Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why do you say GM gave up on the Bolt? They gave it a bigger battery and increased the range for 2020 to 259 miles, which is respectable.

That is good it is what I was hoping they would do....

The Bolt seemed to drop of the radar for most 2018-2019, I am not sure what the issue was, but I hope they stick with it and can turn it around...

Model 3 is a better car, but the Bolt will suit some buyers...

Just be clear it is important all other car makers stick with their EV programs, if they want to remain relevant...
Selling a mix of ICEs and EVs is hard, but they need to keep trying...

So I'll withdraw my comment, I'm not sure why the Bolt seemed to be in quicksand 2018-2019, but perhaps it was not GM's fault.

Reactions: scaesare
Does anyone else think any of this $764 billion inherited by Americans this year will find it's way into TSLA?

Americans will inherit $764 billion this year, mostly tax-free

I'm not as bullish as those thinking we will be trading at $1500-$2000 by the end of the year (although I do think we might touch those levels before correcting lower). I would be happy closing the year out at $800-$1000, anything better than that would just be a bonus for being in the hottest stock of 2020!
{Raises hand} It's a very, very, small fraction of that number but I put a decent chunk of my inheritance in TSLA at the early part of this rise. But I was already in with my own money and very familiar with Tesla to begin with. So I don't think I'd be considered typical of that group. My guess is that maybe a fraction of 1% would even consider an investment in Tesla. Especially now at an ATH. Most outsiders think they already missed out.

Reactions: shrspeedblade
In other news I happy to report I received my Cybtrk shattered glass t-shirt today as we reached the ATH ....please do your part and get your self a shirt with your new found wealth ....
View attachment 507647

Done. Thanks for the nudge. Been looking at these but always talked myself out of it because I don't NEED one at all and then they were sold out for a bit. :cool:

Reactions: 2virgule5
I watched it twice. Still figuring out what they are trying to say
Stonk goes up, must come down.
7d89f6534899354e39936e398111ab23e3ec5cd372a05d45d99b2af49204cb39.jpg

Does everyone have their orders in for 1 share at $840?

Looking at the VW squeeze is informative.

View attachment 507429
This graph, as demonstration of what to possibly expect from short squeeze, really bothers me. This is the last thing I want to see for TSLA. Basically impossible to catch the top and quickly back to where you started within a week?. I don’t like this prognosis.

Hey, a lot of you guys made some real money lately. I see lots of you regulars are not Supporting Members to TMC! Come on guys, step up to the plate already!

:D:D:D

Considering my new found monetary wealth is entirely due to this excellent forum, I am now subscribed as a supporting member of TMC. It’s my way of saying a heart felt thanks to the folks on this site.
Getting a red badge next to my name is just added bonus.

:D:D:D

Ha!
Beat you to it. Became a supporting member this afternoon!

Home improvements. I think I'll be turning 20 feet of French doors into fancy sliders. Rebuilding a deck. Landscaping the back yard.
Thanks mejojo, I've done something similar, like getting the house painted. But what I was interested in is people who have bought Teslas with their gains from TSLA. I'm pretty sure that applies to many posters here...

This graph, as demonstration of what to possibly expect from short squeeze, really bothers me. This is the last thing I want to see for TSLA. Basically impossible to catch the top and quickly back to where you started within a week?. I don’t like this prognosis.

You have to understand that this is NOT a short squeeze. Elons 420 remark can possibly cause a short squeeze in which shorts are required to cover if taking private was a done deal. The VW squeeze was caused by something like that in which shorts were required to cover with low volume shares being on the market to be bought back.

Currently Tesla rallied 20% on no news. This means short were not obligated to cover. All the shorts didn't wake up today and decided today was the day for the mass closure of their position.

There must be significant buyers of shares today from huge institution in conjunction with some shorts covering. Vw shares popped 400% in like 3 days with half the short interest. Tesla would need to pop like 700-1000% in the next few days if this was a real squeeze. We are not even close.

Anybody else having difficulty transferring shares out of fidelity. Decided to open second brokerage account when fidelity let me access my account without the two step verification that I started requiring months earlier. I was shocked but they admitted software error and didn’t seem concerned at all so I opened up Schwab account and fidelity is refusing to transfer my shares. I wonder if they were loaning them out even though they deny that. Amount in question—thousands of shares. Oh well next step arbitration for damages related to it
Use ACAT . Fill in ACAT form and submit to your broker Fidelity and to your new broker. Fidelity can easily deflect verbal inquiries/requests, but they can't ignore a formal written ACAT request. Your new broker will fight for you and your shares, and they will give you ACAT form, or you can get it online. IB has done that (fight with another broker and transfer TSLA) for me.

There might be a transfer fee.

Selling shares, transferring cash from account to account, then buying shares in a new account, would trigger capital gains. ACAT transfer does not trigger capital gains.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Ulmo