Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also @cricketman, if the shares are in a pretax account, the IRS will treat such use of shares as a distribution and you'd owe income tax on the entire amount. I couldn't find the relevent citing in the code but it's described here and elsewhere: Can You Use IRA Accounts as Collateral?

Thanks for the advice everyone

I have always gone along with the thought that I could be transparent about things such as share holdings on public forums as long as I am super careful about not revealing anything that could identify me.

For example, someone asked me what company I worked at a while ago I thought best not to answer that question as it's a small company.

The good thing about being transparent is that already I have had some useful comments about the nature of the credit line against the value of the shares. So I now know what questions to ask and what clauses to look out for. It may make sense to have a traditional mortgage instead.

Thanks everyone. I check this forum almost everyday to learn things not only about tesla but about how investments and the world works. It is mind blowing to think about the quality of information that one has access to nowadays although the key of course is to be able to tell quality information apart from all the rubbish!

Daimler could have bought Tesla for practically chump change back when they contracted them to supply the batteries for their FourTwo in 2016. Amazing what has happened since then...
Qualcomm could have bought Android years back. Perhaps Android won't be what it is if that happened. Sometimes the independence of a company away from corporate red-tape is the best catalyst to propel it into the orbit.

Has it been posted that Tesla China is offering 'contactless test drives' to its potential customers? My mandarin is extremely limited, so maybe someone else can better explain how this works? @Causalien @kengchang @Mars ☰mperor

Tesla Chinese Ad: Contactless Test Drive in Coronavirus Season : teslamotors
So basically you RSVP that you want to test drive, Tesla will let you know where the car is and unlock it for you to test drive. After you are done, just park the car.

I would expect that what he actually meant was something like "LIBOR + 1%", which is close to the same thing at the moment. But the rate could rise in the currently unlikely case that interest rates in general go up.
From what I have seen, base rates are going down and credit risk spreads are going up. I'd expect that to continue until Corona has died down or has been deemed normal.

Well, the wife just finished contributing to the cause. She just ordered her

AWD
Red
White interior
Sport rims.

We were going to wait until April but Canadian dollar dropping with this oil war so got it done. Here’s the kicker, website says 5 to 7 weeks, our order says 2 to 3 weeks. Might be a first quarter deliver. On the other hand our SA says he thinks more like 8 weeks because of the colour. Oh well, first world problems. We were hoping to drive it over the coquihalla when all the sand is off the road. Our PPF installer will give us some temp wrap to put on it for the trip. 446 km.

Anyway. Woohoo. :)

Related to above re: fossil fuel bailout: Donald J. Trump on Twitter

"If you like automobiles, how can you vote for a Democrat who all want to get rid of cars, as quickly as possible, especially if they are powered by gasoline. Remember also, no more than one car per family. I, on the other hand, have new plants being built all over Michigan, Plus!"

That's barely readable but unsurprising from who the author is.

I hope they had banners made saying: Check out the cars the competition is so afraid of they banned them!

It probably saved a few people entrance fee, we don't even need to go in and see those ICE cars, we've made our mind up for a Tesla!
Such a great effort by the local club to give test rides and promote the cars.

Fed bailout of fossil fuel industry likely? but they won’t extend Fed tax credits on BEVs...

Trump is considering a fossil fuel bailout, amid coronavirus worries

One thing I haven't seen discussed yet, is how they're going to get something through the House along these lines. Until that's figured out, this is Trump Hot Air(tm).

Only way I see this going somewhere is for something else Democrats want being added. And heck - it's just money; it's way easier to spend more on top of more, than not.

So not saying whatever specifically it ends up being, I don't see it happening without something else being added.

Reactions: StealthP3D
I wouldn't worry about sand on the road - Tesla's have really good electronic stability and traction controls. You would need to be going highly illegal speeds to even know it was there!
:)

Yah. Not worried about traction. It’s the rocks thrown up from the trucks at her new Tesla. The sand looks a lot like little rocks...with some not so freakin little.

Waymo pulling out from competing with Tesla Network directly has not been discussed much here. This is great news for Tesla for several reasons:
  1. Suggests Waymo are less confident in FSD generally
  2. Tesla have a clear run at dominating this space - Waymo enabled competitors will be flawed - Lidar at different heights etc.
  3. Disparate ecosystem from competition - multiple apps
  4. Waymo won't be buying EVs from Tesla competitors like the iPaces
  5. Shareholders should see this all emerging at least 5 minutes before it happens
Uber should be the main competition now - with or without FSD.

Another “Tesla departure promotion”, as soon as one person decides to leave, they got promoted by TSLAQ to been the “key person” of such and such project.

I am pretty sure this guy is competent and contributed a lot during his 7 years in Tesla.

But what’s the fuzz about him leaving? Every time there is a VP leaving TSLAQ make it sounds like there is only one VP in the whole company.

But this gentleman was only a director, why we need to post it here as if it’s informative about the general well-being of the company?

Next time we are going to report each and every person leaving?