Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
feeling the same way with My MS 2017 ... must resist the temptation
much better to buy shares with the upgrade $$$ in a few years you can buy the Roadster :)

not advice :D

My 90D Model X has begun thinking it wants to be a 100D. Considering how much technology has advanced in these few years, my counter is to pay off the car loan (3 or 4 more years) AND THEN look at what a new Model X will do. Plaid will be so last year by then :)

giphy.gif

Every car company looks for subsidies, the OEMs are no different:

BMW said to drop plans for Russia factory

FRANKFURT -- BMW has dropped plans to open a factory in Russia after talks with authorities broke down over government subsidies for the facility, a report said.

"Russian government officials, on condition of anonymity, confirmed to Reuters that the issue of subsidies was discussed, but there was apparently a small misunderstanding by BMW negotiators, it wasn't BMW who'd be getting subsidies, but the officials."

"'As a gesture of goodwill we have shown great flexibility to BMW in terms of payment methods", one of the officials explained, "Diamonds? Gold bars? Bitcoin? An unlisted bank account at the Russian Central Bank with no SWIFT transaction records? We are a very modern government, but to our deepest regret BMW declined.'"​

Last edited:
Tesla Steps Into The Utility Space With New Grid Controller Patent | CleanTechnica

It amazes me how all legacy analysts have no clue the whats coming in the energy space and its name is Tesla.

everyone start learning the revenue potential of the Kwh.

No wonder munger and buffet making disparaging statements about Elon again.

Again, if we thought the FUD was high with autos, we must prepare for what happens when Tesla takes on the energy business.

I have the same experience with DITM calls, a sell or buy limit in the middle of the spread is practically always executed really soon. The exception is if the stock price is moving fast in the wrong direction so that your limit is not in the middle of the spread anymore.
I don’t have real time option bid/ask prices, so I always have to guess what the real bid/ask is anyway. Which is why I wait for a stock price that has been relatively stable for half an hour before I place the order.

What do you trade with? Can you not do snapshots? They're really cheap on IB.

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Further, since Tesla is releasing this OTA range increase for free rather than a paid upgrade, I take this as another sign that Tesla's 2020Q1 results are well in hand.
;)

Or to prevent a riot and it's the logical thing to do. I think it's a stretch to consider not charging people for the computer to re-calibrate the range as proof that Q1 is in the bag.

Reactions: Cosmacelf
:rolleyes:
Yes, Tesla energy is a personal hobby horse of mine, I can see lots of potential to do more, simply because all problems with 100% RE are not yet solved.

My original interest in Tesla stemmed from an interest in RE, I'm probably one of the few that started researching the Powerwall before all other products

High Five my sibling! ✋

I mean, driving the car got me to look into $TSLA but stationary storage got me excited enough to invest with gusto. “If their battery packs do so well on wheels, they’re going to rule in sitting-still enclosures.”
I sleep with a copy of the Brattle Report under my pillow.
I subscribed to Utility Dive newsletter and recommend it to all TE geeks.

Utilities are very bottom-line driven and there’s no bratty silliness about how the aero wheels look or Allegiance To Das Porsche Uber Alles :rolleyes: ...not even the bleating of BK Bro BearBirds on antisocial media. If it works and saves money, that’s what they buy.

Elon just wants to participate in space launch, but ends up taking over.

Elon just wants to participate in advent of electric cars, but ending up taking over.

Elon just a wants to participate in energy now and that’s it, it’s not like the other things, it’s not going to follow that trend, no way because Buffett utilities and OPEC and others will catch up and keep them in check this time. Fate told me it no longer loves irony this time, ironically of course.

So no, Elon will not end up taking over energy.

Der IKEA-Wald is disappearing quickly.

Emil Senkel on Twitter

EQ0u9l_WAAIqQmD

EQ0u9mRWoAA9o8P

Daniel Kumm on Twitter

EQ0a7YBXsAANiP2

Giga Berlin / Gigafactory 4 on Twitter

EQ1FKz-WAAMCrkL

EQ1FK1GWAAAhgRo

EQ1FK2mXkAEz_dR

EQ1FK34W4AMMTuL

Power is en route (unlikely the primary connection at this point):

Emil Senkel on Twitter

EQ0EuX1WkAAfglV

EQ0EuX2XsAEAyxf

EQ0EuY8XkAA_J63

Conduits snake throughout the plantation.

EQ1FM0nXkAIAiII

EQ1FM2KW4AEdUL-

EQ1FM3VWsAIFYsF

Branches are going into a chipper. They seem to be hauling the chips off. They'll probably either be burned for power, or - preferably - used to produce particle board and the like.

EQ1FIGoXkAItbYG

EQ1FIGmX0AEv9oj

EQ1FIHvW4AY8M72

Utilities are very bottom-line driven and there’s no bratty silliness about how the aero wheels look or Allegiance To Das Porsche Uber Alles :rolleyes: ...not even the bleating of BK Bro BearBirds on antisocial media. If it works and saves money, that’s what they buy.

There is some nuance, mind you. I have a nephew in the power industry in the US, and they have a storage project, but they ended up not going with Tesla... not because of pricing, but because their products are "black boxes", while they want to have the ability to have more control over what they install and not be reliant on Tesla for everything.

Der IKEA-Wald is disappearing quickly.

Emil Senkel on Twitter

EQ0u9l_WAAIqQmD

EQ0u9mRWoAA9o8P

Daniel Kumm on Twitter

EQ0a7YBXsAANiP2

EQ1FKz-WAAMCrkL

EQ1FK1GWAAAhgRo

EQ1FK2mXkAEz_dR

EQ1FK34W4AMMTuL

Power is en route (unlikely the primary connection at this point):

Emil Senkel on Twitter

EQ0EuX1WkAAfglV

EQ0EuX2XsAEAyxf

EQ0EuY8XkAA_J63

Conduits snake throughout the plantation.

EQ1FM0nXkAIAiII

EQ1FM2KW4AEdUL-

EQ1FM3VWsAIFYsF

Branches are going into a chipper. They seem to be hauling the chips off. They'll probably either be burned for power, or - preferably - used to produce particle board and the like.

EQ1FIGoXkAItbYG

EQ1FIGmX0AEv9oj

EQ1FIHvW4AY8M72

I started going through this post before seeing who it was from. About 1/4 of the way through, my brain said: “This is Karen, isn’t it?”

Tesla Steps Into The Utility Space With New Grid Controller Patent | CleanTechnica

It amazes me how all legacy analysts have no clue the whats coming in the energy space and its name is Tesla.

everyone start learning the revenue potential of the Kwh.

No wonder munger and buffet making disparaging statements about Elon again.

Again, if we thought the FUD was high with autos, we must prepare for what happens when Tesla takes on the energy business.
Pure speculation. I think Tesla will eventually spin off the "energy" related divisions, including solar and energy storage, into a separate company ...

Lots of good info here about peaker plants.

TLDR:
Average cost of a peaker plant is 700 million dollars, while the Tesla battery powered version that stablized the grid in Australia cost 67 million.

It took 3 months to build a Tesla peaker plant, while it takes up to 6 years to build a gas powered peaker plant.

Peaker plant charges the consumer at 15 mins worth of usage even if the grid just needed seconds of peak power

Elon just a wants to participate in energy now and that’s it, it’s not like the other things, it’s not going to follow that trend, no way because Buffett utilities and OPEC and others will catch up and keep them in check this time.
This sounds very familiar.