Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Doesnt Apple have revenue like Toyota, and profit like Apple? Its market cap is 1.3 Trillion.
The NYU prof was comparing Tesla to Toyota, like for like, auto to auto.... but noting Tesla will need apple like margins as well, which only insinuates the improbability of doing that, thus the current stock price is way too high and must go down to a more realistic level.

Reactions: kbM3
So I had set a service appointment to check why my model3D was showing full charge range of only 298 miles. Here is the text I got (attached). The point is they remotely checked my driving pattern and said my battery is just fine.

I showed this text to my colleagues and they were so impressed at this next level customer service, and how this car platform is so different.

And to top it off, they will now use the appointment to retrofit the FSD computer.

What a great experience.
They may swap out the little plastic insulators on the DC charge pins if it's an older model 3 and hasn't had service they changed the design. Swapped mine out yesterday when they rotated the tires.

@geneclean55 has it right. Weird how that got missed if it was truly filed yesterday.

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1318605/000008025519001855/tsla13gadec18.htm

393354c58f610f8f129f574ae2c83db5.png

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but isn't this filing from 12/31/2018?

The nyu prof on CNBC is a prime example of the need of a paradigm shift in how to see Tesla. He says to justify the valuation, Tesla needs to have revenues like Toyota and margins like Apple, otherwise stock not justified at current levels..

So true, analysts in general place way too much emphasis on analogous comparables and way too little on the actual details of the companies they are analyzing. News Flash: "sectors", "industries", "verticals" are all constructs of Wall Street. Realty is created on the ground.

Musk has an almost unique ability to cross boundaries and not be boxed in by arbitrary labels (e.g. if batteries seem to be the global bottleneck just do em yourself no matter if you are perceived as a "car manufacturer")

by all means add to the list

May be a long shot but I was thinking if Tesla insurance is to be expanded to other markets, would Tesla be required to have a certain capital reserve ratio and could this raise be the reason to meet this requirement?

I recall Zack was saying this is a heavily regulated industry so this capital injection could remove a significant barrier for Tesla Insurance to go national. Thoughts?

Not sure the recall should be claimed as the day before the cap raise. I received my recall email letter from Tesla back on Feb 6th, and although I like to think Tesla considers me really special, in reality that's probably not the case, so I assume that 15,000 other people got it at the same time. So 8 days before the cap raise. Not a secret if 15,000 people are in on it.

Same here, got the email on Feb 6. My thought was: 15,000 who cares. I’m sure the media kept an article about it in their back pocket to deploy at will, whenever they’d see a chance for some serious damage to the stock price.

Btw, this morning I saw another headline “Tesla recalls 15,000 Model S”. Bastards, that “misspelling” was done on purpose too.

Last edited: