Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmmm...the stock price didn't even finish up 44% today. must have been those waskly fudsters and shorts. If it doesn't finish up at least 200% on Monday it will be their conniving at it again. Tesla today is worth at least $2T.
Dude, you're congratulating yourself? Tesla is worth no less today than it was yesterday. TSLA is being manipulated. You don't even know how today ranked in naked short selling. Not a good look for you.

The air in LA is so clean and fresh right now. It is amazing how much of an impact low emissions has on immediate health of the many in such short order. Just another point of evidence, a vastly significant one, that confirms Tesla (Elon and Co.) are onto something big here.
THIS! It will be most instructive to see if LA Clean Air ends up saving more lives than Covid-19 takes. :eek:

Think how the Word is getting out about clean energy in the world's most polluted cities. Beijing may have turned the corner on clean energy now; they actually act on the science.

Cheers!

...cats will be dogs, and dogs will be cats, it's a mixed up muddled up shook up world.
Thanks to @Krugerrand for being such a good sport.

tenor.gif

Time to click my paws three times and return to a more comfortable avatar.
--Woof!

I haven't seen this posted on the forums today.

Tesla is dismissing contractors from its California and Nevada factories, sources say

It's from Kolodny so take with a grain of salt. "Tesla has requested to end all contract assignments effective immediately."

Do they have full time non-contract employees that work on the production lines? Or is everyone considered a contractor there?? Does this mean they'll need to re-hire before production resumes?

Trying to figure out if this changes the landscape of near to mid-term production and if we can quantify to what magnitude.

Do they have full time non-contract employees that work on the production lines? Or is everyone considered a contractor there?? Does this mean they'll need to re-hire before production resumes?

You'll notice it only says that it would impact "hundreds" of employees. Tesla has thousands of employees. I think most of the production employees are FTEs, not contractors.

The company I work for let all of the contractors we had go at the end of today. So I don't think this is uncommon or an issue.

They will probably restart some/all of the contracts once they start the factory back up. (Or they will hire them as FTEs this time around.)

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: jerry33 and Jovian
THIS! It will be most instructive to see if LA Clean Air ends up saving more lives than Covid-19 takes. :eek:

Think how the Word is getting out about clean energy in the world's most polluted cities. Beijing may have turned the corner on clean energy now; they actually act on the science.

Cheers!

Attachments

• FE657888-98B0-483B-B14A-7F655F73C30B.jpeg
    FE657888-98B0-483B-B14A-7F655F73C30B.jpeg
    141.3 KB · Views: 74
If we had all done the same by listening better to anyone talking about COVID (with data), would you not have sold stock at $900?

Absolutely not. It’s called taxes and never again having the chance of getting back in at my low price. It’s called being an investor with a long term plan.

Just because many chose not to panic, doesn’t mean we weren’t listening or didn’t hear.

I’m not interested in getting in and out and stressing day in and day out about is this the bottom, is this the top, why is the SP going down after a good report, why’s it going up on no news, is it over bought, over sold, etc.

People have a tough time seeing themselves truthfully. The drama being created by many is just as contagious and it clouds and drowns out good judgement, common sense, logic, critical and clear thinking. Can’t see the forest for the trees.

Does anyone know if Elon paid for the ventilators personally or if it will be an expense in Tesla's Q1 numbers? Total cost looks to be $40m-$50m for those playing along at home.

View attachment 529136

Considering that there are Tesla stickers on everything donated, I believe it will be billed to Tesla.

Also what are we talking about here? Elon clarified that the 1200 vents he acquired were noninvasive Bipap ventilators. Those are not 35k each, but are about 800 dollars each(minus whatever deal he received since they were 5 year old overstock..clarified by Resmed on Cramer. Elon did also mention that they are deploying invasive ventilators at NYC and these are 35k each. He never mentioned the amount he is deploying.

Who invited this party poopers?

Perhaps the messaging is a little too sarcastic, but it is actually a positive one. I'm of the opinion that Tesla is so strong now that shorts and fudsters are nothing more than a pimple (or a boil at worst), while some still perceive them as a festering ulcer that could potentially kill the company.

To put it another way, last year they were kicking us in the balls, now they're "only" slapping us in the face. Still unpleasant, but a much more favourable outcome.

Even when the market was strong last year, a coordinated short/FUD effort managed to push the stock price all the way down to $180. Can you imagine if Corona had hit this time last year when Tesla had only one factory up and running, had far less cash in the bank and was already struggling with delivery issues at the end of Q1. Tesla raised cash at a stock price of $243 in May-19. There could have been a real, large dilutive effect of the capital raise due to fudsters driving the stock price even lower, or potentially an existential threat by making it difficult to raise the desired amount.

Now Tesla is strong, the best the shorts can do is drive the price to down a bit in the middle of a pandemic, and even then Tesla is still in the green for the year. It's a great place to be and it's only going to keep getting better as Tesla continues to execute and fudsters become even more irrelevant.

Do I wish we didn't have this fudster pimple.....of course, but why tell everyone that will listen that it's going to kill me.

We are going to see Tesla's stock price charge ahead over the coming years, they are just scaling too fast and the competition is too weak for any other outcome. Fudsters may make the increase slightly slower, but that is all.

Considering that there are Tesla stickers on everything donated, I believe it will be billed to Tesla.

Also what are we talking about here? Elon clarified that the 1200 vents he acquired were noninvasive Bipap ventilators. Those are not 35k each, but are about 800 dollars each(minus whatever deal he received since they were 5 year old overstock..clarified by Resmed on Cramer. Elon did also mention that they are deploying invasive ventilators at NYC and these are 35k each. He never mentioned the amount he is deploying.
Thanks for clarifying, post deleted.

Perhaps the messaging is a little too sarcastic, but it is actually a positive one. I'm of the opinion that Tesla is so strong now that shorts and fudsters are nothing more than a pimple (or a boil at worst), while some still perceive them as a festering ulcer that could potentially kill the company.

To put it another way, last year they were kicking us in the balls, now they're "only" slapping us in the face. Still unpleasant, but a much more favourable outcome.

Even when the market was strong last year, a coordinated short/FUD effort managed to push the stock price all the way down to $180. Can you imagine if Corona had hit this time last year when Tesla had only one factory up and running, had far less cash in the bank and was already struggling with delivery issues at the end of Q1. Tesla raised cash at a stock price of $243 in May-19. There could have been a real, large dilutive effect of the capital raise due to fudsters driving the stock price even lower, or potentially an existential threat by making it difficult to raise the desired amount.

Now Tesla is strong, the best the shorts can do is drive the price to down a bit in the middle of a pandemic, and even then Tesla is still in the green for the year. It's a great place to be and it's only going to keep getting better as Tesla continues to execute and fudsters become even more irrelevant.

Do I wish we didn't have this fudster pimple.....of course, but why tell everyone that will listen that it's going to kill me.

We are going to see Tesla's stock price charge ahead over the coming years, they are just scaling too fast and the competition is too weak for any other outcome. Fudsters may make the increase slightly slower, but that is all.

After listening to Rob's interview with many analysts, last year's push down to $180 was not by fudsters but were solely based on sentiment of extreme cash burn and demand cliff when Tesla had only 2 billion in the bank after failing to keep stock price above the convertible bond rate required for conversion. The big guns were asking analysts to calculate all of Tesla's assets at the time just to see what everything is worth, from IP to brand name to factory assets. The sentiment was just that bad..and then Elon didn't help with all the store closure announcements, reducing Model S production shift hours, and telling people on HBO just how close Tesla was facing bankruptcy the year prior.

After listening to Rob's interview with many analysts, last year's push down to $180 was not by fudsters but were solely based on sentiment of extreme cash burn and demand cliff when Tesla had only 2 billion in the bank after failing to keep stock price above the convertible bond rate required for conversion. The big guns were asking analysts to calculate all of Tesla's assets at the time just to see what everything is worth, from IP to brand name to factory assets. The sentiment was just that bad..and then Elon didn't help with all the store closure announcements, reducing Model S production shift hours, and telling people on HBO just how close Tesla was facing bankruptcy the year prior.

I think the product is one major disconnect between Bulls and Bears, Bulls drive Tesla's, Bears have never sat in one, or are in denial about the quality of the product.

If it wasn't for CV19, everyone would be talking about the pace of innovation, how Model Y is so much better than Model 3, then I expect we will all be talking about how much better Plaid Model S is compared to a Raven, And we will be talking about how other car companies are still struggling to match a 2012 Model S in many areas., etc, etc, etc.

The disconnect is about product quality and the future vs short term financials and survival... $8B in the bank is a lot of survival.

Seem to me we are now having the recession, (or whatever you want to call it), Tesla will survive and the Bears are running out of credible narratives, product quality and brand appeal are what counts.

Last edited:
It's unfortunate because there are often concern trolls here, but many have an itchy trigger finger and will lambast anyone with any critical (even if legitimate) questions if they don't trust them. ;)
It’s too bad he missed reposting all my “negative” posts where I took the time to stop and take pictures/status of super chargers under construction around the Pacific Northwest over the last year.

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
I haven't seen this posted on the forums today.

Tesla is dismissing contractors from its California and Nevada factories, sources say

It's from Kolodny so take with a grain of salt. "Tesla has requested to end all contract assignments effective immediately."

I didn't know they made rock salt with grains that big. o_O

Honestly, given the source, I wouldn't read ANYTHING into that except that being a private contractor won't save you from layoffs anymore than being an employee would. The plant is 75% shut down and we can assume only core employees and a few unskilled laborers are retained. This is good news as we don't want them bleeding cash incase this lasts longer than a month or so.

Disclaimer: I didn't bother to read it because it's written by a known FUDster.

Absolutely not. It’s called taxes and never again having the chance of getting back in at my low price. It’s called being an investor with a long term plan.

Just because many chose not to panic, doesn’t mean we weren’t listening or didn’t hear.

I’m not interested in getting in and out and stressing day in and day out about is this the bottom, is this the top, why is the SP going down after a good report, why’s it going up on no news, is it over bought, over sold, etc.

Yep. I sold my "trading" shares, that are in an IRA, last night in AH towards the top because I just "knew" it would go lower today. I initially set a $469 buy limit order because that is where I felt it would dip to. But the FOMO set in and I couldn't get any work done stressing over the possibility that it could shoot up so I repurchased at $499 in the morning. So I ended up increasing my trading share count by ~6%, where if I had just waited I would have increased it by ~12%. I'm just not cut out for trading, FOMO gets me every time.