Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Time to mobilize

I tried creating a thread posting below, but the thread hasn't been shown yet, think we need to mobilize on below, especially given below

-------------

OPERATION FREE FREMONT

Given today's events showing clear frustration by Elon with the state of our govt shutdown it is time we try to do what we can to help. We need to do this to avert the possibility as best we can of this current Fremont Factory shutdown going into the Fall or until end of year (even if only 10-20% chance this current shutdown going into Fall/election cycle and/or beyond, this is not a possibility we should ignore or take lightly)

Step 1:
Since all of us longs have a stake in how this plays out, let's open source the task on TMC to identify exactly
a)who the actual policy makers are for the Bay Area's decision to keep the shutdown in place vs. re-opening?
and
b)
how to best contact them (email addresses? phone numbers for their offices? etc.

Step 2:
c)
ask these Bay Area policy makers what their conditions are to let local businesses, such as Fremont factory, go back to work so we have some actual goal posts to at least hold them accountable to
and
d)
ask them to read the following and to use this as a guideline to open the economy up as soon as possible in controlled conservative manner

An Alternative Plan to Mitigate the Spread of COVID-19 and Get Americans Back to Work

------------

This possibility is why I changed my mind end of day and bought back some Sep calls :confused:

Even without this news, I shuffeled my Calls all day long, but held/bought Jun 22 Calls - 700 strike at end of day. Mostly doing Calendar Spreads - with Jan 21 Calls Options at 11-1200 price against them

Fremont and rest of World could not have stayed closed for ever.
Even Universal Basic Income requires people to go to work.

sure, and that's the other side of the coin. Tesla's current product lineup, as well as its development projects, are unparalleled. i have nothing but wonderful things to say about Tesla cars and Tesla as a company. But Musk steers that ship, and his blood pumps through the entire business. if i lose confidence in him, that's the same as me losing confidence in Tesla's future.

Not sure if my word could comfort you, but Elon is a mad scientist. I happened to be surrounded by these people.
One bright thing about mad scientist is that they would get thing done and never give up.
The downside is they are crazy.

Asking these people to behave is as same as asking my daughter to wear pants in the house -- literally impossible.
As long as they don't blow up my lab, following the safe protocols, and producing results in the long run, I let them be.

Unfortunately, I can't find sane people to do the jobs, so I am stuck with insane.

Asking these people to behave is as same as asking my daughter to wear pants in the house -- literally impossible.
As long as they don't blow up my lab, following the safe protocols, and producing results in the long run, I let them be.

Unfortunately, I can't find sane people to do the jobs, so I am stuck with insane.

in my experience, giving them a pass turns them into monsters.

Yeah, but remember Wednesday, that felt pretty good, huh?

After serious thought, and plodding through the last 30 pages of posts that accumulated while I was gone for a couple hours, I have come to two important conclusions.

Firstly, it was a really poor decision to declare general amnesty and clear out my ignore list on Thursday. I think that caused me to waste an entire hour of my my life today.

Second, I've worn out my ability to get hysterically excited over one day's stock movement. Today actually wasn't armageddon. Yes, from Thursday morning through Friday afternoon I lost a really big pile of money (on paper). However, from Monday to Wednesday night I had made almost as big pile of money (on paper), so when all is said and done this week my account was down just 3.28%. Having experienced the ride down from "funding secured", the Joe Rogan podcast freakout and the Covid-19 ride from $900's to $300's just a couple months ago, that is just a blip.

My biggest disappointment this week? No mention on the conference call about progress on the new Roadsters.

Holding Long.

(Not an advice! I think my posts over the years have received a few hundred "Funny" ratings and only 8 "Informational", so I am first to admit I have no investment knowledge to share, I operate on gut feel and dumb luck.)

I’m definitely not going to need an island greeter, but I am going to need a water boy to serve the participants in my new anger management classes.

You should apply, but I can’t guarantee you’ll get the position. There’s a skill testing question involved that must be answered correctly without the use of a calculator/calculator APP. I’m not sure you’re up to the task.
Ok cat...just because I am thinking about wall mart greeter does not mean I am desperate.
The only reason was because I have not heard back about the BOD position at Tesla.
Now with the recent...um...drama I think they may have some opening's.

So thanks for the offer but as you can see I have some pretty sweet opportunity's lined up.

in my experience, giving them a pass turns them into monsters.
Everyone has different red line. I didn't give them pass if they break safety protocol. They would get fired. That's my red line.

My red line to Elon is full-fill his promise to transition our civilization to sustainable energy and inter-planet species.
If he deviate from his goal, then I will pull out of my money.

MaskOff/Musk Off showed exact same writing style as a certain CEO. Pity we banned him without foresight. He could´ve revealed more.

Elon Musk joins Tesla Motors Club, racks up 123 disagrees, and gets banned in less than a day. That would be about the perfect way to end the day. Lol!
97FEB2F5-D8A6-4637-9458-16DF5AFC801D.jpeg

Does this mean Fremont is days away from opening?
Thinking about an auto factory opening seems low risk, if Tesla or any company can demonstrate the ability to be smart about sanitation and social distancing than opening up should be easy. Those factories have far worse substances to breathe in than a virus. Tesla will protect its employees and the short term growth of Tesla will secure jobs for many years.

However, this push back has likely planted the seed in Musk head to get out of there. I’d expect a slow transition out of California for Tesla HQ’s. It will be costly, but at some point in the future it will be feasible. I don’t think Musk will let this go.