Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
the tweets he made were stupid. they cheer on and side with idiot extreme right-wingers, and piss off huge swaths of potential EV buyers and Tesla fans.

He could have said nothing, and/or stuck to his usual Twitter persona: alternating being goofy, and bragging about SpaceX/Tesla. These tweets were neither. They were stupid, both from a content perspective and an overall strategy perspective.

Thank you. While I'll admit my reaction is far more extreme than yours, it serves an important point. This isn't the first time Elon has been irresponsible and reckless on Twitter and it won't be the last.

Jeff

or maybe he realizes there will be more deaths from starvation and other issues if we don't get the economy back to work. I feel for every person effected by the 50k+ deaths but at some point people must get back to work or we will end up w bigger issues than COV19. just my 2 cents and long ways from the intelligence of Elon.

gotta love anti-universal healthcare, anti-guaranteed living wage, anti-welfare conservatives wringing their hands about people starving.

i'm finding it hilarious how this crisis has suddenly instilled conservatives with a yearning to make personal sacrifices for the greater good.

I had almost the exact opposite reaction. That work activities that have a lesser risk of transmitting the disease are OK. Landscapers, greens keepers, etc. can go back to work.

That is one benefit, yes, and they are more likely to be self employed workers, or small businesses, than people who work retail. Less exposure to other people, like those in retail also.

Still, very limited effect that seems to largely benefit a certain sub-sect of the American populous. Not saying that's the intention at all, but I can see some people arguing that point.

"Poor" is a state of mind and it's more contagious than Coronavirus. I noticed your signature line makes the claim you are poor.

Unless you like being poor, and want to remain that way, I recommend you remove that claim and stop thinking like a poor person. Because words and thoughts matter. To climb out of poverty it is necessary to think like a successful person.

Without getting into raw numbers the biggest lesson I've learned in the last year of investing is the first ingredient to being weathy is always either "get lucky" or "start off wealthy". Im a software engineer in SF, but after I had one landslide trade it has been shocking to me how at a certain point money begets money. Wage stagnation and the divide between rich and poor is incredible, and I say that coming from having a pretty solid job. Side note I also drove for uber 4 years ago, had a negative net worth and almost no investments. Last few years have been interesting.

Point being:

U.S. Hunger Relief Organization | Feeding America

and be humble, nobody works 100x harder than someone else. The fact some people have 100x more than others is not a mindset, it's a travesty.

Last edited:
Elon's tweets have convinced me now, more than ever, that he needs to go. I, for one, will not buy another Tesla after his BS today. He doesn't remotely care about anyone but himself and the bottom line. It's appalling...

Jeff

Your reaction here is just as extreme as his. He's advocating going back with controlled measures and safety procedures in place. What's wrong with that?

Don't get me wrong, his "Free america" tweet is dumb, but his overall message of the above is fine. I only wish he communicated it way better.

You can't just keep things indefinitely down forever. Especially if the bay area counties are really going to be opening golf courses, constructions and everything. No wonder he is pissed.

I had almost the exact opposite reaction. That work activities that have a lesser risk of transmitting the disease are OK. Landscapers, greens keepers, etc. can go back to work.
That was my thought as well. Each of those activities don't require a person to be close to another, and as such, wouldn't aid in the transmission of c19. I think that's a great criteria for determining what should be reopened.

Reactions: madodel and jerry33
Side note before the ER: there might be some merit to stock going up based on AP progress. From the financial perspective it is a nuclear bomb. Just in short term (year or two), even if we think very conservatively, say .5M existing vehicles that didn't already pay for AP will decide to pay lump sum of $30K, that's $15B in the bank with next to zero marginal cost. Plus a large proportion of them will likely be profit sharing in the ride hail network. Silly money and that's just very short term. Any progress on AP should be priced in with an eye on how is that affecting probable future cash flows. Unlike everyone else in the race, Tesla is now testing the actual real thing that drives cars on city streets with a massive fleet and geo coverage, experiencing real life situations and FREE and willing supervising human drivers. It's no small potatoes.

Edit: something that might not be obvious to non-experts: yes the tech and expertise to produce working neural nets is essential but it is just means to an end. What makes the whole thing possible is the training dataset. Given a good enough training dataset, there will be many teams capable of training a good NN out of that. It isn't exactly that simple but the "proceed through the intersection" confirmation that Tesla is collecting on every intersection now is a massive boost to their ability to create a good enough training dataset to solve this aspect of self driving.

Last edited:
Do you think sending millions into poverty and increasing child abuse is ok?

I noticed that most of the people who react like Jeffro are people who still have a job with full salary and can work from home.
His attitude of aggressive public shaming to anyone who dares mention re-opening is just as bad as the extreme right wing folks in my opinion.

There is a middle ground.

PS - I'm about as left wing as it gets but I can't stand this whole public shaming campaign going on.

Almost 800:D

Sorry to keep on track
More/less/no advertising
Twitter/great/cesspool
politic's/good/bad

upload_2020-4-29_22-5-13.png

We touched 802 for a moment, but this is the lowest volume we've had for a while. Seems like most people are waiting for post ER to see how it goes.

Reactions: wipster