Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well well well. Some guy sold me his/her tesla shares at 398 just two days back.. reacting to the plant closure news.
got shares at $355 last week which i never thought possible 1 month ago ... we could see these discounts again in the coming weeks but if you miss those dips $300-400/share may never be seen again ... TSLA has been re-valued and as the realization that climate change and pollution from fossil fuels has made this CV-19 disaster much worse hits people over their heads and they spend time locked down thinking about what type of future they want for themselves and their children the TSLA rocket will not come back down

this has been posted here before bears reposting over and over again

Still going up AH. 5%.

I saved some. Most of my powder went into buying Amazon and a few others during the last big dip.
Oh... I had stopped looking @@! Same as yesterday as I recall.
Do institutions (or philanthropist) have a new buying strategy, or are people generally getting off work and shifting their $ focus on TSLA? Like our own friends perhaps?

With Elon's comments on a Tesla HVAC plus HEPA filter, plus possible water filtration product, has anyone kept track of all the Tesla Home products they appear to be working on?

Soon enough, I think it may be worth fitting all these pieces together into a full Tesla smart home with extremely high energy efficiency, mass produced building components and far lower construction cost.

1. HVAC heat pump + HEPA filter + Water filtration

2. Whole-House Energy Management System
"Tesla Developing A Scalable Whole-House Energy Management System: New Grid Controller Manages Production, Storage, & Consumption" Tesla locked in a new patent for a distributed electrical grid management system, with capability to control everything from massive grid-scale energy storage installations down to your washing machine to keep everything humming along nicely. Tesla Steps Into The Utility Space With New Grid Controller Patent | CleanTechnica

3. Solar Roof

4. Powerwall

5. EV Charger

6. Lighting systems?
View attachment 525076

On the water filtration system, has anyone any idea how much water the HVAC could produce? I doubt it, but could it actually be possible for Tesla to make a fully off grid house product with no mains water or electricity?

Elon: "Could maybe tap the condensation for water too. Seems odd that HVAC systems make pure, fresh water & just dump it on the ground."

I have no idea what Tesla will do with lighting, but I see lots of potential for Tesla energy.

I made some comments on batteries helping to secure stable grid frequency and voltage in:-
Tesla Energy and utility scale projects

The relevance for this thread is the opportunity for batteries at domestic and grid level is huge, it is very likely batteries will have a major role in future grid management. Essentially stable frequency and voltage or Supply = Demand.

Reactions: Eugene Ash
I have several friends asking me if now's a good time to get into TSLA. I think this effect is also viral.
Here we go, bumpy as usual.

$750+ TSLA SP by Apr 1st... no joke either.

750? That was a fair price a month ago (we had the capital raise at that price). But the world has changed a lot since then. After buying back half my shares at 358 I was looking for a good place to add more, but this is not that level.

We're at 528 in after market now, will we be at 600 at the end of the week? That would imply hardly anything has changed. But we are just starting to feel the pain.

First there's CV. New York will be bad, really bad in 1-2 weeks time. And there are plenty of other states that are climbing fast and many of them have not taken strict measures to stop the spread. This will go on for months. Trump wants it to be over by Easter, but if he relaxes the rules the only thing that will be over is his presidency.

And then we haven't even started feeling much of the economic pain yet. It is going to be a long tail. The unemployment report will be the first ominous sign, but there are many more to come. Consumer confidence will take a big hit. Supply lines will be down or interrupted for a long time. China is only back to 60-70% of capacity, Europe's factories are compromised and India is now shutting down completely for weeks.

Throwing trillions at it will not help much. The problem is not that people don't have enough money, but that they do not feel like spending it (or even have places to spend it). And for the millions who lose their jobs, what good are $1200 checks which will last a week or two?

Tesla is well prepared to weather the storm and take off when the tide turns, but it will not turn for quite a while.

Today's 11% rise of the Dow, the biggest since 1933, shows the market is too eager and oblivious to all of this. It might be in for a nasty surprise. So I will be keeping my powder dry and be on the lookout for real capitulation.

Stay healthy.

750? That was a fair price a month ago (we had the capital raise at that price). But the world has changed a lot since then. After buying back half my shares at 358 I was looking for a good place to add more, but this is not that level.

We're at 528 in after market now, will we be at 600 at the end of the week? That would imply hardly anything has changed. But we are just starting to feel the pain.

First there's CV. New York will be bad, really bad in 1-2 weeks time. And there are plenty of other states that are climbing fast and many of them have not taken strict measures to stop the spread. This will go on for months. Trump wants it to be over by Easter, but if he relaxes the rules the only thing that will be over is his presidency.

And then we haven't even started feeling much of the economic pain yet. It is going to be a long tail. The unemployment report will be the first ominous sign, but there are many more to come. Consumer confidence will take a big hit. Supply lines will be down or interrupted for a long time. China is only back to 60-70% of capacity, Europe's factories are compromised and India is now shutting down completely for weeks.

Throwing trillions at it will not help much. The problem is not that people don't have enough money, but that they do not feel like spending it (or even have places to spend it). And for the millions who lose their jobs, what good are $1200 checks which will last a week or two?

Tesla is well prepared to weather the storm and take off when the tide turns, but it will not turn for quite a while.

Today's 11% rise of the Dow, the biggest since 1933, shows the market is too eager and oblivious to all of this. It might be in for a nasty surprise. So I will be keeping my powder dry and be on the lookout for real capitulation.

Stay healthy.
Historically speaking - based on prior big down turns - say we will keep going up. Just letting you know so u can make sure you don’t wait too long to jump back in. Not advice

Everyone of us knows current levels are not bad entry point in the long term, but we could still see better price in the coming weeks. It matters a lot if accumulating at $200 or $500. if investing $100,000 now and Tesla later hits $1 trillion market cap (~$5400 per share) it matters roughly $2,025,000. (disclaimer: counted in two minutes and after two beers, so could be wrong)

In a market like this missing one train is not catastrophic since there are tons of other bargain stocks. Waiting for the deal of the century might pay off especially for those of us already having a sizeable part of portfolio in TSLA.

Stay healthy.

You can tell what the market expects based on what is priced in.

Travel and Hospitality got hit the hardest, the market is expecting massive job loss in this sector with many are expecting to go belly up. Type of people displaced are low income earners.

Industry/Manufacturing is next with middle of the road income earners being displaced

Lastly is tech, which barely got hit at all. These are also your high income earners.

Of course the other type of high income workers being healthcare are unaffected.

So yes there will be a high amount of low wage earners losing their jobs while the majority of high income earners retaining their jobs. Perhaps places like Amazon and retailers can absorb some of those workers.

So yeah job numbers will be bad, but the amount earning power lost in the economy isn't as bad as the last financial crisis. Plus the service industry is extremely agile (they can lose and recover very quickly) vs industry and manufacturing. In fact those sectors are very used to scaling up and down workers depending on seasonality already.

Damn I had a buy at $350, missed it by a few dollars :( Now it is shooting back up for some reason?

Too bad, opportunity only knocks once, as they say.
Here's my 'not advice'... if it drops one more time, it might stop dropping just above that previous ATH $385 or so... maybe 395. Then it should be onward to 6K

You can tell what the market expects based on what is priced in.

Travel and Hospitality got hit the hardest, the market is expecting massive job loss in this sector with many are expecting to go belly up. Type of people displaced are low income earners.

Industry/Manufacturing is next with middle of the road income earners being displaced

Lastly is tech, which barely got hit at all. These are also your high income earners.

Of course the other type of high income workers being healthcare are unaffected.

So yes there will be a high amount of low wage earners losing their jobs while the majority of high income earners retaining their jobs. Perhaps places like Amazon and retailers can absorb some of those workers.

So yeah job numbers will be bad, but the amount earning power lost in the economy isn't as bad as the last financial crisis. Plus the service industry is extremely agile (they can lose and recover very quickly) vs industry and manufacturing. In fact those sectors are very used to scaling up and down workers depending on seasonality already.
This will be a very uneven recovery. People in serving jobs will be hammered, which is awful, but that's not a big loss to the economy.

The massive stimulus will mostly benefit those same bolded people (predictably). China is back on track after all. I really go back and forth between despair and optimism so I'm playing a middle of the road investment plan.

The green is hurting you, isn't it?
Kind of. I want to buy several thousand more shares under $300. And the Puts I bought as a hedge are red now. But I think today was a blip over stimulus package, and the dream that this will be over in a week. It is not possible for the shutdown to last less than another month, probably two months, and maybe three. I can wait....

I don't look at the New Cases number, but only look at the New Deaths number of USA, because it doesn't lie/hide facts.

Off topic and will not chase this rabbit anymore in this thread, but you have that exactly backwards.

New cases (or, more accurately, percentage of new cases) give you a good indication of the rate of spread, even if your denominator is off due to lack of testing.

New deaths are a lagging indicator—they tell you how bad the spread was 2 weeks ago. (And in the case of Italy, they are somewhat misleading, since Italy reports everyone who died WITH C-19 as if they died OF it.)

Also, might need to think of potential value of a “Tesla Coin” based on solar energy production and storage capacity under management. A Tesla digital currency backed by energy has some serious global value potential.

Every so often I feel like Tesla is playing around the edges of a whole new economy—digital currency, backed by renewable and fungible energy, etc—but I’m not nearly smart enough to tie all the threads together.

New NASDAQ short interest data for the 13th out!

16,158,160 shares shorted, $546.62 close that day, for $8,832,373,419.2 at risk.

3.1% dip in shares shorted, 20.7% dip in value at risk. Shorts covered, they didn't short it down that far.

Ihor posted on the 16th reporting 17.91M shares shorted, getting the direction of movement and magnitude in that whole time period wrong.

This will be a very uneven recovery. People in serving jobs will be hammered, which is awful, but that's not a big loss to the economy.

The massive stimulus will mostly benefit those same bolded people (predictably). China is back on track after all. I really go back and forth between despair and optimism so I'm playing a middle of the road investment plan.

Well they will get hammered for a few months. The good news about retaining high income earners is that they are the ones who have disposable income for eating out and enjoying trips. The sector is extremely agile and bounce back before you even know it. This is not one of those domino effects from the last recession in which some manufacturing plant went under in a town that crippled the local economy. One restaurant goes under, another take its place. Besides Tesla, who had the balls to buy that Numi plant and decide to replace build cars during the last financial crisis? No body.

Stay healthy.

I remember all the rip roaring bounces we had on the way to the March 2009 bottom during the last big crisis. The market is still pricing this like it will be over in a few months. Based on the modeling I’ve seen were going to be seeing limited economic activity for many more months. When we return to work it will be a “new normal” not normal, at least until there’s a vaccine widely available.

The service industry is getting absolutely crushed. Supply chain are being constrained and unemployment is rising at the fastest pace ever. The secondary effects from these will trigger a massive wave of defaults that will result in a deflationary spiral and credit will freeze up if it hasn’t already.

I used today’s rally to sell half my shares that are in long term capital gains zone and will be looking for a lower entry point in a few months time.

Not advice.