Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sure, he has an interest in factories, and can point to china as a data point.

But that is what he should say. Be very specific and focused on what he knows, and offer solutions.

Sweeping generalizations like "liberate" and "people are forced to be locked in their homes" just comes off as stupid.
There are valid arguments from both side, but extreme measures (from both ends) seems to do more harm than good.

From one of Elon Musk's tweet he included data from data.chhs.ca.gov which shows that the hospital bed occupancy projection with intervention is wildly overestimating actual occupancy.

That indicated the current lockdown measures are perhaps overly restrictive, where the secondary impact from lockdown could be on the same order of magnitude as covid19, such as
- underutilized hospital occupancy compared to pre covid19 means that a lot of cases that would normally be treated are not being treated.
- elective procedure can include preventive/early measures for a more serious underlying disease, like biopsy for detecting cancer early.
- impact of unemployment will start being noticeable and accelerates

From another tweet by Elon, he is not suggesting lifting the lockdown measures completely. The current restriction placed on business are overly restrictive that it likely does more aggregated harm in total (because of secondary impact) compared to controlled lifting of lockdown measures. Simplified:
A) Let's keep the current lockdown going and see what happens
B) Let's carefully evaluate where we are, and come up with necessary measures to reopen economy carefully and safely.
C) Let's just reopen everything.

Elon Musk seems to be in the B) camp. Both A) and C) option will likely do a larger aggregated damage (i.e. covid19 + secondary damage). Alameda County so far seems to be in the A) camp.

Relevance to TSLA: B) option should be the optimal solution that minimizes overall damages. Given what Tesla learned with giga shanghai, fremont plant can copy their mitigation technique and not introduce additional risk.

The Dow Is Dropping Because China Might Once Again Be in the Crosshairs

So that title is from a Barron's article, containing a link to a MarketWatch story, that in turn links to the WaPo original, oof.

So we have the infamous "four senior administration officials with knowledge of internal planning" and "two people with knowledge of the meeting".

What may be alarming from that article is the statement that "President Trump has fumed to aides and others in recent days about China, blaming the country for withholding information about the virus, and has discussed enacting dramatic measures that would probably lead to retaliation by Beijing"

I don't know if that's what is impacting TSLA, but there are multiple qualifiers in the article such as "Administration officials strongly cautioned that the discussions are preliminary and that little formal work has begun on turning these initial ideas into reality."

down 30...after all time Q1
even by typical manipulation standards of thursday and friday this is a compete crock of bullshit

we’ll be back to 875 by wednesday.

but let’s keep clogging the thread with corona (there’s 700 pages and 13500 comments in 90 days in a dedicated thread to that BTW) and trashing elon about his comments though, that’s productive.

Yesterday in AH trading after the report came out, the SP was around ~$880, now its more than $100 lower.
What is this $100 drop based on ? All I see is raised PT reports and positive feedback on various media sites.
Market reaction makes no sense, not the first time mind you...

elon acting erratically and spouting ignorant ultra-politicized nonsense is probably the number one reason.

I did warn you guys, but all I got was abuse. I hope you all learn a lesson here. I hate to say I told you so.

you said it'd be trading at $100, ding dong. nobody respects your opinion.

Now it is $783
This really sucks and I regret that I spent hours to celebrate $870 yesterday
I think yesterday’s SP action is a short squeeze and now it is ended, plus weak long’s profit taking

Has anyone notices this guy's user name is "Quesder" which, if pronounced, is like "Crusader"? But it has "Q" instead of "Cru" so, it's a "Q-sader" on a TSLA forum making "TSLA Q-Sader"?
1f914.png

:eek: Shocking with what he's been posting.

what a feeble trading day after such good news. these wall street a$$holes can suck the fun right out of a kids birthday party. phhh. guess i have to wait for mon/tues/wed for the next fireworks show
: (

Well, it looks like we got our gains in the run-up to the excellent Q1 report. Considering the environment we are operating in this is not bad and leaves the door open for future gains over the next couple of months.

This is the beauty of being a long-term investor, you can keep your eye on the company, not the share price. And I like what I see.

Yesterday in AH trading after the report came out, the SP was around ~$880, now its more than $100 lower.
What is this $100 drop based on ? All I see is raised PT reports and positive feedback on various media sites.
Market reaction makes no sense, not the first time mind you...

They just released their 10-Q... those details... and because of the timing I suspect that raise is coming soon.

There are valid arguments from both side, but extreme measures (from both ends) seems to do more harm than good.

From one of Elon Musk's tweet he included data from data.chhs.ca.gov which shows that the hospital bed occupancy projection with intervention is wildly overestimating actual occupancy.

That indicated the current lockdown measures are perhaps overly restrictive, where the secondary impact from lockdown could be on the same order of magnitude as covid19, such as
- underutilized hospital occupancy compared to pre covid19 means that a lot of cases that would normally be treated are not being treated.
- elective procedure can include preventive/early measures for a more serious underlying disease, like biopsy for detecting cancer early.
- impact of unemployment will start being noticeable and accelerates

From another tweet by Elon, he is not suggesting lifting the lockdown measures completely. The current restriction placed on business are overly restrictive that it likely does more aggregated harm in total (because of secondary impact) compared to controlled lifting of lockdown measures. Simplified:
A) Let's keep the current lockdown going and see what happens
B) Let's carefully evaluate where we are, and come up with necessary measures to reopen economy carefully and safely.
C) Let's just reopen everything.

Elon Musk seems to be in the B) camp. Both A) and C) option will likely do a larger aggregated damage (i.e. covid19 + secondary damage). Alameda County so far seems to be in the A) camp.

Relevance to TSLA: B) option should be the optimal solution that minimizes overall damages. Given what Tesla learned with giga shanghai, fremont plant can copy their mitigation technique and not introduce additional risk.

He may as you say be in the B group.

But his tweets and earnings call language are totally C-ville.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Informative
Reactions: JRP3 and madodel
Great numbers.

Bad Elon.

Elon talking about public policy on a pandemic is like
Fauci talking about landing rockets on barges.

He may have some points, but overall, he’s just not quite on the actual reality and facts of things.

I’ll put in super harsh terms. If Elon’s mom just went through what my friend’s Dad just went through, hooked up to a tube, dying with his family stuck on the other side of a glass wall, he’d have a way different outlook.

Other than that, great numbers. Keep it up Elon. You are doing great work. Just don’t get ahead of yourself on things you just don’t quite know yet.

Just keep checking yourself: “Am I Fauci talking rockets?”

So my neighbor's uncle's daughter told me your use of analogies are lame. She said like really really weak.

Seriously, super amateur stuff I'm seeing here. Please keep your day job (and I hope it is not in the legal field).

Then you go on lecturing Elon about empathy and what he doesn't know. Then you proceed to give your wise advice to him. Then you get your "likes" from the same group of hypocritical crybabies. PATHETIC.