Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
GM plans are decent but still not nearly enough cell production lined up.

everyone sails to where Tesla is now but in 3 years when GMs plans are realized Tesla will be much farther along

They always do this (aiming at where Tesla is, rather than where it will be when their products come out). You can count them doing this, as surely as the sun rises in the east**.

** With caveats depending on where you are and what time of year it is. ;) Here in the summer, the sun rises and sets in the north, while in the winter it "rises" and sets in the south).

So GM is only planning on 30 gigawatts of battery production? Did I heart that right? Giga 1 had planned on over a 100 before it started right?

"digitally program the battery" o_O Now, I'm not a programmer, but...can you really program something analog style? Is that punch cards?
I used to work at GM's infotainment software in Toronto. Its a retirement center. Their old Detroit car maker DNA will never make their effort to shift to smart car successful unless they bankrupt and restart again with a new DNA.
I can imagine. How many brilliant programmers want to leave college and go to work for friggin GM?

I used to work at GM's infotainment software in Toronto. Its a retirement center. Their old Detroit car maker DNA will never make their effort to shift to smart car successful unless they bankrupt and restart again with a new DNA.

The biggest underestimated issues with all of those announcements is that you need an organization with a DNA for SW and BEVs.

Without you will always have the disappointing gap we seen so far between concepts and presentations versus reality.

The presentation seems to be all fluff/goals, and not much concrete.
A battery plant 30 football feilds long (or something like that)?
Honestly, I hope they do it. But Geezus. Talk about coming to the table kickin n screamin.
Yeah but they said 30gigawatts.

Also GM will be selling cars with 600 miles of range, apparently. Jeez guys, why not just ask for 1 billion miles of range.
evil.jpg

There are still many new grads from top universities joining. But GM quickly turn them into retirement mode.
I can appreciate that. I got a gig as a direct contractor for a client a few years ago and it's definitely done that to me somewhat.

So GM is only planning on 30 gigawatts of battery production? Did I heart that right? Giga 1 had planned on over a 100 before it started right?

"digitally program the battery" o_O Now, I'm not a programmer, but...can you really program something analog style? Is that punch cards?

I can imagine. How many brilliant programmers want to leave college and go to work for friggin GM?

There are still many new grads from top universities joining. But GM quickly turn them into retirement mode.