Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For better or worse, there seems to be broad support in the US for some sort of action on China. This is a risk for Tesla.

I disagree. Anecdotally, from my work to my personal life, I’ve not had single person actually discuss or mention this sentiment. The only time it was brought up in my presence was as a reference to a joke about it, or it was a news agency report that there are “racial tensions” because of it, usually the detriment of the Asian-American populous like assault or tagging.

FWIW, that is the last possible Tuesday based on Delaware corporation laws. Last year's was June 11 and they must be held at least every 13 months.

I bet this is because of COVID-19 and wanting to have people physically there, and not a bad news delay. I think the market will also believe this, but I also think a few agents will try to make it seem far worse for the delay.

• Helpful
Reactions: Curt Renz and mongo
Rob (Tesla Daily) got invited to write articles for his own section at TheStreet.com. This should help increase exposure of quality Tesla information to a wider audience!

Announcement
Hi everyone,

Today, I have a very exciting announcement to make. TheStreet.com has decided to add Tesla Daily as a standalone page on their website at www.thestreet.com/tesladaily. It should go live around 1pm PST today, May 28. This is an additional medium and will not impact the podcast or YouTube videos in any way. I am still completely independent, with absolute control over my content. TheStreet will simply help get that content out to more people and give me a platform for additional content while growing the audience and network. I think this is going to lead to other great opportunities, as well.

This is another huge step forward in accomplishing the goal I have had from the start with Tesla Daily, get accurate and valuable information out to as many people as possible. Back in August last year, when I announced that I would be focusing on these projects full-time, I posted this:

"Podcast shareability and searchability are poor. We need content that can do more. I want to bring the same rational, authentic, anti-sensational, anti-clickbait mindset that I approach this podcast with every day to a broader audience through different mediums. I want to make a bigger impact. I want us to make a bigger impact."

The vision was clear, and I'm so excited to be able to move that vision forward one more step today. This move would not be possible without the incredible support on Patreon.

For some background on how this came to be, a few months ago a Tesla Daily listener who works with TheStreet reached out and asked if I might be interested in this partnership. He's been listening for a long time and that was very clear from our many conversations. Because of that, he completely understood my goals and my motivations, and how different those are from the norm. This was a huge factor for me. I was skeptical at first, I think we all know how I feel about mainstream media. After a lot of discussion, I realized how unique this opportunity was and how good of a fit it would be. Having the opportunity to remain completely independent while having a major publisher distribute my work to a broader audience is exactly what I didn't know I was looking for.

There's no catch here. TheStreet will make money from ads on my content and I'll get a cut. That's it, exactly like YouTube. I think you all know I'm not big on ads, but ads are the vessel that allows for broader distribution. If I didn't have YouTube ads turned on, YouTube would have no incentive to show more people my content because they would lose money on it. If I didn't agree to have ads on TheStreet site, well, they wouldn't be interested in my content. The podcast remains ad free, just like it has been from the start.

The other big thing here is that I can opt out at any time. If I don't like how it goes, it's done. We move on. As always, I welcome your feedback.

This is not the end of progress. There are always things happening behind the scenes here, always ideas flowing. I think we are just at the beginning of this journey. Again, I want to thank all of you. Without you, Tesla Daily would have died off. This hasn't been easy, and I thought about giving it up so many times over the years, but what kept me going was knowing how much it must mean to all of you to sacrifice your time and your money to support me.

Thanks for giving me a voice.

Talk soon,

Rob

Mauer vs Anton/Wanton? .. StreetFight .. Cramer Refree

TSLAQ is a joke, didn't even notice my profile picture
upload_2020-5-28_14-14-16.png

I guess I don't see where you are going with this except to say you think Tesla will disappoint? I use a question mark because your message is unclear but it seems to be one of caution and worry and fear without really speaking to anything that isn't always present or identifying anything beyond what seems to be your gut feeling. Yet it is stated more as a matter of fact. I wouldn't be so confused if you had simply stated your gut feeling is telling you these things but instead you tried to support it with a bunch of gobbly-gook that has no basis (that I can see) in reality.
It's neither a a statement of fact nor a gut feeling because it's not my worry that Tesla will disappoint. I simply pointed out the risks perceived by institutions that are trivialized here, in response to the expectation that TSLA should be bought more in anticipation of a Q3 rebound. They're trivialized as the global economic conditions are not given enough consideration on this board. I can guarantee you one thing: if I'm worried about Tesla's execution I'll just sell the stock and be gone for good. That being said, I just don't find discussions on Tesla confined in a bubble during this uncertain time particularly fulfilling.

Last edited:
TSLAQ is a joke, didn't even notice my profile picture
View attachment 545716
Regarding your question, this poster reported that retrofitting is planned.
You guys are lucky. I just tried the chat method and they stated it would change the price of the car and of FSD. So basically a $3,000 tow hitch. He did say it will be available as an add on accessory after delivery.

I disagree. Anecdotally, from my work to my personal life, I’ve not had single person actually discuss or mention this sentiment. The only time it was brought up in my presence was as a reference to a joke about it, or it was a news agency report that there are “racial tensions” because of it, usually the detriment of the Asian-American populous like assault or tagging.

I believe since you are overseas you may be missing US views. FWIW: there has been bi-partisan support in punishing China (which in itself is a miracle). One article: Congress may unite on fighting China with $100B tech industry boost

I think America needs to stop sticking its nose into other country's problems and put its own house in order.
The problem is that there is zero political will to put its own house in order. There is plenty of political will to provide scapegoats as a distraction from poor policy.

Just wait. Tomorrow Trump will impose additional tariffs on China.
This is the greatest threat there is to TSLA.

Trade is how the global economy ramps up to put this recession/depression behind us. Significant trade sanctions at such a vulnerable time are like an airplane hitting the breaks just prior to rotation at takeoff. The market understands this.

The "preferred" time for a trade war is during a period of prosperity and growth because there is some cushion.

I am mad as a hornet at China's government and think severe punishment is merited because of their handling of COVID-19. That said, rational thinking instead of knee-jerk anger, must prevail.

Let's see.

Reactions: MC3OZ and X Fan
The problem is that there is zero political will to put its own house in order. There is plenty of political will to provide scapegoats as a distraction from poor policy.

Yup...a bi-partisan problem....USA's political leadership (at all levels including both the Fed & the States/cities) is absolutely the weakest in my 60+ years.