Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon reply Gali:

With:

Now I’m excited about Battery Day, seems more than we are expecting.
These youtube personalities have taken to putting words into Elon's mouth, misrepresented a s quotes, then hoping they can trigger a reply.

Not helpful. Gali has very little actual knowledge of science, chemistry, engineering, and manufacturing. He's a (recent) biz grad, with a tendency to seek information that reinforces his own preconception.

This bty day tweet is not the most blatent example. His electric supersonic VTOL jet was a whopper, which Elon deflatted in person during the Jan 2020 3rd Row appearance.

I seldom watch Gali's videos anymore. He's all speculation and hand waving now (literally).

I seldom watch Gali's videos anymore. He's all speculation and hand waving now (literally).

I love Gali's videos. His logic is flawless and his graphical analysis is excellent

Yes he isn't always right, and he freaks out and panics a little too much, but it is also great that he explains why and you can completely relate to what he is thinking

I look forward to all the Hyperchange content. NowYouKnow is also excellent, more polished and entertaining, but sometimes a little slow for me, If I have 10mins, I prefer watching Gali

This book is my humble recommendation, especially in the age of misinformation.

A Field Guide to Lies: Critical Thinking with Statistics and the Scientific Method
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WYV9LMN/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_X6ISEbCGZRKBR

Lol, unsurprisingly, all 6 print, e-book, and audiobook copies of this title are currently available at my local library (although with the shutdown, only the 4 digital resources are available via download).

More anecdotal proof that we live in a Kardashian Type 0 Civilization. :p

Cheers!

I’m using my shares to help buy my Tesla. And if they go high enough, Tesla Solar on my house. :eek:

So both. ;)

Yeah, bought two for myself already, will get MY for wife next year and then RII or MS Plaid for myself - not decided on that yet. So doing y bit too, but never by selling my core shares, I let my company pay for these :D

I love Gali's videos. His logic is flawless and his graphical analysis is excellent

Yes he isn't always right, and he freaks out and panics a little too much, but it is also great that he explains why and you can completely relate to what he is thinking

I look forward to all the Hyperchange content. NowYouKnow is also excellent, more polished and entertaining, but sometimes a little slow for me, If I have 10mins, I prefer watching Gali
I do watch NowYouKnow but it often has mistakes and misinformation. And annoying statements like “we can only show you in our Patreon”.

It's true, and herein lies the most negative aspect of Elon's recent, "PR" campaign. Some here view his recent tweet storms as 4D chess. Maybe. I sincerely hope that behind the scenes Tesla is mounting a vigorous campaign with state and county officials to negotiate a factory restart ASAP. But there is not much visible beyond the tweets.

In Washington State a very visible grass roots campaign was mounted against the state's ban on fishing in the state, and was ultimately successful https://www.thenewstribune.com/news/special-reports/article242320186.html.

There are a few here who would like to see Tesla advertise. Now would be a very good time for Tesla to spend some dough on a PR campaign to encourage the state/county whoever to get open and running those industries critical to addressing the climate crisis. If there is any state in the country that would be sympathetic to this it would be CA. (IMO if Jerry were still running things it would have already happened.)

Maybe its time for a letter writing campaign towards the same, and just maybe it would get Elon's attention and he would quit messin around with that kid and get with the program. Aren't there a bunch of CA politicians who would be sympathetic and interested in looking like they helped get a few Green jobs back?

Sure there's no visibility, but I'm pretty sure that if Elon calls the Governor's office then Newsom takes it... at the end of the day, the effect n the share price is irrelevant, it's the impact on the Mission that matters - every dat lost now is another stay of execution for the fossil-fuel industry at some point in the future.

Shame Arnold isn't still in charge, eh?

Max Pain shifted up a bit to $750, surprise, surprise! Same on Opricot & MP

upload_2020-5-6_14-18-16.png

Irrational low information cheer leading is no better than irrational low information doomsayers.

I believe @TrendTrader007 believes in his technical analysis and is playing with $millions and on many occasions I think his predictions would have been accurate enough except unforeseen events intervened.

I think rather than pointing fingers, mocking and fighting, would be more useful to engage and see what's behind the proclamations. Then a rational discussion could ensue.

Thank-you for summarizing my case.

Right :)

I see this type of YouTube content as both entertainment and education. It's great to see someone presenting with passion and trying to imagine the future based on data, evidence and trying to contextualize that information.

Whether Gali makes the correct conclusion isn't important because I am quite capable about making my own conclusion partly (but only partly) based on some of the data that Gali so helpfully presents. I love it!

The numbers for UK new car registrations in April just came out, and… it’s not pretty. A 97.3% drop in total registrations Y-o-Y. Which makes sense, considering the whole country was under lockdown.

But here’s a silver lining:
View attachment 538847
The cool thing about it is that the body that reports these numbers monthly typically refers to the Model 3 — and all Tesla models in general — as “Other”, due to Tesla not being one of its members. It looks like they were finally forced to name the Model 3 on this list since it would have been particularly weird to start a list with “Other”.

It seems (so far, from what I checked) that the media focuses on the huge drop in total registrations when reporting on this news, completely ignoring the best sellers ranking, which… is understandable given the situation. It is, however, a clear sign of what’s to (hopefully) come in the future: EVs slowly taking over.

The Telegraph got Tesla into the headline

upload_2020-5-6_13-49-35.png

The greatest challenges in my life are overcoming confirmation bias, and courting cognitive dissonance. Each day I strive to do better and keep an open mind. I wish that I were doing better.

Particularly when it comes to TSLA. The ability to discern signal from noise will enrich lives. Over the years I’ve watched as Elon Musk and the people at Tesla Motors have delivered innovation, invention, and ingenuity time and time again. Driving my Tesla for the past two years has only added to my confirmation bias; making it tougher and tougher to objectively entertain arguments from the loyal opposition.

Sometimes it’s just as great as it looks, smells, and tastes. Doubting that can mean you don’t realize the full joy.

Sometimes constantly trying to find the flaw can mean you miss all the awesomeness.

Sometimes it is too good to be true, but if you’ve done your homework and it’s still good then go with it. It’s good.

My experience has been that when someone says they aren’t sure they’re up to the task, that they’re not sure they’ve got what it takes, or that they don’t think they’re doing good enough; that usually means they’re doing just fine and more times than not they’re doing better than the person claiming to be the expert.

While the stock market is down...

So just had this crazy moonshot idea. Little bit of Westworld spoilers, so if you haven’t seen season 3 stop reading now. Anyway, Westworld starts out as a fun theme park, but turns out its purpose is observe people to be able to control the world. Anyway, right now Tesla has a million cars with 8 cameras driving around observing people with the purpose of transporting people from A->B and solving AGW. So they have a product that is also gathering tons of data, a lot like the themepark in Westworld. Also they can probably listen to what people say in the car, if not directly then through machine learning from the driver monitoring camera.

At some point this will be a very valuable dataset. 5G, Starlink, whatever comes next will decrease the cost to send more of this data to the cloud, AWS and GCP are driving down the cost of storing and processing this data. Want to find a person in the world, 8 million cameras are driving around could be looking for him. Want to contact trace a person’s every interaction outside and through windows to see who could have gotten Covid-1984, this data could be very useful. Want to see how people react when they are all alone, when they get triggered by other drivers etc, the driving monitoring camera will do this. Add a HVAC system in every household with sensors, gather data on their exact energy usage etc, at some point a very clever AI will be able to deduce a lot about all of us from this data.

Not saying Tesla are gonna go rogue AI anytime soon, but at some point Tesla will have an asset that could be extremely useful and probably monetized in many ways.

Data is definitely an area that is currently undervalued by many, including me. I've been recently introduced to the real magnitude of power that is data for my own company, and I'm still trying to recover from the shock. Sensors and cameras are gathering mega tonnes of it, and it will be monetised, making Tesla an even bigger entity than we thought possible through cars, AP, solar, storage. Additional mega revenue stream. Gigantic actually.

I have followed Tesla since 2013 and bought my first shares at $100 and have since acquired more along the way. I am long and Hodl-ing …..One day I'll get a Tesla – maybe even from share profit!

For 6 years through the Model S motor whining; the Model X delays and hubris; the Model 3 painful ramp-up and all the other excitements and dramas, I have gone onto TMC Forums on a daily basis for information; intense discussion; wise comments and so on.

I, like many others, was sad to see Factchecking and Karen leave (and some others along the way) but I hung in there as there was usually something valuable.

Sadly I now find TMC to have dropped to a level that is often petty; personal; picky; trite and banal. It feels more like lazy social media now with endless worthless and personal comments. The nit-picking about the Model Y gets just irritating. Following the Munro teardown, it is clear there is a fantastic vehicle in there. If one goes to a brilliant restaurant, clearly misaligned cutlery or poor service is 'unacceptable' but does it warrant public venting and shaming?

I do wonder if these posters aren't just dressed up trolls....Take it up with Tesla by all means but does it really make you feel good to air this so publicly and to sound so petty? Real first world problems!

Of course there are still gems on TMC but those are now fewer so I will stop reading every day. I will return infrequently and if there is any serious Tesla news I'll return for a rain check. I thought the general response to Elon over the last few weeks has been as unmeasured and unwelcome as Elon's comments. Some were just way over the top and often by posters whom I'd grown to respect.

I feel part of the problem maybe that Tesla is now more mainstream and the posters are no longer the pioneering crowd but the general disgruntled and negative public – many original posters anticipated this change long ago...…

Maybe Corona and lockdown has got to people and we're all cabin-fever mad and self feeding. But to assist me getting through this time, I'm going to go cold turkey on TMC for a while. I'll leave those of you who enjoy bitching and scrapping and moaning to get on with it.....