Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How can you not tell this is a troll?
A pretty bad one too. You at least have to do the compliment sandwich thing.

"Tesla is a great company. I'm just so concerned about the market that I'm worried demand will fall 42020^69% and they will be cash strapped that they will need to sell out to GM and stock might go to negative 1 jillion dollars. Don't get me wrong, they will be ok eventually but probably not until the year 2384."

Speculative but one reason for pushing the Semi to 2021 may be that they plan to produce it at the new GF (in Texas or wherever).
I assume it was because battery production isn't there yet but that's possible.

Announcement of next USA Gigafactory location maybe within a month but definitely within the next three months, per Elon yesterday.

• Helpful
Reactions: riverFox and EinSV
I assume it was because battery production isn't there yet but that's possible.

If it were only battery volume it might actually make sense to accelerate Semi production since Fremont is shut down but Sparks is about to open (on the other hand, maybe they can use the extra batteries for China?)

They do need 1 million mile batteries in production to meet Semi specs, so the delay could be both the need to have 1 million mile batteries in production plus the new GF. Maybe Battery Day will shed some light on this ....

Looks like it might be time to sell my ROKU. Seems I’ll be adding a fair bit of TSLA over the next couple of months. Already 3 shares required and it hasn’t been 24 hrs.

Edit: P.S. Why you helping me get richer? This doesn’t bode well for you.
I like a challenge ...and I have made great progress on my plans...even if I have not joined the Tesla BOD...yet.

Nope, it means they are about to raise again. With Fremont closed till June they'll burn through billions. Demand could also drop over next 3-4 Q's leading to a cash crunch
You act like you have some magical info that no one else has. People know that Tesla will burn through cash. They are forced to keep the factory closed. The stock market is forward looking. People already know that it’s going to be tough. I guess that’s a very difficult concept to grasp? This isn’t real estate, where the dominoes fall very slowly

Sucks that you sold your whole position and possibly went short. Trolling this forum makes you look pathetic and won’t get you a better entry price

So it appears that Elon's incentive plan isn't on hold as some here thought. From the 10Q:

As of March 31, 2020, no market capitalization milestones have been achieved and consequently, no shares subject to the 2018 CEO Performance Award have vested as of the date of this filing. However, if the value of Tesla’s closing stock price continues near or higher than the levels seen in late April 2020, the first market capitalization milestone of $100 billion is expected to be met during the second quarter of 2020. In such event, subject to certification by our Board of Directors, the first tranche under the 2018 CEO Performance Award would vest.

<snip>

If the first tranche under the 2018 CEO Performance Award vests during the second quarter of 2020 as currently expected, the remaining unamortized expense of $22 million for that tranche, which was expected to be recognized in the third quarter of 2020 as determined on the grant date, would be accelerated into the second quarter of 2020.

<snip>

For the three months ended March 31, 2020 and 2019, we recorded stock-based compensation expense of $66 million and $55 million, respectively, related to the 2018 CEO Performance Award.

So it looks like an additional $22 million will get recognized in Q2 that will make profit that much harder.

Please either think or stop! You cannot possibly be so naive to believe the stuff you're spouting. Some pessimism can be justified but skipping that facts cannot.

Lol, maybe you missed it but this traitor/troll sold out his position months ago and has been haunting this forum and twitter feebly trying to jawbone the SP down so he can buy back it.

Disgraceful, isn't it. :p

Speculative but one reason for pushing the Semi to 2021 may be that they plan to produce it at the new GF (in Texas or wherever).

This quite possibly, but my speculation is they will make the first batch (production test vehicles)in Nevada. From there once the finished trucks come off the line they will load them up use them to go to Fremont to deliver battery cells. Testing and delivery all in one shot. Then once validated they will produce at whatever factory will open up later.

Lol, maybe you missed it but this traitor/troll sold out his position months ago and has been haunting this forum and twitter feebly trying to jawbone the SP down so he can buy back it.

Disgraceful, isn't it. :p

I still have plenty in my long term account which I wont touch for over 10 years, my short term account though is long other stocks not short Tesla. Just warning you guys things are about to get rough for Tesla, don't say I didn't warn you. Stay safe guys.

Excuse me if I take your alarmist messages with a grain of salt.

On 23 March (when TSLA had a low of 410) you wrote:

I'm surprised you didn't just nuke the obvious troll last time (and this time).

Maybe you keep him around for comedic entertainment.

200.webp

Model Y. Demand for the Model Y is likely on the order of a million vehicles, perhaps more, per year. Even if this somehow dropped to 500k/year due to a recession, there is still no way the MY is going to be impacted whatsoever by demand constraints.

Anecdotally, people are ravenous for the Model Y. I posted a lead I found on Reddit to the Model Y forum that a Maryland SC had a few in inventory, and they were snapped up within a few hours: Northern Virginia Model Y started