Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does this include financing debt (which is backed by assets, ie cars?). If so, this is meaningless.

Your analysis assumes the cars will sell for close to the assumed value, which for now, I agree, they will. But that won't be the case in the future. Probably sooner than most anticipate. So the problem remains, how to unwind the ICE businesses without cratering the company.

Looks like it was a sunny day in Connecticut yesterday... Good vibes on Consumer Reports... or at least they're trying to adjust their cretic so to conform (fricking) reality

“Tesla is facing increasing competition, but its batteries and superior energy efficiency give it an edge”

They are absolutely the leader,” says Jake Fisher, senior director of automotive testing at Consumer Reports. “Through the years, they’ve made multiple changes to their motors and batteries and other things under the skin of their vehicles. This is a continual thing that they do.”

Question about using different batteries in China.

isn't there a legal requirement to take a vehicle off the road after a certain number of years in China?

maybe the battery longevity in China doesn't need to last as long...
its 600K KM limit on sedans. dont know if electrical cars are different. I feel they probably would change the policy in the future, as electrical cars dont pollute more as they age.

The reason why you didn’t invest earlier is why I did. After my initial research of Elon Musk, I knew what he was all about and capable of. Dude, next time just ask me. ;)
From my Amazon account;
"Hi, Dopey
Customer since 2000"
I should have bought Amazon stock back then instead of a Zune...

How many of you get messages on days like today to sell? I need new friends. It’s always the people that sold at $320 that want you to get out too.

In two months it might be at 700,600,500, but also somewhere in the next 5 years it’s going to be at 1,000, 2,000, or 3,000. It’s common sense to hold on, ride the small waves and cash out to buy more Tesla’s haha

But how do you steal software theses days? This is not like installing a pirate version of Windows on your PC.

Taking binary code from another organization with no support is just suicide. Even with full access of the source code doesn't garentee success. Even operating a Hadoop cluster takes significant expertise. And Hadoop has the full source code online with tons of information about how best to operate it in various kinds of situations.

And the manufacturing process is so complicated they are tweaked all the time not unlike software. Apple has a team of experts practically living inside foxconn factories tweaking their pipelines.

Even with joint ventures with Toyota nobody in China produced a credible competitor of Camry yet, or Accord for that matter.

I think if someone comes to Elon and saying we gonna copy your factory and drive you out of business, they would be laughed out of the room. If they actually do it that factory would be in production hell right after completion and they have to beg Tesla to take over.

Well the government can always create trouble by investigate you taxes and "production safety" things like that. It's a risky proposition as they have to rack up significant financial loss before Tesla would cave in, at the same time Tesla factory loan is guaranteed by the government, with tons of jobs on the line. They risk shooting themselves on the foot.

It's easy. You download the firmware of all the robots. Then you upload to the exact copies at forked factory. Of course, they'd have ample time to copy the spacing and dimension of your production line down to the milimeter before they go ahead and do that. Sometimes they don't even need to be precise to 1 mm.

"Tesla has a giant new building next to Giga Nevada and we might know what it's for https://electrek.co/2020/02/19/tesla-semi-giant-building-giga-nevada/ by @fredericlambert"

Fred says they received tip it's for Semi production

Electrek.Co on Twitter

Well, that would be juicy.

Edit*

I'm a little suspect that the building in question, whichever one it is, would be for production. It looks more like warehouse/admin. If they can do a full on Semi production line out of it though, it would be quite something.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpaceCash
"Tesla has a giant new building next to Giga Nevada and we might know what it's for Tesla has a giant new building next to Giga Nevada and we might know what it's for - Electrek by @fredericlambert"

Fred says they received tip it's for Semi production

Electrek.Co on Twitter

Interesting. Frankly I was wondering why building at Giga Nevada stopped. I suspect it was due to the perilous financial condition Tesla found itself in during the initial stages of the Model 3 production ramp. So they now could use a bigger building, but don't have the time to build it, hence leasing one nearby.

• Helpful
Reactions: SpaceCash
How many of you get messages on days like today to sell? I need new friends. It’s always the people that sold at $320 that want you to get out too.

In two months it might be at 700,600,500, but also somewhere in the next 5 years it’s going to be at 1,000, 2,000, or 3,000. It’s common sense to hold on, ride the small waves and cash out to buy more Tesla’s haha

Very very few people even know I own TSLA stock. It keeps things simpler that way.

A 930-970 close will feel like we got back where we were before that manipulative drop a couple weeks ago.
Closing above what the Technicals support just encourages the next bear raid. Better to walk the SP up deliberately with the Upper-BB, which is going up by an avg of $16 per day recently.

Low-volume lulls also encourage shortzes (click image for near-realtime chart).

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2020-02-19.14-25.png

Cheers!

Link? I think you're conflating their projections for Tesla's numbers with global numbers for all manufacturers. Do you really think their projections would vary that widely from page to page if they were representing the same thing?

See my reply to KarenRei. #140749

Do you believe ARK's 37M by 2024 is likely? That was primary question I raised in original post.

https://research.ark-invest.com/hubfs/1_Download_Files_ARK-Invest/White_Papers/Big Ideas 2020-Final_011020.pdf?hsCtaTracking=78df7914-8393-4b78-b326-7dfb47024083|4ade617d-5fc7-4646-b699-84d7ac1213c6

Reactions: kbM3
It's easy. You download the firmware of all the robots. Then you upload to the exact copies at forked factory. Of course, they'd have ample time to copy the spacing and dimension of your production line down to the milimeter before they go ahead and do that. Sometimes they don't even need to be precise to 1 mm.
You're just dreaming. You think if you somehow steal all AWS binary code and buying all the same specs hardware you can replicate AWS?

OT
@JustSaying
Well, in no particular order, studying quantum physics, get 2-3,000 18650 Li batteries and build powerwall, swim in _heated_ pool, visit Kaua’i twice so far, (no you cannot visit Tesla PV array off Maalo road out of Lihue) drive cross country a few times, register folks to vote, educate folks on PV solar systems, nap, get new knees (2) hip (1), read, read, facet gemstones, read TMC, nuff?
Anybody considering laying down solarglass roofs? Free training provided.

An outdoor activity that can be considered a community service. I'd volunteer once a week ;)

Screenshot_20200219-123220_Chrome.jpg