Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see... both SW related... no interest in being a alpha/beta tester where i pay for the privilege ... enjoy driving wont even use cruise control ... I am weird that way
Not weird. My best friend is the same way, refuses to use cruise control... have a couple of relatives that are also CCA (cruise control averse). Myself, I wouldn't drive without it!

We need shorts. They are part of the gainz ecosystem. I used to hate them, but now I understand why they exist. My LEAPs are 200-500 baggers yo
THIS. We need a ‘bring your short to work’ day or something so I can pay for my second roadster.

Also Robinhood will have to change its withdrawal limit, I mean in 2022 that will barely make it for 5 TSLA shares per day...

THIS. We need a ‘bring your short to work’ day or something so I can pay for my second roadster.

Also Robinhood will have to change its withdrawal limit, I mean in 2022 that will barely make it for 5 TSLA shares per day...

That's why Robinhood is a 3rd tier broker and only autists have more than 5k in the account.

Not weird. My best friend is the same way, refuses to use cruise control... have a couple of relatives that are also CCA (cruise control averse). Myself, I wouldn't drive without it!
I don't use CC either because it's really inefficient. However, when I get a new Tesla I'll certainly use the AP and FSD because the additional safety is worth the inefficiency.

I hear you. But what reasonable justification is there to put NMC in stationary batteries and LFP in cars? Especially if a lot of the stationary battery demand is in Australia.

Well, I think we just agreed that Tesla can make a LFP SR for cheaper than NMC or NCA, so is your question why not also transition storage to LFP?
If it is, the reason I could see is that reduced density increases the amount of units thus balance of plant (BOP) needed per kWh which offsets the cost savings. Especially if the inverters can't handle additional power connections. That said, Megapack could use a different form factor.

I hear you. But what reasonable justification is there to put NMC in stationary batteries and LFP in cars? Especially if a lot of the stationary battery demand is in Australia.

The speculation came from media reports, twitter posts, etc, there is a good chance part of the message got scrambled, but also an outside chance Prismatic LFP is going into SR Model 3s in China at least as a short term measure...

As I mentioned earlier it is dependent on the supply on NMC/NCA 2170s in China and the current state of the pack line in China....

The are also trying to maximise GF Shanghai production in Q1 on a fairly aggressive ramp...

Waiting for an alternative to LFP may mean fewer cars produced out of GF Shanghai in Q1

As I also needed earlier they would have had to test this in a prototype, and it would need to be "adequate" solution that still results in a "acceptable" SR Model 3.

More generally from an Australian point of view, anything that reduces the price of Powerwalls here will generate considerable additional demand and LFP is a very suitable chemistry... the Powerwall might be heavier or lower capacity. Of those alternatives, cheaper and lower capacity is the way to go as people can install multiple batteries..

An acronym
While I get the humor, he was just following advice, and regardless of the discussion on the board today, if someone asks what an acronym or abbreviation means please just answer it to the best of your ability.

Besides, I have to admit I didn't know what it stood for either. Thanks Curt!

Last edited:
For most of the day TSLA was down, while my Tesla portfolio of stocks and LEAPS were up. I have observed this
increase in option pricing on other Fridays as well. For simplicity the implied volatility of LEAPS on Fridays are higher than the Thursdays before or the Mondays after. Any explanation?
More people buying them on Fridays - like many of us here? Drives up the price.
Alternatively: Writers (sellers) demanding a premium to insure against the Monday morning exuberance :)