Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, what a load of patronizing BS. Just because he can calmly state his opinions on video does not make them any less problematic. Reducing his views to an "overall take" of "COVID19 response bad" is just ridiculously misleading.

I'm still waiting for any sign of a concrete plan from Elon and/or the company on how to get Fremont up and running, but again today all we got was more head-in-the-sand crap about freedom. Where is the plan? What sort of factory output is possible under various scenarios/requirements? We are likely stuck with extra distancing and protective measures for at least the rest of the year. These are the things that matter and I see no signs of progress, only distraction/denial.
Well, that info isn't essential for you to know. Why does he, or any CEO, have to explain every facet of every concept of every plan to you or anyone else? Just because you feel you need to know doesn't mean you really do.

Dan

Not sure why we are owed minute to minute updates and details on their plans. Much is out of Tesla’s control - they undoubtedly have responses lined up for various scenarios.

Well, that info isn't essential for you to know. Why does he, or any CEO, have to explain every facet of every concept of every plan to you or anyone else? Just because you feel you need to know doesn't mean you really do.
Dan

Nice to be lectured by a bunch of shareholders on why shareholders aren't owed any insight whatsoever into the company plan & forecast to deal with a health crisis that is going to affect operations for at least the rest of the year. Seems to me this would have been easily shared during the quarterly update, but instead we got, well, you know what... I'll leave it there because I know this is not a popular line of discussion in this thread, carry on.

Nice to be lectured by a bunch of shareholders on why shareholders aren't owed any insight whatsoever into the company plan & forecast to deal with a health crisis that is going to affect operations for at least the rest of the year. Seems to me this would have been easily shared during the quarterly update, but instead we got, well, you know what... I'll leave it there because I know this is not a popular line of discussion in this thread, carry on.

Ya!!! And they should have told us everything they were unveiling on battery day as well as an in depth update as to every aspect of FSD that is still difficult. Infact, I think they should have included the source code in the earnings call

/S

The new Joe Rogan podcast (#1470) with Elon now has 468,165 views on Youtube in 2.5 hrs • May 7, 2020

:D

I was #114... anyone lower than that?

upload_2020-5-7_22-38-27.png

There was an update by CA governor Newsom about an hour ago. To me that sounded as if manufacturing plants in general can be repopened starting tomorrow, heard nothing that would prevent Tesla to start up from this (though I am aware that Alameda county might have its own ideas).

Screenshot 2020-05-07 at 22.35.37.png

Gavin Newsom on Twitter

Regarding the county point of view, there will be a zoom meeting with the Alameda health officer tomorrow which was posted here before:

Mayor's COVID-19 Town Hall with Dr. Erica Pan

There was an update by CA governor Newsom about an hour ago. To me that sounded as if manufacturing plants in general can be repopened starting tomorrow, heard nothing that would prevent Tesla to start up from this (though I am aware that Alameda county might have its own ideas).

View attachment 539618
Gavin Newsom on Twitter

Regarding the county point of view, there will be a zoom meeting with the Alameda health officer tomorrow which was posted here before:

Maybe I was too quick with the positve interpretation. In a tweet after what I quoted above, Newsom writes:

Starting TOMORROW places like: -clothing stores -bookstores -florists -sporting goods Along with manufacturing and logistics associated can start to re-open.
Gavin Newsom on Twitter

Quite confusing :confused:.

View attachment 539618
Gavin Newsom on Twitter

Hopefully this Mercury Press editorial doesn’t sway the County Board: Editorial: Rush to reopen California’s economy is a mistake

I don't know how long you've followed Elon but I would affirm that this is how he thinks, in general. While we may not always be privy to the explanation, there is a rational explanation with thought out reasoning behind what he says. Even being somewhat seasoned, last week came as a shocker but I sold nothing. You'll get used to it :p
This is not to say he is infallible but as a general rule doesn't spout complete nonsense.

PS Elon's up to 35.8 million twitter followers now up from 33.3 last week. How many of those people are going to buy a Tesla? Incredible.
I'll take a "stock is too high" 1 day dip in exchange for 500k fans any day.
Elon is making serious inroads with Republicans then. For some odd reason, Democrats are for lockdown, and Republicans are for lifting it. I understand how the relation developed, but I do not see why it makes any sense. I have been accused lately to be a traitor of my tribe.

Maybe I was too quick with the positve interpretation. In a tweet after what I quoted above, Newsom writes:

Gavin Newsom on Twitter

Quite confusing :confused:.

Though written ambiguously, I think the your first interpretation is correct. However, more restrictive local health orders would supersede a statewide order, so I'm not sure this does all that much except to signal to local governments that it's more acceptable to begin to relax shelter-in-place orders.

Absolutely, Q3 and Q4 production and beyond are huge highlights for me beyond battery day. Q2 less so for obvious and forgivable reasons.
I appreciate your enthusiasm for Tesla. A week ago when the stock price was a little above $800, Musk tweeted, "Tesla stock price is too high imo" How do you interpret that? How does $800 too high today square with an expectation of $1200 just a few months later?

• Helpful
Reactions: Dig deeper
Finished watching JRE with Elon, At around 1:43:00 JR starts talking about intermittent fasting. Elon goes on to talk about why it’s important to not eat before you sleep, drops a lot of names of organs etc. Clearly Elon has been reading up on the health effects of some behaviors. Elon says that he don’t like to exercise, but that he lifts and does some running on the threadmill watching TV shows. Elon also mentions that he did lots of martial arts(BJJ, TKD, Karate, Judo etc), some in Palo Alto.

Imo this is the most bullish news, a lot of us were worried about Elon’s health and his sleeping habits. But it seems that he has a pretty good knowledge of health and some form of routine going on. Also Karpathy is a big fan of IF/Keto and Jim Keller looks pretty buff. Would not be surprised if biohacking, longevity, cognitive performance enhancing etc are popular topics among leads at Tesla!

I appreciate your enthusiasm for Tesla. A week ago when the stock price was a little above $800, Musk tweeted, "Tesla stock price is too high imo" How do you interpret that? How does $800 too high today square with an expectation of $1200 just a few months later?

Just to answer for him......It doesn't matter what Musk says or thinks about the share price. There's plenty of metrics when it comes determining stock valuations and practically all of them scream that Tesla is still vastly undervalued. Based on metrics, Wall st is saying Tesla is only going to grow less than 20% for the next couple of years FROM Q1 revenue numbers. Do you really believe that Tesla is only going to grow 10-20% in 2020, 2021, and 2022?

Lol, the Mkt cap of NYSE: NKE is $110.14B

TSLA's Mkt cap is $144.87B

That's 31.5% more for TSLA. ;)

33Billion is not nothing, of course. It was simply amusing to me that a sneaker company and a company that is and will continue to change the planet has even the same order of magnitude valuation.

Whew! You mean musk is not an irrational raving lunatic who is slipping into insanity? Whew!

I can relax now. /s

Sometimes I think the Tesla naysayers get into the heads of Tesla longs and plant little seeds of doubt that grow and fester. Pretty soon the world is a scary place and Elon Musk is an irrational lunatic. People that understand Musk knows he's as rational as they come. Sure, bad data in = bad data out but I happen to agree with his overall take on how poorly we are dealing with Covid-19.

lol For the record I wasn't one of them! I'm just reporting for the people here, some of whom I like and respect, that were worried Elon's spaceship was flying in a circle as of late.

Reactions: StealthP3D
Finished watching JRE with Elon, At around 1:43:00 JR starts talking about intermittent fasting. Elon goes on to talk about why it’s important to not eat before you sleep, drops a lot of names of organs etc. Clearly Elon has been reading up on the health effects of some behaviors. Elon says that he don’t like to exercise, but that he lifts and does some running on the threadmill watching TV shows. Elon also mentions that he did lots of martial arts(BJJ, TKD, Karate, Judo etc), some in Palo Alto.

Imo this is the most bullish news, a lot of us were worried about Elon’s health and his sleeping habits. But it seems that he has a pretty good knowledge of health and some form of routine going on. Also Karpathy is a big fan of IF/Keto and Jim Keller looks pretty buff. Would not be surprised if biohacking, longevity, cognitive performance enhancing etc are popular topics among leads at Tesla!

Tesla should hire me as their lead personal health expert (wearables exp, phd in biomechanics / exercise physiology / nutrition). I'll whip them into enough shape to boost TSLA 30% ;)

My wild guess is this:

If Giga Berlin doesn't hit a bunch of snags and Giga Texas construction is underway, TSLA will very likely be higher in 13 months than it is next month.

But the ride probably won't be smooth. It's not the TSLA way.
I do expect Tesla to be higher in 13 months than it is today, maybe around $1000. But if price jump up to $1200 next month, I would expect to see a pretty heavy pull back. I think we need to get out to 2022 before $1200 can be a sustainable price.