Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1DEAF012-01B0-431E-8F1F-88B8624C8DA0.png

2. The fact you have 100,000s to lose really disqualifies you from having the right to complain too much in the first place. (which is also why im not compaining)
LOL. What gives you the right to tell me whether I can complain or not ? Apparently trying to restrict other's rights is fascist ;)

ps : I've my stock from a long time - so don't really count "paper" losses. I had actually sold some 820 calls on my trading shares. So, nothing to complain about SP.

I'm more worried about Musk focusing to steer Tesla in these troubling times.

as an investor, it's your responsibility to judge his sanity.

i hope when you bought in, you weren't just signing up for cheerleader squad.

As an investor, I did my homework before buying the stock. I have a very close friend reported to Elon directly.
I knew Elon's reputation.

As I mentioned, my sole purpose to support Tesla is to promote sustainable energy and inter-planet species.
Those are two critical components to preserve humanity.

So what's our options. Is there any sane person willing to do both? Should we trust Jeff Bonzo more than Elon Musk on these two goals? How about Gates Foundation? Or Mark Zuckerberg? Or Richard Branson?

There is no one ever done much progress in the last decade more than Elon.
If it's not Elon, we will be still driving ICE cars today. We still have no way to send astronaut back to the space other than old Soviet Russia tech. There is no one's interest investing in fundamental technology other than insane people.

People begin to interest in battery because of electric car and renewable.
People begin to interest in space again because of SpaceX.

I quickly came to my conclusion that there is no alternative and climate change is existential threat -- a "I may not see my grand-kid" threat.

This year marked the hottest winter ever in human history recorded on Earth. Do you know that?
This year is also a drought year of California and the entire west is experiencing mega drought.
US megadrought 'already under way'

COVID will be a blip in history, do you know 1968-1969 we have 1-4 millions people died from Hong Kong flu?
List of epidemics - Wikipedia

But climate change will be severely influence of our survival.

I am here to keep my children and children's children survive, and I am serious. My investment is calculated to maximize my future generation's survival rate. This year's event is nothing comparing whether human can survive in the long run.

so you start accusing doctors of being greedy for money to intubate, death tolls being fake when all evidence points to the contrary? It's one thing for Elon to believe re-opening is safe, it's another to repeatedly wrongfully downplay the virus and then embrace conspiracy theories talking about fascism. one can make a logical, coherent argument or embrace 4chan level conspiracy theories and go on emotional rants imperiling his CEO position and destroying the brand.

Is it possible you have a reading comprehension issue?

Okay, MMs have parked the car at 750. I'm taking the rest of the day off.

So, I enjoyed my day off. Did I miss anything? :rolleyes:

Been ploughing through about 50 pages of text full of raging emotions. Luckily no one is packing here. Stumbled on someone called MaskOff. To all others: please don’t leave. We may not agree on everything, but everyone can voice their opinion here. No censorship is applied (if it stays within TMC-rules). Anyone who thinks this is an echo chamber, please let your sound be heard.

As for the SP: it’s amazing it didn’t drop any further with so many people here liquidating their positions. :eek:

Last edited:
I've been watching some of you lot crying and moaning all day here! I thought this forum was better than this. Many of the same people a week ago were talking of keeping powder dry to invest during a dip! Well Elon gave you $100 discount today and all I've heard is negativity.
Personally, I bought a few more at $705.

Can we all try a bit harder to act like seasoned TSLA investors and not newbies that discovered TSLA 2 weeks ago and got scared to death on the first 10% down day lol!!

To all the people criticizing Elon, I am not here to defend his tweets but ask you to think about the motivation for his tweets. Fremont is now shutdown for all of April and possibly through end of May. What do you think is going to happen to the share price in Q2 if the factory remains closed for most of the quarter. Although it may seem like his tweets are causing the stock price to go down, they are merely accelerating what was going to happen regardless. Battery day and the new factory announcement may halt the downward momentum temporarily but Q2 results will probably drag it down further. I think Tesla stock price is going to go through this roller coaster ride for a long time and it is not for the faint of the heart. As the company grows and the fundamentals improve both the highs and lows for the share price will keep getting pushed higher and higher. I strongly believe that Tesla will be a Trillion dollar company but still choose to have less than 15% of my net worth invested in Tesla.This allows me the peace of mind to deal with volatility of Tesla stock price.

While I was doing so, I comforted myself that the CEO that likes to brag how well he understands exponentials was on top of things at Tesla and was battening down the hatches for the biggest global economic dislocation in modern history.

I had this exact thought last night and I really appreciate your post putting it into context. If nothing else today will almost certainly precipitate a PR crisis response from the company, hopefully something positive emerges from that to help with the eventual (safe) reopening of Fremont and a path forward for the company in general. Thanks again for posting and best wishes to all in SG from a former frequent visitor.

Everything you wrote is true, Pez. I cannot say this is OK with me, Elon’s latest tirade. Even if I agree with the message, there is absolutely no way I agree with the delivery.

And you may be very happy with the timing of your sales. I feel the market is done with its irrational exuberance for now.

thanks, this was a good post. i have no idea whether it will be "good timing" or not, i've never claimed to be able to time the market. my investment was made on the premise of Tesla's inevitable long-term potential. Me re-evaluating Tesla's leadership is what led to me re-evaluating the inevitability of that potential, and reducing my position.

But ask yourself this: Financially, or even Morally on a climate change believer basis (which I believe you are) where do you go? What company do you support and invest in to get to the new renewable world we require to have a shot at not all killing each other?

I am sticking with Elon. Maybe my money will all burn. Millions like yours. What will it matter?

i didn't sell it all, i've still got money in Tesla. but unless something alters my assessments fundamentally again, my investment trajectory may continue downward. we will see.

He contains multitudes. He is contradictory at times. He is brilliant. He can be very stupid.

i also perceive him as exceptionally smart and indeed a genius, but sometimes stupid. i've known and worked with geniuses. none of them were right all the time. everyone is sometimes stupid. but there's a skill (call it humility if you want) to recognizing one's own inevitable stupidity, and gracefully backing up, straightening out, and resuming course. my worry is that his skill at recognizing and dealing with his "sometimes stupid" moments is poorly developed, and could have very bad long-term implications. it's okay to be wrong, as long as you don't blow up everything around you trying to pretend you were right.

And from a nerd / technology / long term financial perspective? This company is leaving everyone in the dust! Have you seen the competition? Lollloloolollllmaorotg! They are all crying COVID and running to mommy! Lolololoool. They have all thrown in the towel on their electrics (Dunno about VW. Think they still pushing it).

sure, and that's the other side of the coin. Tesla's current product lineup, as well as its development projects, are unparalleled. i have nothing but wonderful things to say about Tesla cars and Tesla as a company. But Musk steers that ship, and his blood pumps through the entire business. if i lose confidence in him, that's the same as me losing confidence in Tesla's future.

I really feel like I'm taking crazy pills here. How can anyone watch Elon embrace ultra fringe conspiracies and have a full meltdown and think everything is ok? He literally thinks the death count is fake. He literally thinks doctors are lying. This is insanity. Stop excusing it. It's not ok.

Yea, i'm pretty sure you have a reading comprehension problem.