Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lol, also, was this interview recorded recently? These two clowns don’t practice social distancing, they are practically sitting on each other’s laps. :p

View attachment 540658
I reckon it is from 2017 - Lutz mentions Tesla making 100k cars a year and trots out all the old gargabe - Assembly tent; alien dreadnought; no profitability etc etc. Unable to raise funds etc. Lutz has not 'got it' for years....

Question for me is why InsideEVs should run it now highlighting the anti-Tesla bits and putting it tops of the pops.....?

InsideEVs puzzles me - pro-EVs and anti-Tesla - whose agenda is that?

That’s fair. Elon could have done that. He chose to test the trust the county had in him and his company. Apparently they trust falsified stories from short sellers and LA times reporters over the CEO. So it goes.

Morgan on CNBC asked Kara how she knows Elon hasn’t been in talks or come up with a safety plan, in which Kara said “well I don’t know, I mean look at the tweets...I don’t really follow the tweets but idk it’s Elon”
Yeah, fair enough, and Kara is clearly just speculating there. It's all moot at this point anyway and I'm really happy with the plan going forward and the market is already looking past the controversy IMO.

I wonder how many calls and emails the Alameda County Sheriff's Office are getting from TSLA short sellers right now..

Seriously. I don’t find anything funny about it though. The unfortunate thing is most of these county officials don’t know about TSLA activist shorts and are likely to mistake the calls for outraged citizenry.

Seriously. I don’t find anything funny about it though. The unfortunate thing is most of these county officials don’t know about TSLA activist shorts and are likely to mistake the calls for outraged citizenry.

You can bet Lora Kolodny, Russ Mitchell and their army of TSLAQ folks are absolutely all over this right now.

I don't think the county will buckle this time though, with all the support Elon has gotten, especially now with the Whitehouse backing Musk.

Mnuchin: California should prioritize helping Musk reopen Tesla – TechCrunch

In short - this has gone way above Dr Pam's head now.

Once they change Tesla's safety plan, they own it. And they can no longer blame Tesla is there are any hiccups. It will be interesting to see how they respond to this.

Will it though? Be interesting? I’m calling it. Big, fat splat. Until Tesla starts moving.

Elon laid out the requirement to keep his factory there - a certain level of treatment moving forward. Do the Alameda officials still think Elon’s bluffing? Mr. Haggerty: ‘(Meh), I’ve been threatened before (with lawsuits).’ Was not a threat, sir. Was a promise. Best not make the same mistake concerning his other statements.

I got thinking that it’s just not the factory itself. There’s the building they lease down the street to make seats. There’s the other building across the street (old union hall) that they lease for??? There’s the buildings in Livermore they lease for warehouse space. There’s the Lathrop building.

I can see a path to reducing the footprint back down to just the Fremont location. And then the question becomes, does enough go on in there to cover costs AND be profitable?

Science is validly questioned by those who understand it. Elon is no more entitled to question the Science of Epidemiology and the initial conclusions of the world’s leading Epidemiologists, than you are to question the Science of Quantum Dynamics.

Do you believe you are entitled to question the science of Quantum Dynamics?

Science isn't an altar for us to all bow down before.

Science is a process, and it is one that Elon Musk knows extremely well.

Questioning science is the right thing to do. Questioning public policy and holding public officials accountable is the right thing to do.

Yeah, fair enough, and Kara is clearly just speculating there. It's all moot at this point anyway and I'm really happy with the plan going forward and the market is already looking past the controversy IMO.
I Think the market was prepared to react positively to Musk this weekend, but China numbers were used as a catalyst to hurt us. It was obvious what shorts would do. They scare the market early in pre market low volume hours and try to set a tone for the day. Investors are dialed into Tesla’s long term story and with cash on hand Tesla’s long term story remains intact.

Reactions: wipster and bubb
Just as an FYI E*Trade is lending a few, very few, of my shares and the rate they are paying went up to 1%, meaning they are charging 2%. Ihor always says that Tesla has a GC, or 0.3% fee. So the stock of available shares, at least at some brokers, must be shrinking. (Even though the overall % of shorting is down.) I wonder if it is just at E*Trade, or are a lot more of the shares owned by longs now?

Yeah, which was revealed less than 48 hours ago after 2+ weeks of controversy and nonsense from Elon. Kara is right. Could have avoided so much scorched earth if they had just released this plan during the ER and said "we look forward to safely reopening on May 4th when the county order expires" to throw the ball in their court.
It was revealed publicly but do you know for a fact that none of it came to light during the "discussions" between Tesla and County in the past weeks? It certainly wouldn't have been very difficult for Tesla to modify the Shanghai protocol as needed.
I have my doubts that this is the first effort Tesla has made to appraise Alameda of their guide book.

You can bet Lora Kolodny, Russ Mitchell and their army of TSLAQ folks are absolutely all over this right now.

I don't think the county will buckle this time though, with all the support Elon has gotten, especially now with the Whitehouse backing Musk.

Mnuchin: California should prioritize helping Musk reopen Tesla – TechCrunch

In short - this has gone way above Dr Pam's head now.

If there is one county in this entire nation that would stand in defiance to the current federal administration, it would be the county in question.

Just as an FYI E*Trade is lending a few, very few, of my shares and the rate they are paying went up to 1%, meaning they are charging 2%. Ihor always says that Tesla has a GC, or 0.3% fee. So the stock of available shares, at least at some brokers, must be shrinking. (Even though the overall % of shorting is down.) I wonder if it is just at E*Trade, or are a lot more of the shares owned by longs now?

On this topic, Tesla short interest as of 4/30 will be released today after market hours here:

Tesla, Inc. Common Stock (TSLA) Short Interest

Still 0.25% at IB with million shares available to short

And have the good grace to come with some evidence to back up the assertions that he just blew up his business. Or at least flog the theory there’s going to be a demand issue. I’m getting tired of people beating around the bush, especially concerning the news out of China this morning. I’ve got my abacus and my opposable thumbs out, poised to add shares.

I don't know what you're talking about. I think Tesla is in great shape,
I never sold anything but 7 shares (which I bought back) 3 months ago,
and I still think Elon is probably the major force behind Tesla.

I also happen to think that his twitter communication skills are abysmal, and that feuding with everyone
should be something a smart man like he is should do. I personally don't get it.
Is this enough to make me question my investment and the mission? Nope.

Ont the other hand, the Tesla Safety handbook - in my humble, useless opinion - was a genius move, and that should be the news. Unfortunately it's not, and he's partially to blame for that.

I wonder how many calls and emails the Alameda County Sheriff's Office are getting from TSLA short sellers right now..

Enough to wear out their welcome? I'm sure the Sheriff just wants to forget about this whole ordeal. LEO's don't like to be told to pound sand by someone that has a bigger set of balls than themselves, especially when it's such a public situation and there is absolutely nothing they can do to turn it around.

giphy.gif

Does “injuctive relief” take effect when its filed, or does a judge have to review it first?

Tesla's court filing reads:

"PRAYER FOR RELIEF

"In light of the foregoing, Plaintiff respectfully prays that this Court:

A. Issue a permanent injunction enjoining enforcement of the Third County Order against Plaintiff;"​

How do you interpret what Tesla is asking the court to do?

• Helpful
Reactions: Lessmog
In that case, should we be sending emails praising Tesla for opening to balance it out? Anyone wants to draft an email?

Reactions: UncaNed