Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Me when I woke up this morning in California:
neil-degrasse-tyson-reaction.gif

Selling puts incredibly dangerous in this environment in my opinion. 1) you're leaving on the table all the upside. 2) even if it works you're getting hit w short-term sales tax. 3) Most importantly, you're exposing yourself to massive loss, a large multiple of your gain. Do the Math on what happens if the stock tumbles. There's bound to be stunning downward volatility at some point. BE CAREFUL.
A "like" or "love" button doesn't suffice for this: What we are experiencing is unprecedented. I agree about the selling of the puts--------Having been in the business I've seen guys become encumbered for life by selling puts in a bull move like we are having. Many people on this board are not truly aware of the potential consequences of a sharp SP move downward. Please don't do it.

Bear on CNBC was asked if Tesla makes their own battery what happens...he said it won’t matter, there’s only one way to make batteries and they won’t have an advantage and nobody makes money on batteries

THIS is what you are betting against lol I hope he watched battery investor day
Not to mention he just admitted on CNBC that if the bull case/Ron Barons take on TSLA is correct, than the stock price is justified,,, capitulation for breakfast anyone?

Thanks to you both for the explanation. Makes sense now. I'm usually pretty good at maths, but never studied statistics and so I didn't get the terminology! :)
Sheesh, so much hate for my state.

Only place I know where I can live on the lake, solar power my house, and watch falcon heavy boosters land from my back yard without spending a couple of million.
we must be neighbors!

Reactions: rsm287
Just imagine all those people that held off buying a Tesla because of all the "Tesla is going bankrupt" stories. This sentiment change in the market has got to increase the demand even further. Add to that the sea-change in sentiment on oil. Even with nearly a doubling in production capacity during 2020, Tesla won't be able to keep up. The shorts were right about the demand cliff all along.......only the cliff is going vertically upwards!

so, you have no clue about cars and you got lucky with Tesla, I get it. Just like with Tesla, try test driving the Taycan before you speak...
0-60 is not the only parameter to a cars performance! And, they have already raced The Taycan with the Tesla P100D (Performance model) and the Taycan won.

You pick any objective video and the Taycan wins. I still love my Tesla's as well as my TSLA stock, but until, you drive the Taycan, you really should not be commenting. Isn’t this what everyone on the Tesla forum says about Tesla. Don’t short or buy another EV until you at least try a Tesla...then you will speak from experience and know better.

S Plaid out in 6 - 10 months will make your Taycan purchase look dumb.