Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's fascinating how off he is on FSD though. I don't understand why he's constantly wrong about FSD timelines.

I mean it’s feature complete in house but unreleasable for all uses, all roads.

I summoned my X tonight and people were staring at it and I heard 3 “holy”, two “it’s a Tesla”, and falcon wing doors on arrival blew minds.

Even if he’s wrong he’s so far ahead it doesn’t matter. Nobody else is even ballpark close.

Thanks mods I’m sorry I’m a sugar mouth.

Added photo is it arrived post summon.

Attachments

• F1F870F0-44DF-4A53-8DD8-4E317BFAEFB5.jpeg
    F1F870F0-44DF-4A53-8DD8-4E317BFAEFB5.jpeg
    759 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
I wasn't aware of "Max Pain" before joining this forum.
Now that I am well aware of it, it makes watching the ticker quite boring.
If there is no breaking news, you can pretty much quess where we will end up.
Where did the SP close today? $749.50
Where will the SP close tomorrow? $750.50
Where will the SP close on Friday? $750.00

View attachment 517990

An accountant calling TSLA action boring. :confused:

You're me, right? Is this it, seriously? What a joke!!

General Motors to spend $20 billion through 2025 on new electric, autonomous vehicles

The company declined to break down how much of the $20 billion would go specifically to all-electric vehicles but said that the amount includes capital and engineering resources.

Given the inefficiencies of an organization as large and entrenched as a legacy OEM, such as GM, the number I’d be looking for is $100 billion— all for EV’s, firmly committed and aggressively spent.

Anything less I expect can reasonably be ignored in the grand scheme things.

VW’s 90 billion whatzits announcement was too wishy washy to be given much credit as well.

A perspective on $20b investment GM will make in next 5 years.

1) Tesla has already raised 20b in equity and debt funding since inception and the R&D is already done.
2) additionally the sweat equity invested from founders and employees are additional.
3) Tesla has generated more than $60b in revenue over years. Even ignoring time value of money. Of this 60b a good 20% or so can be attributed to pure R&D type cost (conservatively speaking). So that is another $12b.

this means even ignoring the first mover advantages of investments, Tesla is far ahead in R&D investments in EV and AV than GM plans to do in next 5 years.

now assuming Tesla will earn another 200b in revenue (likely much more) in next 5 years. The regular R&D spend will exceed the GM investment. This means Tesla will have lapped GM multiple times by 2025.

disclaimer: just a crude analysis, and maybe reduce the total losses reported of 6b so far. numbers can be changed but the story is clear.

Last edited:
I think you mean an early '13? There were no early '12s of course.

Just because your eMMC failed though does not mean that it was part of the batch of MCUs manufactured with sub-par eMMCs that had an abnormally high failure rate.

I think they meant early in the 2012 production , as opposed to early in 2012.
Used 2012 Tesla Model S for Sale Near You | Edmunds

The first ten customers received their cars at the Fremont factory on June 22, 2012 at the official launch.[61] Production grew from 15–20 cars completed per week in August 2012[61] to about 1,000 cars per week in 2015.[62]

Tesla Model S - Wikipedia

[61]
Inside Tesla - 08.21.12

Last edited:
Reactions: Drumheller
After watching GM's EV Day, the most pressing question I have is: How can these people keep talking about their leadership in EVs while keeping a straight face?

I've been thinking of taking some acting classes, but maybe I should apply for a job at GM instead :eek:
I think they developed their stage skills presenting fuel cell roadmaps to regulators. :p

I’m checking myself into alcohol rehab tomorrow am and won’t be able to be an idiot here for a month.

If anybody is struggling with alcoholism it is very easy to decide that your life is worth it.

I was 6 months sober then made close to a million on Tesla options starting at $3,000. That isn’t good for somebody like me. It’s too awesome. Feel invincible. Drink. End up at rehab.

Best part is I know. If you’re like me don’t be afraid. Fix it.

I’m checking myself into alcohol rehab tomorrow am and won’t be able to be an idiot here for a month.

If anybody is struggling with alcoholism it is very easy to decide that your life is worth it.

I was 6 months sober then made close to a million on Tesla options starting at $3,000. That isn’t good for somebody like me. It’s too awesome. Feel invincible. Drink. End up at rehab.

best of luck. Be back with us 4/22.

I divorced from ethyl a little over ten years ago.
Like most relationships, it started out as fun.
But ethyl began to demand more and more time and was just punishing in the end.
No regrets.

I look forward to your return and wish you the best.

Just celebrated 18 months sober yesterday, after 40 years of continuous drinking.
Kicked an additional addictive habit along the way.
I am a new, better person. It was worth the hard work.

Congrats on taking the step!

After watching GM's EV Day, the most pressing question I have is: How can these people keep talking about their leadership in EVs while keeping a straight face?

I've been thinking of taking some acting classes, but maybe I should apply for a job at GM instead :eek:

The fossil OEMs’ EV public relations blitzes have to not only reach consumers but also their franchise dealers.

For consumers the OEMs are trying hard to
discourage them from switching to Tesla, hopefully instead getting them to wait for the OEM’s EV.

Meanwhile, the media eat this stuff up then hype it all, presenting it as a sort of sporting match. They forget that these OEMs are still biased to making ICE vehicles: and their dealers still largely insist on ICE vehicles. So these OEMs are trapped having to support all that legacy infrastructure and the ICE supply chains and ICE parts inventories and all those jobs for ICE while at the same time spend billions on new EV infrastructure, EV supply chains, and EV parts inventories while attempting to catch up with Tesla.

I predict some OEMs ain’t gonna live to see 2030, maybe toast by 2025. :)

Some strange rumor about Tesla already delivering some Model Y to employees. Pictures of Model Y vehicles parked at employees homes on social media. Can anybody confirm or deny?

Wouldn't be surprised if they're already delivering to non-employees on 3/15.

We've been seeing a couple of Ys parked in normal consumer areas, not actively testing on roads.

Most powerful and sincere post that I've ever seen on this forum. I post infrequently here, but I'm quite certain I can say that this community has your back. You can get through this, and everyone here will help you as best as they can. Even if that means just replying with posts like this.

You can get better. Focus on yourself.

Best of luck.