Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After making about 3X gains holding Tesla from around 240, I sold around 850 and got into boring index funds. Lost about 20% on it since the start of the corona panic. I've just sold 50% of my index funds and bought Tesla at around 645. Will be adding more. Just not sure if i'm going to wait until after Q1.

Long term believer in the Tesla story, and I do see Elon receiving his full CEO compensation package by the end of 2028.

In hindsight this was a pretty bad moment to get back in..
Just sold another 20% of my index funds and bought more Tesla.

I'm leaving the last 30% for when it goes below 300. If we keep going down this way, this might be a matter of days..

On the other hand: if we ever manage to crawl back up to the ATH, I will be financially independent. :)
Seems like a dream now.

Last edited:
Now you’ve lost your mind if you’re questioning Tesla’s resolve to fight everything that is wrong, stupid, unfair or otherwise. Never mind that Tesla is now in a position of strength. They’re no longer some powerless fledgling.

You and everyone else better hope Tesla stays scrappy and fierce. If they give up now, we’re all doomed not just the elderly or those with underlying preexisting conditions. All of us. I think you know this, but there are more and more people here who’ve lost sight of that fact. Forest or trees, people?

There’s a world-sized survival of the fittest going on right now in all sectors of life; whole of the population not just individual people, entire industries not just individual businesses, nay entire countries and their economies, not just counties or cities. The planet and every living creature is under assault and has been for some time.

This is where I inject some froo-froo, mumbo jumbo, so skip if you’re void of any type or level of spirituality.

When we as individuals fail to listen to God, Ala, The Universe, Alien Simulation, whatever or whomever you place your faith, eventually he, she, they, it makes us listen in a myriad of possible ways. I can give literally thousands of examples of this that just I have observed in my life and the lives of people I know, as well as documented in historical texts.

Point: We’re in the process of being made to change and have been for awhile. We’ve ignored the extinction of species warnings, we’ve ignored the pollution warnings, we’ve ignored the weather warnings, we’ve ignored the societal warnings.

Change willingly or be forced. I assure you no matter how much you think changing willingly will hurt, being forced will in fact hurt way more. Just take a look around you today.

I picked my side 8 years ago. I’m on team Elon come hell or high water. I have to say, though, that many here are not giving me warm and fuzzy feelings despite proclaiming to be on the same team. And don’t be mistaken that that’s simply or only a reference to whether you sold your TSLA stock or not. It’s not, not even close.

I’m am forever reminded that the human race is a plague in and of itself. I’ve got to go hug my cat now despite the restrained protest I am surely to receive. He and all cats know what people are about. I’ll still take him to the island, though. Rat control is important no matter where you live on this God forsaken orb.

I signed up just so I could reply to this...you sir are awesome! Thanks for the entertainment in these trying times.

This has to stop!
InsideEV should be ashamed of themselves!

This damning article is, in part, based and supported by Tweets claiming to be Tesla employees. But the article does nothing to verify the legitimacy of those Twitter accounts. It's literally the equivalent of "I heard someone say".

My buying started. And it is so cheap!
BofA announcing an upgrade reminded me of how all those "Analysts" can suddenly change their tune.

Screenshot_20200318-073217_TD Ameritrade Mobile.jpg

So what is the deal? Factory closed or not? It's so confusing. Stock is not tanking like it's closed. I was expecting to wake up with a sp of under 350.

Who knows. The official county stated yesterday they could stay open. Then the sheriff tweeted something. I haven't heard any other updates from the county yet. I suspect they and Tesla are talking though or negotiating like GM and Ford did.

I think they will work directly with authorities to show how they can reduce transmission and can cite their success already in China on this front. That county would be crazy to let that factory shut down as many will be out of work without pay for extended period AND its huge threat to Tesla future...they need Tesla for their economy and the future.

Worst case Musk takes the fight to court and the courts are not moving fast these days...unless they fast track it. So could be tied up for long time and they would likely have the backing of the feds to keep open.

Frankly I am guessing on this like everyone else, but I think Elon has gone from "Tesla in a groove now so I can hang out in TX and work startship" to "I need to get my arse back to CA and negotiate with the authorities".

Can't find anything that they are closed unless i missed something overnight. I noticed that a few blogs have falsely picked up on the Sheriff thing, but I don't see anything official from the county.

I'm leaning towards reduced auto output to minimize employee interactions and work with local authorities. May have to do that anyways on some sort of short term basis.

• Helpful
Reactions: lklundin and Drax7
Big Q here:

GM currently has a market cap of $25b and Ford $18bn.

Does there become a point where all their corporate debt bankrupts them? I mean, is the debt secured against the trading value of the company? Or is it secured against assets such as factories etc?

Isn't it ironic that merely 2 weeks ago GM announced they are spending over $20 billion on new EV programs when their market cap today is $24 billion (stock down 18%!). That's not happening anymore. Even under the best circumstances, their EV push would not be able to catch up to Tesla's.

Tesla's lead in EV is insurmountable to begin with. COVID 19 will weed out competition sooner though.

Canada Dollar got weak in a hurry. I’m assuming it was mostly due to oil price drop?

Yes, Canadian dollar (and Aussie ones) are tied to commodity prices. Great in boom times and crap during crisis.

Now you’ve lost your mind if you’re questioning Tesla’s resolve to fight everything that is wrong, stupid, unfair or otherwise. Never mind that Tesla is now in a position of strength. They’re no longer some powerless fledgling.

You and everyone else better hope Tesla stays scrappy and fierce. If they give up now, we’re all doomed not just the elderly or those with underlying preexisting conditions. All of us. I think you know this, but there are more and more people here who’ve lost sight of that fact. Forest or trees, people?

There’s a world-sized survival of the fittest going on right now in all sectors of life; whole of the population not just individual people, entire industries not just individual businesses, nay entire countries and their economies, not just counties or cities. The planet and every living creature is under assault and has been for some time.

This is where I inject some froo-froo, mumbo jumbo, so skip if you’re void of any type or level of spirituality.

When we as individuals fail to listen to God, Ala, The Universe, Alien Simulation, whatever or whomever you place your faith, eventually he, she, they, it makes us listen in a myriad of possible ways. I can give literally thousands of examples of this that just I have observed in my life and the lives of people I know, as well as documented in historical texts.

Point: We’re in the process of being made to change and have been for awhile. We’ve ignored the extinction of species warnings, we’ve ignored the pollution warnings, we’ve ignored the weather warnings, we’ve ignored the societal warnings.

Change willingly or be forced. I assure you no matter how much you think changing willingly will hurt, being forced will in fact hurt way more. Just take a look around you today.

I picked my side 8 years ago. I’m on team Elon come hell or high water. I have to say, though, that many here are not giving me warm and fuzzy feelings despite proclaiming to be on the same team. And don’t be mistaken that that’s simply or only a reference to whether you sold your TSLA stock or not. It’s not, not even close.

I’m am forever reminded that the human race is a plague in and of itself. I’ve got to go hug my cat now despite the restrained protest I am surely to receive. He and all cats know what people are about. I’ll still take him to the island, though. Rat control is important no matter where you live on this God forsaken orb.
This is partly why I bought today as well. Thx!