Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is not the way Elon operates. He is a brilliant, unbelievably hard-working visionary and yet still sometimes emotionally immature (like many of us). This is what you get with him sometimes among all the other amazing things. Now if Tim Cook was behaving this way, then there would be cause for alarm, lol.

Here's the problem with your analysis. Neither you nor I know why he made the tweet that he thought the market value was too high. He's done this before multiple times and it's always turned out fine in the end. Tesla is growing at such a high rate, what is over-valued at one point in time, is under-valued when conditions on the ground change. It could be that Tesla gets the go-ahead to re-open on May 11th and Musk thinks TSLA is undervalued at $700.

We don't know why he made the tweet but I doubt it's because he's "emotionally immature". Sure, it's possible but I wouldn't jump to that conclusion. For all we know, he could have got wind of a plan by market manipulators (who had been accumulating shares) to dump them all at once while simultaneously shorting the hell out of it, synchronized with negative news releases and who knows whatever else in order to crater the price. You know, a normal bear raid. Knowing he didn't have enough proof for the SEC to do jack sugar, he took matters into his own hands and pre-empted them, costing them a lot of money and giving people on the sidelines a chance to get in on the cheap knowing the shares were going down for non-fundamental reasons. That could really throw a wrench into the most carefully laid plans.

My point is not that's what happened - it's that we don't know what happened but there's a reason he tweeted that and I doubt it has anything to do with emotional immaturity.

Elon Musk
Replying to
@Nfdguy
As always, I am optimistic about Tesla long-term

Twitter

Ladies and gentlemen, the TSLA stock sale has now concluded. We wish you a happy, relaxing weekend!

I think this tweet warrants highlighting again, since this thread is going so fast.

Screenshot from 2020-05-01 18-27-41.png

It puts today in perspective.

It means there has not been a fundamental shift in Elon's behavior. It's like every other time he's tweeted that the stock price is too high in the short term, but will go up in the long term.

This tweet gives me the confidence to continue holding TSLA.

Thinking about an auto factory opening seems low risk, if Tesla or any company can demonstrate the ability to be smart about sanitation and social distancing than opening up should be easy. Those factories have far worse substances to breathe in than a virus. Tesla will protect its employees and the short term growth of Tesla will secure jobs for many years.

However, this push back has likely planted the seed in Musk head to get out of there. I’d expect a slow transition out of California for Tesla HQ’s. It will be costly, but at some point in the future it will be feasible. I don’t think Musk will let this go.

If we looked at Fremont factory flow vs. Shanghai factory flow, it is very inefficient.
Google Image Result for https://www.gearprimer.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/tesla-factory-learning-site-layout-fremont-vs-shanghai-image-1.jpg

I would also transition factory out of California, not because of the recent events, but it has clearly became a bottleneck of production and quality control.

I think it was the Tesla stock too high followed by I’m selling everything tweeet that was just a one two killer for the 10% drop. Honestly I saw that and was waiting for the price to plummet below 500. It just seemed like an unhinged breakdown. As the day went on the only tweet that mattered was the Tesla stock too high. It was just a shocking surreal moment. I’m actually impressed more people were rational enough to hold here.

However, we will now have to take on the SEC investigating headlines and scare articles. Investors will be scared.

But as I said I’m all in as long as Musk is in control. We might dip to 300 or we might go to 3000. Enjoy the ride

If we looked at Fremont factory flow vs. Shanghai factory flow, it is very inefficient.
Google Image Result for https://www.gearprimer.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/tesla-factory-learning-site-layout-fremont-vs-shanghai-image-1.jpg

I would also transition factory out of California, not because of the recent events, but it has clearly became a bottleneck of production and quality control.

Could make sense as they transition to improved Model 3 design with cast body pieces. Design studio and software team could stay in California.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
that's fine, do you think institutional shareholders will be ok with entrusting their money in a dude who believes 4chan level conspiracy theories? do you think the SEC doesn't see an easy target in a guy whose public approval has never been lower and just destroyed investor capital ?

I actually don’t care what institutional shareholders think. And I certainly don’t care what the SEC thinks.

Truth.