Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My understanding is that they also have to have some other medical issue, or smoke. Personally, I'm counting on the 50+ minutes of rowing five days a week (so far no shortness of breath) to keep me healthy (along with masks, frequent hand washing, and going only to the the grocery store--though I will violate this to pick up the new X).

Yes, of course underlying conditions. I should have included smoking - older population that smokes - to more accurately describe the reality of the situation in Italy’s population when being sarcastic in my post.

Funny, I’ve chosen the torture machine known as Bowflex to check my Covid-19 status. So far there’s a lot of medical issues, but not shortness of breath.

Yes, of course underlying conditions. I should have included smoking - older population that smokes - to more accurately describe the reality of the situation in Italy’s population when being sarcastic in my post.

Funny, I’ve chosen the torture machine known as Bowflex to check my Covid-19 status. So far there’s a lot of medical issues, but not shortness of breath.
I only have shortness of breath when I check SP...or get around cat's.

Jack should get more credits.
His analysis of $TSLA has been spot on during the past months.

Meanwhile, the perfect contrarian did this:
View attachment 523364

Spot-on as always! What a waste of oxygen...

Thinking about the not-a-shutdown at Fremont... Indeed, unlikely to impact Q1 that much as overseas already long gone and local US inventory can be run down to zero.

Regarding Q2, given that Fremont is battery-constrained, can't they just stockpile batteries/packs from GF1 until production resumes, then just ramp up ca production when it resumes?

Nice to see a bit of green this morning and what's that, a traditional MMD, how quaint!

Also WFH since the beginning of the week, but super-busy, probably worse than being in the office. Have been told this will continue until 3rd April at the earliest.

I just have to be thankful that I have a job that keeps paying in these difficult times, as does the wife.

Edit: 102 deliveries in Norway yesterday (bless them and splash them) 98% M3 or which 90% LR, 7% P, 3% SR+

upload_2020-3-19_15-30-22.png

Last edited:
I panicked. Sold all my shares @ 557 (cost price was around $200, accumulated since 2012). I trust that Tesla will be reinforced by the recession (being far better position for the future than its competitor) but I fear that the financial market can't correctly assess how much trouble the Western countries will fare in a lock down situation. I intend to fully repurchase my share as soon as I think the governments get a good grasp on the situation. Sorry for the anecdote but had to share my (bearish) opinion as I did comment bullishly in the past. And good luck to all my friends here who bought my shares at a good price. Peace.
Just for the sake of transparency: I bought everything back on Tuesday at $455. I'll be paying a big bag of tax next year. I hope this will go to the public hospital, and not to the fossil fuel industry or ICE manufacturers via some ****ed up bailout plans.

I sold all my shares at open yesterday. With Fremont shutting down for indeterminate period I think we are going to see the stock drop. Will slowly buy back in as it hits lows.

As someone who is currently invested in Tesla with leverage I can fully appreciate how during these days it can be difficult to remain level headed.

Still, since you closed your TSLA position yesterday I have to ask:

Is that you who started bashing TSLA on Twitter now?

Twitter

If so, I think you need to ask yourself if investing in a highly volatile stock is good for your mental health.

OK peeps. I jumped back in at 373 in a huge way. I now own more shares than I ever have before, by a country mile.

My helmet is on and I'm strapped in. Motion sickness pills are right beside me.

Sometimes you just have to do it.

Full disclosure: 10% of my portfolio is in TDOC, which I also feel is a very strong, long-term play. I shouldn't put everything into TSLA, right?

As someone who is currently invested in Tesla with leverage I can fully appreciate how during these days it can be difficult to remain level headed.

Still, since you closed your TSLA position yesterday I have to ask:

Is that you who started bashing TSLA on Twitter now?

Twitter

If so, I think you need to ask yourself if investing in a highly volatile stock is good for your mental health.

I bough Tesla shares over the last few days,. not bashing just don't want them to risk lives.

Last edited:
OK peeps. I jumped back in at 373 in a huge way. I now own more shares than I ever have before, by a country mile.

My helmet is on and I'm strapped in. Motion sickness pills are right beside me.

Sometimes you just have to do it.

Full disclosure: 10% of my portfolio is in TDOC, which I also feel is a very strong, long-term play. I shouldn't put everything into TSLA, right?
100% TSLA or you're a bear.

Is it still a hardcore lockdown though? Have restrictions not loosened at all?

As reported on Tuesday:

Wuhan, the Chinese city at ground zero of the coronavirus pandemic, will need to see 14 consecutive days of no new cases before travel restrictions can be lifted, a top Chinese health expert told state media on Tuesday.

Speaking to the state-run China Daily newspaper, Li Lanjuan, a member of the Chinese Academy of Engineering and senior adviser to the country’s top health authority said:

“If no new case of the coronavirus has been reported for 14 consecutive days in Wuhan following the last reported cases, we believe it will be a time when the lockdown can gradually be lifted.”

Tesla Upgraded By Morgan Stanley On Expectations It Has Liquidity, Access To Capital To Manage Through Virus -- MarketWatch

'Tesla Inc. shares (TSLA) were upgraded to equal weight from underperform by Morgan Stanley on Thursday, with analysts led by Adam Jonas saying their long-term model remains intact as the coronavirus that causes COVID-19 forces production cuts. Jonas updated fiscal 2020 delivery forecasts to include one month of lost production at the electric car maker's Fremont plant in California, lowering it to 420,000 from a previous 450,000. "We believe Tesla has sufficient liquidity and access to capital during this time," the analyst wrote in a note to clients.'