Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My interpretation, people say CT would be expensive to make, but CT just casually fly by and disagrees.

I got the feeling they started Cost Engineering of the truck or the factory that makes the truck, and Elon likes what he sees. This is posted as humble-brag and mocking dis-believers.

Your thoughts?

Interesting thesis! I like it. And I love that movie.

Got a call from Tesla (Las Vegas) this afternoon. He said: we are contacting you since you’re a Model Y customer.

My heart raced but....it was only to invite me to a Tesla solar & powerwall event at the Naples showroom.

Oh well...

Btw: he didn’t know that I already owned two Model Xs. The old multiple DB problem is still an issue.
@X Fan
Details please, Naples is 30 miles south.....

• Love
Reactions: lafrisbee and X Fan
Traders Flock to Tech Options as Stocks Soar

Not just TSLA. Call options are way up this year on tech stocks. When the music stops it could get ugly, but for now enjoy the reincarnation of the Roaring 20’s.

I've started buying small quantities of SPY puts with a year expiration. Dirt cheap right now and insurance for the coming crash.

@JRP3
OT (sorta)
All lifepo4 batteries and prismatic cells
HEADWAY 38120 HP 3.2V 8AH LIFEPO4 BATTERY
Regular price$11.00
(Cylindrical)

Not sure how that in anyway changes what I posted. Most large LiFePO4 packs are made up of prismatics. I never said nor suggested LiFePO4 weren't also produced in cylindrical format as well. I have both, the prismatics are much easier to work with for larger packs while cylindricals are more appropriate for small devices and E bikes.

Not sure how that in anyway changes what I posted. Most large LiFePO4 packs are made up of prismatics. I never said nor suggested LiFePO4 weren't also produced in cylindrical format as well. I have both, the prismatics are much easier to work with for larger packs while cylindricals are more appropriate for small devices and E bikes.
@JRP3
Just a heads up about cylindrical LiFePO4
Thanks for your info, always helpful

Saving the rollout to release just after Q1 earnings might be a really good way to soften the blow of a weak report, or blow out any remaining shorts with a good report.

Apparently the shorts are also discussing this rumor.
I’d guess the software hold is to hide Model Y updates and any new features that might other cars.

I've started buying small quantities of SPY puts with a year expiration. Dirt cheap right now and insurance for the coming crash.

What strikes are you getting?

The reason I ask is that market tops are strange and amazing creatures. They can fly farther, higher and longer than anyone can imagine. That bears (pun intended) repeating: They can fly farther, higher and longer than anyone can imagine. If the crash you are so certain is coming happens 9 months out, the SPY could be another 20-30% higher before it collapses. Yes, I'm talking about irrational exuberance. And your puts might expire worthless even if we get the crash before your puts expire.

You might get lucky or you might be flushing perfectly good capital down the toilet. The only way I see it makes sense is if you know you will need to exit the market in a year (for example to build a house) and you need the downside insurance. Otherwise, it's generally better to ride it out (if and when it happens).

Actually, there was a small rally and a lot of capping at $900, so it's not entirely clear how strong the reaction will be tomorrow. Also, the uncertainty about the GF4 case certainly played a role in the fading of yesterday's $950 rally.
One thing I am certain of is that tesla will waste no time clearing the rest before any trouble arises. Could even see them working at night

Pittsburgh Business Times - yesterday: https://www.bizjournals.com/pittsbu...ty-for-coal.html?ana=yahoo&yptr=yahoo&ref=yfp

Excerpts:

Coal prices continued dropping, as have fortunes on Wall Street for coal producers. Those pressures have shown up in the stock price, with Consol Energy Inc. (NYSE: CEIX) shares falling from $14.67 on Jan. 2 to $6.45 a share on Wednesday.
Expect more pressure: A recent Morgan Stanley report found another 47,000 megawatts of coal-power capacity that will be overtaken by renewables in the next four years and up to $64 billion in capital spending for utilities who take advantage of the cost differential.

My heart raced but....it was only to invite me to a Tesla solar & Powerwall event at the Naples showroom.

I hope it's not as boring as the one I went to in Boca Raton 2 years ago. The reps simply read a presentation on their cellphones, and couldn't answer any questions. I knew more about solar, inverters, and the Powerwall than they did.

I think some of the worries about Q1 are unfounded:
1/ Expectation for Q1 is low due to seasonality
2/ People still remember what Q1 2019 looks like. Those who sold got left in the dust. Unless Q1 is disastrous, I'm talking 80,000 deliveries and -500M loss, big investors are not gonna sell.
3/ A dip, if any, caused by momentum traders, shorts, and MM will be short lived.

With reguard to New Mexico, and this may have been brought up before, could Tesla get the cooperation of some NATIVE American tribes?

Tesla owners in NM proposed that to the right people within Tesla back in 2015. So far, nothing. We won’t stop pressuring the company, the Gov, the legislature, the franchise dealers, anyone and everyone, until NM can be removed from the list of “bans Tesla” states.

unless you took a delivery of LR+ X and can show us the battery label to still be 100kWh, we don't yet know if it was a miss.

It just so happens that I just took delivery of a 02/20 manufactured Model X and can look at this for you, but I will have to wait until I get home since my wife is driving it and not me. :(:(:(:(

PS. I can now say that owning the car and not driving it is not as bad as not owning it period, but it's damn close. :D

I would not sell a covered call on TSLA. The premium isn't worth it. The future is hard to predict. One of the things that makes a stock like TSLA worth holding is the possibility of outsized gains. You never know when there might be an announcement that will make the market go crazy. Why sell your rights to that possibility off on the cheap? To me, there is no difference between actually losing money and losing gains that would have been mine had I not done something short-sighted. They are one and the same.

Everyone's situation and goals are different so I'm not saying it couldn't be a good fit in special circumstances. But in general, I don't see them being a good fit with TSLA.

I wouldn't personally sell any covered calls right now, and I'd never sell so many that I'd risk a large portion of my TSLA position being called away during a rally, but I wouldn't say never either.

Like if Q1 is a strong quarter, and SP hits $2,000 a few weeks after S&P 500 inclusion in late June, I could perhaps see myself selling just a few covered calls for like 5-10% of my TSLA position, and then selling cash covered puts if my shares get called away.

I think some of the worries about Q1 are unfounded:
1/ Expectation for Q1 is low due to seasonality
2/ People still remember what Q1 2019 looks like. Those who sold got left in the dust. Unless Q1 is disastrous, I'm talking 80,000 deliveries and -500M loss, big investors are not gonna sell.
3/ A dip, if any, caused by momentum traders, shorts, and MM will be short lived.

PLUS: TSLA stockholders cashing in for Teslas. I can't have been the only one.