Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
CNBC not covering TSLA as a pre-market mover. Strange, since they usually write an entire headline story when it's down .1% in pre-market.

Stocks making the biggest moves in the premarket: Eli Lilly, Coty, Amazon, Zynga, Delta & more
Stocks making the biggest moves in the premarket: Eli Lilly, Coty, Amazon, Zynga, Delta & more
We need dozens of Tesla employees taking a longer bathroom break than normal in order to get Lora interested in writing a story.

I won’t be trading on this, but last time Ron Baron was scheduled on tv to talk about Tesla, if Jim Cramer is to be believed, the hedge funds took advantage of the positive sentiment predictably created by it before dropping the price from $960 to $880 in no time flat. This drop was in the last hour of trading. We will be in a similar position *next Monday* (although that was at the end of a weeks-and-weeks-long bull run) so we will see if they try the same trick twice (again, if this was what happened).

(Edited to change date to next Monday (thanks @vikings123 ) add time of price drop and difference of long, stale bull run)

Last edited:
Reactions: elasalle
I won’t be trading on this, but last time Ron Baron was scheduled on tv to talk about Tesla, if Jim Cramer is to be believed, the hedge funds took advantage of the positive sentiment predictably created by it before dropping the price from $960 to $880 in no time flat. We are in a similar position now, so we will see if they try the same trick twice (again, if this was what happened).

I remember that. I'm watching carefully with concerns for my covered calls. No Ron yet though ...

CNBC...

upload_2020-6-1_15-5-33.png

I have just finished my posting career after a similar incident. I wish the best for everybody. Good buy.

Hey guys, I love this forum, but when factchecking and Karen were here, it was the no.1 source of great info about Tesla. Now, well, its just slightly entertaining every now and then...

Now here's a thought. Maybe TSLAQ infiltrated the forums' moderation team? It makes perfect sense!

…..except TSLAQ are not usually intelligent enough to do something that strategic!

Hey guys, I love this forum, but when factchecking and Karen were here, it was the no.1 source of great info about Tesla. Now, well, its just slightly entertaining every now and then...

Now here's a thought. Maybe TSLAQ infiltrated the forums' moderation team? It makes perfect sense!

…..except TSLAQ are not usually intelligent enough to do something that strategic!

What is now the #1 source?

Good question

I look across a lot of different sources now, when before I could just come on this thread and get very detailed information very quickly. Plenty of good (and not so good) YouTubers and podcasts etc. But the great thing about this forum is that it is way more reactive during market trading hours

I don't want to put the forum down too much. I still enjoy coming here and like reading everyone's comments, but the level of analysis isn't like it once was.