Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla is the story of the day, those of us who owns Tesla for last 5 years or more knew and recognized opportunity while ago, wall street is just catching up.This lead me to think about Panasonic stock, it’s has been dead money for a long time but time could be ripe for this stock to go up, they just made a profit from operations at Giga factory, risk factors on Panasonic is ,battery is total commodity market low margin business but even some what respectable margin could be hugely profitable, other risk or highly rewarding thing could happen with Panasonic is , When Tesla have their own batteries manufacturing what would happen to Panasonic? likely scenario is Tesla will not kick Panasonic to curb they probably will license their technology to Panasonic and mutually benefit both party, is it View attachment 507862 worth throwing some money at Panasonic?, it might be a long shot but Panasonic should be value higher then currently.

thanks for the idea, just bought some!

Reactions: UncaNed
Thoughts...

- I left $150k on the table by selling my calls yesterday, that's quite an amount which may well be a lot higher tomorrow - live and learn...
- I pay myself a modest salary, the minimum amount to get the best tax advantages here, and I made more than this amount in pre-market
- I admit I sold 34 play shares at $925, then immediately sold a Friday $905 strike put (yeah, yeah, nag, nag, nag) for $4500
- In my HODL account I'm (on paper) half a teslanaire, twi account combined, 75% of one
- As said above by others, this is all a bit scary, I'm not exactly poor, but I've never had this kind of money kicking around - but having a big sum to play-trade with changes the game completely

I might actually sell at $1000.
That has been my original price target when I first bought TSLA. I've only bought shares and not on margin and my retirement funds are not something I can control, so it's not that many shares anyway.
The dollar is very expensive now, or rather the NOK is down the drain so the payout will be good as well.
So what am I gonna use the money for, sh*ts and giggles mostly I think, and some gifts.

Oh you thought I would sell all, I was just thinking of selling a few shares to mark the occasion maybe 1-2% of them. If we do get a big fall down again I might even buy them back for less. Otherwise I think all big occasions has to be celebrated. :)
For the rest I'm thinking $3500 is when I evaluate again.

Based on trend we should close up $200 tomorrow at $1160.

My options chain state prices are predicting $1,120 by Friday. But then again, for all price levels within like 100 points of the underlying matrices are becoming rank deficient (all option prices are correlated). I guess it's hard to derive any signal when this meteoric rally is causing a bunch of noise.

EDIT: After close looks like the state prices are pointing to $1,040.

Last edited:
Love the CNBC amazement at today's current high. Phil is talking about other related Tesla stocks and looking at those.

They are among those who tried to kill Tesla IMO. So screw em. They clearly don't know a thing about the company other than that it is hurting the people they are beholden to (oil, legacy auto, etc). They are shocked that they cannot influence every stock with their fame and trash talk, so yea...befuddled for sure.