Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
8A493636-6299-4FAB-9A9E-A9E2D61E8DF1.png
Do we dare say the B word ?

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBILIONAIRE ?

EDIT: My measly few millions are due to your postings 2 years ago.

Thanks bud!
And The best part is that it is not over yet

I realize that the best way to make millions of dollars in Tesla is to trade it over a period of 2 to 3 months at a time. In select circumstances that.timeframe could extend to 6 to 9 months

Right now it is at an inflection point where thousand dollars is the baseline and is the floor and definitely not the ceiling
over a period of next five years to 10 years Tesla is going to become A $2 trillion company

You cannot go wrong with either strategy of buying and holding or actively trading it from Long side

The only losers will be short sellers and those who sell too soon and cash in for good
Donely better investment that I can think of off the Tesla at this point is a space X.

I have been seriously considering of buying a stake in a SpaceX in a private placement but my major concern is liquidity

I’m not really interested in making 20 times my money that is not enough
I really want to make about 50 to 100 times my money over the next five years and that I can only accomplish by actively trading a publicly traded company with vast amount of liquidity available on a daily basis

@TrendTrader007

$TSLA I am not at all worried about giving away my trading secrets because the reason why most people do not make it in the stock market is not lack of knowledge it is failure to act

In fact I will go ahead another step and give you the secret to becoming super rich in the stock market
only 4 words:
FEMA
Follow Exponential moving averages

Last edited:
Specifically because they need to design it first...

It will be designed in China and and might use a cheaper cell chemistry like LFP...

As cell/pack prices drop that creates the opportunity to design cheaper models... if Tesla is targeting producing 20 Million cars per year, they need some of those cheaper models, at the right time.

To be 100% clear I think the optimistic base price for the cheapest Model 3 Tesla could make in the next 5 years or so is 30K, a 25K compact model needs to be designed and built to that price target.

Yes, much of what you say makes sense and I believe you are agreeing with me that they can't produce a $25,000 EV with 300 mile range because the technology is not there yet.

While they will get economies of scale as they ramp up production in various locations, I believe they barely make a profit on the $35,000 model 3 which is why it is a "request only" version. In fact, I believe I've read it is the same car as the next model up with software features turned off. So it will be a while before they can even ship a $30,000 version that makes profit.

When a profitable $25,000 EV with 300 mile range is available, that is when EVs will have taken over from ICE. The only question is who will get there first?

I can't believe Forbes actually referred to this in their article:

Tesla’s Secret Metric – Trefis

It's a no-BS explanation about Tesla investment for the average reader who is normally inundated by big oil hype.

(Forbes article can't leave it there though, has to give the 'reasonable' flip side case:
Jump Into Tesla, Wait, Or Get Out?)

Agree. TSLA is worth what the market will pay. Present value of future earnings has a lot of variables. Today’s market is placing a lot of emphasis on innovation and potential to estimate future earnings. Time is a factor, but the market seems to be willing to look long term.

the problem with that approach is that after multiple polite rebuttals the nonsense is repeated over and over, up to the point of frustration.
Yes, it's the bullshit asymetry principle again coming via shiftworker after Friday's Close.

It takes 10x more effort to refute their long-debunked laundry list of talking points, but they don't care: it's piece-work to them. They get paid by the 'disagree' and the 'reply'.

The goal is always to keep the conversation going, to never reach a conclusion. Uncertainty must be maintained (the cornerstone of FUD). It's straight from the Denier's Handbook (Ian Hall, 2019). Recommended for those here who encourage the trolls.

Mostly, it's not those barnacles members putting in the work to debunk FUD, but it will be them who lose the most when their main source(s) of critical analysis quit out of frustration with:
  • endless trolling
  • specious moderation
  • people that can't Google it themselves
  • people that are afraid to think for themselves
Have a good weekend. I'm going to enjoy mine, FUD-free. I'll bet @KarenRei and @Fact Checking are doing the same, without this fun of digging a basement in a houseboat. :p

Paging @CorneliusXX

EDIT: here's a story about how the climate-denier / troll-farm / puppy-mills operate:

Craigslist ad for right-wing commenters draws suspicion | NationalPost.com
craigslist.jpg

Last edited:
I am convinced Tesla is going for a big cap raise. I wonder if they are hedging on 'battery day' and the cap raise that I believe will come with it as they would like to line up the 'stars' perfectly with a GAAP + quarter? If my speculation is correct then we see the announcement of a date for battery day when they are convinced that they will achieve GAAP+ and therefor inclusion in SP500. Hopefully they can make this determination in the next 10-14 days.

hmmm...

It takes 10x more effort to refute their long-debunked laundry list of talking points, but they don't care: it's piece-work to them. They get paid by the 'disagree' and the 'reply'.

I don't mind 10x the work for literally infinitely more profit.

By the way, he did get one thing right - whatever he posts here has absolutely no impact on tmc investors or the stock price!

Has it been a few hours?
Did you get it?
Yep, we're back. The Y is beautiful. We we disappointed to learn that homelink is not included, but a $300 upgrade. Otherwise, no problem.

Happy to report that it is a busy day at the Decatur, GA, Tesla center. They are doing 15 deliveries today. Additionally, after years of shutting down this facility as a sales center, they are now providing test drives back to back. They have a Model Y for test drives. I'm not sure if Tesla is calling it a sales center again, but it does deliveries, service and once again test drives.

I am convinced Tesla is going for a big cap raise. I wonder if they are hedging on 'battery day' and the cap raise that I believe will come with it as they would like to line up the 'stars' perfectly with a GAAP + quarter? If my speculation is correct then we see the announcement of a date for battery day when they are convinced that they will achieve GAAP+ and therefor inclusion in SP500. Hopefully they can make this determination in the next 10-14 days.

hmmm...
What are you thinking they'd use the extra cash for?

Agree. TSLA is worth what the market will pay. Present value of future earnings has a lot of variables. Today’s market is placing a lot of emphasis on innovation and potential to estimate future earnings. Time is a factor, but the market seems to be willing to look long term.

Yes, Tesla is all about innovation and it's hard not to look positively at the potential of future earnings.

What amazes me is the 'Elon time' aspect of building the machine that builds the machine.
He jokes about having an issue with timing, punctuality etc., making light of his optimism. But what we see today in the development of Tesla production capacity is quite overwhelming. Shanghai was very fast for the initial phase, but just look at Phase II, etc. It's like watching reality unroll at 3X time.
Look at Berlin - it seems to be on the same trajectory.

And Starship is beyond any 'normal' approach. Compare to SLS, if that can be called normal. Even watching @Bocachicagal's videos, which of course are mostly sped up; they give a person the impression that the whole production is imbued with a freshly invigorated version of Elon Time. It's as if everyone connected has taken on super-human purpose and meaning. This can be seen across all his enterprises.

Yes, much of what you say makes sense and I believe you are agreeing with me that they can't produce a $25,000 EV with 300 mile range because the technology is not there yet.

While they will get economies of scale as they ramp up production in various locations, I believe they barely make a profit on the $35,000 model 3 which is why it is a "request only" version. In fact, I believe I've read it is the same car as the next model up with software features turned off. So it will be a while before they can even ship a $30,000 version that makes profit.

When a profitable $25,000 EV with 300 mile range is available, that is when EVs will have taken over from ICE. The only question is who will get there first?

Is that really a question? :oops:

Ramping up the 'machine that builds the machine'... we are seeing it in Shanghai, Berlin, soon Texas, maybe the UK. It looks set to accelerate further.
I don’t think they need cash for building more GFs, local government around the world would be bending over backwards to give them loans to do that.
At least before they fully automate General Assembly lines though.

Reactions: CanadaEV