Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Remember the poll Mark BS Spiegel did on who should deserve Corona and the only option was Elon?
A lot of users (and me :cool: ) reported it and he got suspended for 12 hours (screenshot shows Spiegel violated Twitter's rules for misbehavior and intimidation)
View attachment 523492

WTF? 12 hours?

Who is the idiotic child making the rules? Really, 12 hours?

The penalty for that a$$hollery should be way more. Come on. If a high schooler did this the administration would likely expel them.

Bought a partial tranche of TSLA 2021 Jan 1000. The deals yesterday were better of course, but current price is low even if the delivery estimates this quarter are mediocre. Many companies will be hit badly this quarter, and earnings outlooks for most will be worse.

If Tesla earnings report isn't awful in this sea of gloom, the stock should go up. Let's see what deliveries look like in a couple weeks.

Thanks. Looks like they took the opportunity to make this part very clear to Wall Street. I guess we get more chances to add tomorrow or maybe not.

Our cash position at the end of Q4 2019 was $6.3Bbefore our recent $2.3B capital raise. We believe this level of liquidity is sufficient to successfully navigate an extended period of uncertainty. At the end of Q4 2019, we had available credit lines worth approximately $3B including working capital lines for all regions as well as financing for the expansion of our Shanghai factory.

Thanks. Looks like they took the opportunity to make this part very clear to Wall Street. I guess we get more chances to add tomorrow or maybe not.

Our cash position at the end of Q4 2019 was $6.3Bbefore our recent $2.3B capital raise. We believe this level of liquidity is sufficient to successfully navigate an extended period of uncertainty. At the end of Q4 2019, we had available credit lines worth approximately $3B including working capital lines for all regions as well as financing for the expansion of our Shanghai factory.

And no re-guidance, bodes well for Q1, otherwise they could have softened the blow with a statement here...

TBH I thought they'd already stopped production, so with this and continued production until 23rd March, it's one week more than I expected, which is probably the limit for Q1 deliveries anyway, and they can likely catch up in Q2 if they decide to stock-pile battery packs.

I'm certain they'll use the down-time to their advantage.

Good that they make a clear statement to put to rest all the FUD that's flying around.

Last edited:
This is excellent news :) Nevada still producing batteries, lots of cash and I'm sure they'll use the time during shutdown well.

I sure hope they are able to somehow update the Model 3 line with the improvements from the Model Y. If they had been planning on doing and had already had or ordered the machinery needed, it would be a wonderful time. But I doubt they were that prepared or have the foresight.

Oh well. I once again, probably did not pick the bottom lol. I do however think P/D numbers will surprise quite a bit for Q1 when they get released in a week and a half

Brilliant move by Elon, to retool Freemont to make ventilators. Still saving the planet and those that dwell here and putting his money where his mouth is. Hope this happens soon. 500,000 ventilators for 2020? The 500,000 EVs can come later in 2021. If I or a family member will ever need a ventilator, I want one with the Tesla logo. I am strongly considering reinvesting in Tesla after this move. It's not just about the money. We are all in this together.