Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon is a genius and I happy he is leading Tesla as well as his other ventures. But I do get the impression interacting with him on a personal level may be a bit hit or miss. I feel like its highly possible within the billionares club Elon may have rubbed some people the wrong way, like Gatesa and Woz, and as such they've gone the way of the Taycan and the Bolt. Yes its poor reasoning but no matter how rich you are you are still human.
We can ask Gates and Woz in a few years how it worked out for them with the Taycan and Bolt :D:D.. Gates can play with his Zune in his Taycan

I've seen people post this three times..and none have provided a source. Could you?
Only the major investors in the underwriting firms (that is, not me) have definitive proof. In my experience of other offerings, they don't lock in the price until it's been fully subscribed.

Elon is a genius and I happy he is leading Tesla as well as his other ventures. But I do get the impression interacting with him on a personal level may be a bit hit or miss. I feel like its highly possible within the billionares club Elon may have rubbed some people the wrong way, like Gatesa and Woz, and as such they've gone the way of the Taycan and the Bolt. Yes its poor reasoning but no matter how rich you are you are still human.
Elon and Bill were on a talk together a few years ago. It was very awkward and perhaps Elon was or felt like he still needed to prove himself. With big achievers like that it can take years to work out a positive social engagement process. It took Jobs and Gates years and they needed to work together, at least on occasion. Elon is friends with Larry and Sergei, that might make Bill in the wrong friend group. Regardless, I’ll bet parking lots up in Redmond are full of Tesla’s.

<Donning big boy panties>
Suggest we all take the high road on this Taycan fire.

We all know how it felt when the media and others made assumptions about Tesla...we don’t even know the cause. Poor house wiring could have been the cause, as was the case with several Tesla garage fires.

More important than asserting Tesla’s technological lead over the Taycan is the need for society to switch to EVs for the good of the world. Let’s not assist in hindering that effort.

</Removing big boy panties>

Gates is a arrogant multi-billionaire he thinks we can engineer with only technical solutions our way out of climate change... sold all my MSFT stock last year to buy Tesla...not going to waste valuable minutes watching Gates pontificate... he is just jealous of Musk simple as that
He has most certainly accomplished a lot but limited study on him
1. Tried to sell DOS to IBM for 50,000. That would have been the story. His only product —-no clear vision of future
2. I remember him buying huge stake in Kodak when everyone saw it going bk. At that point their salvation was to make an ink jet printer
3. Totally missed the internet which even he said was his largest space
It’s nice what he has done with his foundation but how I would not follow him as an investor

I am proud of our lively democracy! :)
but a lot of people (maybe the most) protesting against Tesla in Germany are far-far-left or far-far-right or climate deniers, and that is something I'm not really proud of.
Strange that some "fridaysforfuture" twitter accounts like that tweet
Get used to meddling. It is a really cost-effective way to disbalance a democracy. It doesn't take much to support a fringe group, but it provides a disproportionately huge source of narrative that can be spun so many different ways by so many different spinners.
Don't rent your headspace to crappy renters

Related to KarenRei's strategies about selling on the way up and buying on the way down, I'd like to do that with a sold put. I've sold puts before when the stock price was lower. I've got about $30k, which worked to sell 1 put when the stock was $300....I can't do that now, I can't cover the cost of a $600 put if exercised.

Seems like selling puts as a way to set a stock buy price isn't an option (no pun intended) with the stock at the price it's at and my budget. I've heard here about some places letting you buy fractions of a share. Is there an equivalent alternative to buy/sell fractions of a put/call?

there are mini-options available for S&P index and a few large caps (Apple, Amazon, Alphabet), but as far as I’m aware they are not offered on Tesla.

mini-options are contracts for 10, rather than the normal 100.

VW illustrating for what seems like the millionth time the primary benefit of advertising that Tesla and a Tesla advocates refuse to admit out of sheer stubbornness.

Advertising for the purpose of paying off publishers to tailor their news to your benefit is disgusting. It's a form of bribery/extortion. Elon Musk is a very principled person and does not believe in partaking in such corruption of one of the most important tools democracy has, and one that we are quickly losing, free, fair and unbiased news. By buying ads for the benefit you propose, to bias the media coverage to favor Tesla, or to stop them from unfavorable coverage, Tesla would be enabling and extending their distasteful monetization of sensational, biased and unfair news. It really is bribery/extortion. By refusing to participate, while simultaneously bankrupting those who continue to enable it, Elon is simultaneously standing up for his ideals and making the world a better place.

You have mistaken a noble quality of those who support Tesla in this (a refusal to participate in bribery) with a shameful quality (stubbornness). Learning the difference between the two (or at least biting your tongue before attacking those of us who are more principled) would serve you well.

Because the world needs more people who are willing to stand up to their ideals. While there are times to compromise on your ideals to achieve success in more important goals, I don't see that as being necessary for this situation.

Last edited:
It's one thing if two Tesla Model X owning families decide to road trip together.
But what are the odds that a falling tree catches two Model X's approaching from _opposite_ directions?
I guess the answer is: Increasing!

On a related note, yesterday was the first time I'd seen S3X here in the UK. A Model S, Model 3 and Model X all on the same day (on a short trip to town, not near a Supercharger).

agree Germany was a risky location based on incumbents and not invented here ... i hope Musk has a plan B and be ready to pull the trigger ... i am sure he does as the GF4 is too important

He should set an ultimatum: pull the plug on Gigafactory 4 if the issue is not resolved by end of the week. No more delays by fake environmentalist groups, this is totally ridiculous.

He should set an ultimatum: pull the plug on Gigafactory 4 if the issue is not resolved by end of the week. No more delays by fake environmentalist groups, this is totally ridiculous.

Maybe he should just announce another site in say France and make it totally clear the first to the finish line will get further developments and end up being the big one, the laggard will not get as many jobs.