for sure...I would be surprised if it went back below $650 though.

513F6E8A-0A82-4FA1-AD99-C5A0D22D7257.gif