Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And enough with the discussion of the number of corona cases in South Korea. If there is a need it can be discussed here: Coronavirus. But it definitely is not relevant enough for macros or Tesla's share price.

On another note: no, mods did not censor discussion 1 or 2 months ago about how the corona virus could be a threat to market sentiment. Mods only moved endless in-depth discussions about the development of the disease to a dedicated thread, in order to keep it from cluttering up the main thread.

$388 seems rediculously cheap. Maybe this is assuming a q1 profit miss from an unconfirmed shutdown in Fremont?

I planned to buy some back before April, but this could still keep dropping too. Are we having visions of Q1 2019?

Still, if the Factory closes, I believe Tesla will still show profit... they wouldn't chance it on something so narrowly close. But it feels too much like playing the wheel in Vegas, and already feel like I have 400 shares too many... all week.

Anyone betting this round?

Reactions: WarpedOne
$388 seems rediculously cheap. Maybe this is assuming a q1 profit miss from an unconfirmed shutdown in Fremont?

I planned to buy some back before April, but this could still keep dropping too. Are we having visions of Q1 2019?

Still, if the Factory closes, I believe Tesla will still show profit... they wouldn't chance it on something so narrowly close. But it feels too much like playing the wheel in Vegas, and already feel like I have 400 shares too many... all week.

I'm holding for now. If the stock somehow manages to go below 300 then I will double my position. That's my buy in point.

I'm holding for now. If the stock somehow manages to go below 300 then I will double my position. That's my buy in point.
This chatter is almost comical ... in 3-5 years $50-100 per share further discount will be almost noise just average purchases on the way down ... what are you going to do if $300 is never breached

TSLA share value is so spastic and the virus news continues to get worse every day. Buying right now is risky.

Just a few days ago, who thought it would dip below 400? For all we know, the bottom might not be close.

I believe Tesla will be nimble and create even more separation with legacy auto makers. But into what global economy?

TSLA share value is so spastic and the virus news continues to get worse every day. Buying right now is risky.

Just a few days ago, who thought it would dip below 400? For all we know, the bottom might not be close.

I believe Tesla will be nimble and create even more separation with legacy auto makers. But into what global economy?
Many big share holders won’t move their shares. There will be a stopping point as far as a low and there are big investors with money on the sidelines right now prepared to take advantage of any bottoming out.

After Cybertruck reveal happened the stock went to 330. We are fine, if you have extra cash then it would be a good time to pick up shares here and there. Nobody should be going all in because the reaction to this virus has been crippling to the economy, but you can always find good investments in times like this.

Reactions: SOULPEDL

I think Tesla have enough in the bank to ride it out, but it will delay their whole progress by up to a year. I think the stock price could go down to 2 digits if it get really bad.

Anyone know if Fremont and/or giga sparks are open as of now??
Can't find anything that they are closed unless i missed something overnight. I noticed that a few blogs have falsely picked up on the Sheriff thing, but I don't see anything official from the county.

I'm leaning towards reduced auto output to minimize employee interactions and work with local authorities. May have to do that anyways on some sort of short term basis.

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
This chatter is almost comical ... in 3-5 years $50-100 per share further discount will be almost noise just average purchases on the way down ... what are you going to do if $300 is never breached

Not buy anything :) You are totally correct, I bought majority of my shares when the stock dipped to 190 last year with a plan to hold it for 5 years. My strategy hasn't really changed. I don't need to add more, but at that price point its too low not to add more.

• Informative
Reactions: Eugene Ash

Don't agree there. I might have $10k to throw at shares in the coming days. If the price is $200 I can get 50, if it's $300 I'll get 33, $400, 25, etc.

So I agree in terms of a single share price, but the entry price for a fixed amount of money can make a big difference long term due to the share multiplier.

You are fortunate to be liquid enough to have this option.

Yes my wife and I can both do our jobs 100% remotely so we can still earn full salary's during all this. We also have a decent amount of cash just sitting. We're in a good spot.

I plan to go and support some local cafes and restaurants throughout this. One near me already laid off half her staff because sales are way down. They are only doing takeout now but I told the owner I would come everyday and buy some coffee and one of their breakfast burritos (which are delicious) to help out.